Alchemical Hydra - Community PvM event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Re: Alchemical Hydra - Community PvM event

Post by Thierryu1 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:49 am

Stale fish1 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:17 am
The underdog wrote: ↑Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:46 am Here's me investing in Hydra drops months ago because their supply is limited by slayer task requirement...

Boosted drops and skipping slayer task requirements is already a really big thing so even if you get ashes as community event reward hydra is very much still worth it. Spoonfed irons want all free stacks of supplies but god forbid there's a magic shop with Astral runes.

This event is fueled by corruption.
Investing in items that are out classed in their elements by custom whips 🐱🀑
That's why we invest in Feros

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:10 am

The underdog wrote: ↑Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:46 am Here's me investing in Hydra drops months ago because their supply is limited by slayer task requirement...

Boosted drops and skipping slayer task requirements is already a really big thing so even if you get ashes as community event reward hydra is very much still worth it. Spoonfed irons want all free stacks of supplies but god forbid there's a magic shop with Astral runes.

This event is fueled by corruption.
I am always willing to run events that benefit someone if they pay enough!

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:22 pm

okay, i guess for a 3 day event the rewards are nice. But i do think these events need a rework

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:24 pm

Just putting it out there we won't be achieving 15k kills in 3 days and therefore I likely won't bother participating! To all who do, good luck and prove me wrong, but judging by my last task of around 80 which took 4-5 hours it's just not realistic.
Rapsey wrote: ↑Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:35 pm That doesn't mean the goal should always be set low enough that completion is guaranteed though. And as for people saying the hydra's drops are good enough on their own, also keep in mind that the top X rewards are issued regardless of goal completion so the 20 people who did the most will be getting an additional reward no matter what happens.
Well congratulations to those 20 but for others who participated then tough luck because this goal of 15k is not going to be reached.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:47 pm

Isaac wrote: ↑Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:24 pm Well congratulations to those 20 but for others who participated then tough luck because this goal of 15k is not going to be reached.
Probably not. In that case everyone else is totally getting screwed by getting 3 days of +20% drops, double pet drops and access without slayer task. :roll: But of course if you don't consider that something worth taking advantage of that's your prerogative.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Rapsey wrote: ↑Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:47 pm Probably not. In that case everyone else is totally getting screwed by getting 3 days of +20% drops, double pet drops and access without slayer task. :roll: But of course if you don't consider that something worth taking advantage of that's your prerogative.
I'm mainly coming from an UIM background here but then again it's UIM and PkHonor doesn't care about that portion of the community :badjokeeel:

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:22 pm

Isaac wrote: ↑Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:51 pm
Rapsey wrote: ↑Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:47 pm Probably not. In that case everyone else is totally getting screwed by getting 3 days of +20% drops, double pet drops and access without slayer task. :roll: But of course if you don't consider that something worth taking advantage of that's your prerogative.
I'm mainly coming from an UIM background here but then again it's UIM and PkHonor doesn't care about that portion of the community :badjokeeel:
Damn bro u must be drunk, speaking the truth about pkh

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:00 pm

Isaac wrote: ↑Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:51 pm I'm mainly coming from an UIM background here but then again it's UIM and PkHonor doesn't care about that portion of the community :badjokeeel:
Given how tough UIM life is you'd think the +20% drops / double pet drops / access without slayer task would be all the more of a valuable opportunity for them.

But it's just not enough is it.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:43 pm

Isaac wrote: ↑Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:51 pm
You won't do this event because as an ironman you'll miss out on 50 superior dragon bones, an onyx, and 1k addy bolts unf? L0L as if getting a pet, fero gloves, lance, and brimstone rings wasnt good enough even just to alch them for extra funds. Cry me a river
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:48 pm

Rapsey wrote: ↑Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:00 pm Given how tough UIM life is you'd think the +20% drops / double pet drops / access without slayer task would be all the more of a valuable opportunity for them.

But it's just not enough is it.
Ok I take your point but also counter that by saying that every extra item I get on my UIM makes the game mode worse as I lose even more storage since we have no functional extra storage outside of the refund box.
Thearlygamer wrote: ↑Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:43 pm You won't do this event because as an ironman you'll miss out on 50 superior dragon bones, an onyx, and 1k addy bolts unf? L0L as if getting a pet, fero gloves, lance, and brimstone rings wasnt good enough even just to alch them for extra funds. Cry me a river
Actually yes, I value the event rewards far more over the clogging of even more inventory slots which I don't have capacity to store.