Alchemical Hydra - Community PvM event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Alchemical Hydra - Community PvM event

Post by Rapsey » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:38 pm

Isaac wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:48 pm Ok I take your point but also counter that by saying that every extra item I get on my UIM makes the game mode worse as I lose even more storage since we have no functional extra storage outside of the refund box.
Then why would you want even more extra items from the personal reward? Oh right, because they come pre-refund-banked. It's not exactly intended that events give you banked supplies on an account that shouldn't have a bank. Note to self: change the refund box to have only a single withdraw-all button.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:51 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:38 pm
Isaac wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:48 pm Ok I take your point but also counter that by saying that every extra item I get on my UIM makes the game mode worse as I lose even more storage since we have no functional extra storage outside of the refund box.
Then why would you want even more extra items from the personal reward? Oh right, because they come pre-refund-banked. It's not exactly intended that events give you banked supplies on an account that shouldn't have a bank. Note to self: change the refund box to have only a single withdraw-all button.
This would be a real spit in the face to the entire UIM community. They are already hindered past the intent of the the gamemode by lack of optional storage. Would be an easy way to piss off a portion of the community without any real reason. This would only be acceptable when they receive their proper storage space, but we aren't quite there yet.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:03 pm

Elon musky wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:51 pm
This would be a real spit in the face to the entire UIM community. They are already hindered past the intent of the the gamemode by lack of optional storage. Would be an easy way to piss off a portion of the community without any real reason. This would only be acceptable when they receive their proper storage space, but we aren't quite there yet.
dont be so dramatic. the whole point of the game mode is no banking. that becomes kind of irrelevant if we have unlimited amounts of different storage space. STASH units are one thing, its all useless items. i think uim are lucky that they get anything, both on osrs and on pkhonor.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:49 pm

Iron adam wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:03 pm
Elon musky wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:51 pm

dont be so dramatic. the whole point of the game mode is no banking. that becomes kind of irrelevant if we have unlimited amounts of different storage space. STASH units are one thing, its all useless items. i think uim are lucky that they get anything, both on osrs and on pkhonor.
If you choose to dislike the game mode, and not enjoy it, then thats fine. And if feel as though UIM are spooned for having stash units, then play the game mode without using them.

The Osrs development team adds storage to uim in various ways because it makes the gamemode playable, and more progression possible. So we should try to mirror that as closely as possible if we want to attract players that enjoy the game mode of Osrs, but are looking for a slightly less grindy way to enjoy it.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:15 am

Ahhh so the truth comes out, @Isaac only wants better rewards so he can use a bank as an "uim" l0l, if you wanted to bank just don't play UIM but don't be mad at the rewards from such a lucrative boss because you can't abuse it the way you'd like, trash ass mentality if you ask me
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:48 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:15 am Ahhh so the truth comes out, @Isaac only wants better rewards so he can use a bank as an "uim" l0l, if you wanted to bank just don't play UIM but don't be mad at the rewards from such a lucrative boss because you can't abuse it the way you'd like, trash ass mentality if you ask me
Thanks for your contribution but I fear you completely missed/misunderstood the point I was making. I never said the rewards were bad, only that as an UIM player I value the personal rewards more that the passive GP made by attending the event. Therefore, I'd like a more realistic community goal of 10k for a 3 day event.

I also think jumping in and arguing about things I haven't even raised is similarly a trash ass mentality, for the record.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:24 pm

Pogchampion

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:32 pm

Isaac wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:48 pm
Thearlygamer wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:15 am Ahhh so the truth comes out, @Isaac only wants better rewards so he can use a bank as an "uim" l0l, if you wanted to bank just don't play UIM but don't be mad at the rewards from such a lucrative boss because you can't abuse it the way you'd like, trash ass mentality if you ask me
Thanks for your contribution but I fear you completely missed/misunderstood the point I was making. I never said the rewards were bad, only that as an UIM player I value the personal rewards more that the passive GP made by attending the event. Therefore, I'd like a more realistic community goal of 10k for a 3 day event.

I also think jumping in and arguing about things I haven't even raised is similarly a trash ass mentality, for the record.
You haven't raised them because you didn't want them exposed lol, and the only reason you want the community goal to be met is because they go to your bank as an uim, if these same goals were met and went straight to your precious inventory I doubt you'd want 1k adamant bolts and wizard boots to take up 2 slots, thus not caring for the community goal.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:40 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:32 pm You haven't raised them because you didn't want them exposed lol, and the only reason you want the community goal to be met is because they go to your bank as an uim, if these same goals were met and went straight to your precious inventory I doubt you'd want 1k adamant bolts and wizard boots to take up 2 slots, thus not caring for the community goal.
Perhaps I didn't raise them because they had nothing to do with the underlying point I was making? I feel like I'm going in circles here...

Regarding your second point of not wanting the rewards if they didn't go to refund, you're correct. The rewards currently go to refund box which is a very handy storage method given the comparatively unfinished and unoptimised game mode that is PkHonor UIM. Nothing controversial about that fact.