13 February Updates: mass DC fix, autocasting with charged staffs

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Elon musky
Premium Donator

Re: 13 February Updates: mass DC fix, autocasting with charged staffs

Post by Elon musky » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:51 pm

Thoby wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:08 pm
Thierryu1 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:44 pm
Thearlygamer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:44 am Now that Inferno seems to be around the corner, have you put any thought into how the cape will be implemented? I personally feel as if it should be introduced the same as it is in OSRS, since a reg and enchanted comp should take much more longer to grind than getting an inferno one, but a few players were hoping it'd be BIS. I just don't see the need to add a new BIS and create more power creep, just curious since we haven't heard an official response.
Make it a comp requirement.
Retweet
So in real life, I would love to see it a comp caps requirement upon release.

But In realistic senses, my brain just began understanding the complexities of TOB, so understanding the complexity of Inferno is still beyond my intellectual grasping field. And I imagine an extremely low success rate without the assistance of the completionist capes.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:56 pm

Elon musky wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:51 pm
Thoby wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:08 pm
Thierryu1 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:44 pm

Make it a comp requirement.
Retweet
So in real life, I would love to see it a comp caps requirement upon release.

But In realistic senses, my brain just began understanding the complexities of TOB, so understanding the complexity of Inferno is still beyond my intellectual grasping field. And I imagine an extremely low success rate without the assistance of the completionist capes.
But we also have things such as custom whips, nex gear, overloads and more. Should be easy comparable to osrs

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:33 am

Elon musky wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:51 pm So in real life, I would love to see it a comp caps requirement upon release.

The plan is to have a grace time period. So that would mean the new comp cape requirement goes active 2 weeks after inferno is released (for example), giving people time to complete it without instantly losing access to their comp capes.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:55 am

Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:33 am
Elon musky wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:51 pm So in real life, I would love to see it a comp caps requirement upon release.

The plan is to have a grace time period. So that would mean the new comp cape requirement goes active 2 weeks after inferno is released (for example), giving people time to complete it without instantly losing access to their comp capes.
Shouldn't it be in reverse then? Make it so they can't wear their comps for the first 2 weeks, to allow those who can be up for the challenge prove themselves, after the 2 weeks allow those with their comps to use it.

I just don't think a comp should be allowed prior to completing it at least once. I understand it's a difficult challenge, but why should some players have access to their comps while players without a comp don't? People saying it's going to be too hard will have to suck it up imo, we have plenty of OP gear compared to OSRS that should make the inferno easier.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:16 am

Thearlygamer wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:55 am Shouldn't it be in reverse then? Make it so they can't wear their comps for the first 2 weeks, to allow those who can be up for the challenge prove themselves, after the 2 weeks allow those with their comps to use it.
Wait, what? Then how is that making it a comp cape requirement? Are you saying it should only be a comp cape requirement for the first 2 weeks and after that it's not a requirement anymore? That just seems bizarre to me...

If anyone wants to prove that they are up to the challenge of doing it without comp they still can. They can either just do it without wearing their comp cape in the first two weeks, or they can wait two weeks after which they will be forced to do it without a comp cape.
Thearlygamer wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:55 am I understand it's a difficult challenge, but why should some players have access to their comps while players without a comp don't?
You're only thinking about inferno itself. Making it a comp cape requirement from day one doesn't just mean that people can't wear their comp capes in inferno, it means they can't wear their comp capes anywhere. Not everyone wants to drop everything they're doing and nolife inferno the second it gets released. We don't want the inferno release to suddenly capeblock people who were grinding ToB or anything else. That's the idea behind the grace time period, so everyone isn't immediately forced to do it before they can carry on with anything else, but instead can fit it in sometime within the next 2 weeks.

I would be totally fine saying: you can keep wearing your comp cape in the first 2 weeks except in inferno. Giving people 2 weeks to do inferno with comp cape is not the goal here.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:56 am

Idk I've mentioned this before but I don't think inferno should be a comp req on the merit of the fact that it'll alienate a portion of the player base who don't care about extremely difficult PvM content.

Currently, you can get a comp playing on trackpad. Following that requirement, you will not be able to anymore, unless you're extremely skilled on a trackpad.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:11 am

Raj wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:56 am Idk I've mentioned this before but I don't think inferno should be a comp req on the merit of the fact that it'll alienate a portion of the player base who don't care about extremely difficult PvM content.

Currently, you can get a comp playing on trackpad. Following that requirement, you will not be able to anymore, unless you're extremely skilled on a trackpad.
Not entirely true, PKing portion for comp is definitely not trackpadeable. You could however, get someone to service this part for you, which similarly you can do for Inferno. I don't think Inferno being a comp requirement is bad

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:16 am

Nazuths wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:11 am
Raj wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:56 am Idk I've mentioned this before but I don't think inferno should be a comp req on the merit of the fact that it'll alienate a portion of the player base who don't care about extremely difficult PvM content.

Not entirely true, PKing portion for comp is definitely not trackpadeable. You could however, get someone to service this part for you, which similarly you can do for Inferno. I don't think Inferno being a comp requirement is bad
I can confirm that I definitely got my comp cape Pking done on my main account with a trackpad. That’s legit how I pked back then. But that’s besides the point I guess

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:24 am

Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:16 am You're only thinking about inferno itself. Making it a comp cape requirement from day one doesn't just mean that people can't wear their comp capes in inferno, it means they can't wear their comp capes anywhere. Not everyone wants to drop everything they're doing and nolife inferno the second it gets released.
I mean.... that’s what you guys did when making the wilderness diaries a comp cape requirement. Everyone stopped what they were doing and had to go and complete those in order to wear their comps again. So players have done it before.
Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:16 am I would be totally fine saying: you can keep wearing your comp cape in the first 2 weeks except in inferno. Giving people 2 weeks to do inferno with comp cape is not the goal here.
Having trouble following what you’re saying here.

Are you saying that every players first Inferno completion has to be without a completionist cape?

But players that already have the comp cape can use it anywhere until 2 weeks after infernos release, and after the 2 weeks, they can no longer use their comp cape anywhere until they complete the inferno?

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:43 am

Elon musky wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:24 am
Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:16 am You're only thinking about inferno itself. Making it a comp cape requirement from day one doesn't just mean that people can't wear their comp capes in inferno, it means they can't wear their comp capes anywhere. Not everyone wants to drop everything they're doing and nolife inferno the second it gets released.
I mean.... that’s what you guys did when making the wilderness diaries a comp cape requirement. Everyone stopped what they were doing and had to go and complete those in order to wear their comps again. So players have done it before.
Yeah but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.
Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:16 am I would be totally fine saying: you can keep wearing your comp cape in the first 2 weeks except in inferno. Giving people 2 weeks to do inferno with comp cape is not the goal here.
Having trouble following what you’re saying here.

Are you saying that every players first Inferno completion has to be without a completionist cape?

But players that already have the comp cape can use it anywhere until 2 weeks after infernos release, and after the 2 weeks, they can no longer use their comp cape anywhere until they complete the inferno?
earlygame worded his post weirdly and Raps is having trouble understanding, and so am I tbh.

@Thearlygamer explain plz