Alchemical Hydra - Community PvM event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Monys
Forum Addict

Re: Alchemical Hydra - Community PvM event

Post by Monys » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:32 am

Iron adam wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:20 am
Respire1337 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 pm 10k or it won’t happen
Anyone else agree or have a different number in mind?
cc: @Nazuths @Pkh takeover @Monys @Candy bars @Hunkofman
Hmm. I'm on my phone but what is the health of AH versus other bosses that we have had in prior events that have a similar kill time? I want to say vorkath is probably pretty close in kill time so maybe base it off that?

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:49 am

Monys wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:32 am
cc: @Nazuths @Pkh takeover @Monys @Candy bars @Hunkofman
Hmm. I'm on my phone but what is the health of AH versus other bosses that we have had in prior events that have a similar kill time? I want to say vorkath is probably pretty close in kill time so maybe base it off that?
Hard to base it on vorkath, there was no money motivator for vorkath hence nobody done it, however with AH you've got the ferogloves and dhl which are what 15-20b ea.

I'd say this will get a lot more interest :)

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:32 am

cc:
We can try and keep it at 15k since it’s our first Hydra community event, and we can improve on it the next time around. It won’t even matter if we don’t get the goal, the hydra itself will keep us entertained.

Sick event :thumbsup:

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:48 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:32 am
We can try and keep it at 15k since it’s our first Hydra community event, and we can improve on it the next time around. It won’t even matter if we don’t get the goal, the hydra itself will keep us entertained.

Sick event :thumbsup:
i feel like Alex said it pretty well here that we shouldn't be too worried about the goal whether or not we complete it since hydra is already very well rewarding boss to kill expecting to get around 10B per hour at the very least with the maximum gear and medium effort!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:11 pm

Empty pot wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:48 pm i feel like Alex said it pretty well here that we shouldn't be too worried about the goal whether or not we complete it since hydra is already very well rewarding boss to kill expecting to get around 10B per hour at the very least with the maximum gear and medium effort!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yes... but no... The rewards for reaching the goal are equally as important. They are less, sure, but for my UIM they are deeply helpful and also for those who can achieve some extra loot/the feeling that they have helped achieve something.

Stick the KC to 10k imo.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:35 pm

Isaac wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:11 pm Yes... but no... The rewards for reaching the goal are equally as important. They are less, sure, but for my UIM they are deeply helpful and also for those who can achieve some extra loot/the feeling that they have helped achieve something.

Stick the KC to 10k imo.
That doesn't mean the goal should always be set low enough that completion is guaranteed though. And as for people saying the hydra's drops are good enough on their own, also keep in mind that the top X rewards are issued regardless of goal completion so the 20 people who did the most will be getting an additional reward no matter what happens.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:00 pm

Rapsey wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:35 pm
Isaac wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:11 pm Yes... but no... The rewards for reaching the goal are equally as important. They are less, sure, but for my UIM they are deeply helpful and also for those who can achieve some extra loot/the feeling that they have helped achieve something.

Stick the KC to 10k imo.
That doesn't mean the goal should always be set low enough that completion is guaranteed though. And as for people saying the hydra's drops are good enough on their own, also keep in mind that the top X rewards are issued regardless of goal completion so the 20 people who did the most will be getting an additional reward no matter what happens.
Just keep in mind that killing a Hydra boss takes a while. Even if you are good at it, that still takes a few mins per kill.
I like the rewards tho. No hate here.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:46 am

Here's me investing in Hydra drops months ago because their supply is limited by slayer task requirement...

Boosted drops and skipping slayer task requirements is already a really big thing so even if you get ashes as community event reward hydra is very much still worth it. Spoonfed irons want all free stacks of supplies but god forbid there's a magic shop with Astral runes.

This event is fueled by corruption.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:16 am

The underdog wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:46 am Here's me investing in Hydra drops months ago because their supply is limited by slayer task requirement...

Boosted drops and skipping slayer task requirements is already a really big thing so even if you get ashes as community event reward hydra is very much still worth it. Spoonfed irons want all free stacks of supplies but god forbid there's a magic shop with Astral runes.

LOL for real tho.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:17 am

The underdog wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:46 am Here's me investing in Hydra drops months ago because their supply is limited by slayer task requirement...

Investing in items that are out classed in their elements by custom whips 🐱🤡