13 February Updates: mass DC fix, autocasting with charged staffs

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Monys
Forum Addict

Re: 13 February Updates: mass DC fix, autocasting with charged staffs

Post by Monys » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:01 am

Church wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:43 am
Elon musky wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:24 am
Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:16 am You're only thinking about inferno itself. Making it a comp cape requirement from day one doesn't just mean that people can't wear their comp capes in inferno, it means they can't wear their comp capes anywhere. Not everyone wants to drop everything they're doing and nolife inferno the second it gets released.
I mean.... that’s what you guys did when making the wilderness diaries a comp cape requirement. Everyone stopped what they were doing and had to go and complete those in order to wear their comps again. So players have done it before.
Yeah but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.
Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:16 am I would be totally fine saying: you can keep wearing your comp cape in the first 2 weeks except in inferno. Giving people 2 weeks to do inferno with comp cape is not the goal here.
Having trouble following what you’re saying here.

Are you saying that every players first Inferno completion has to be without a completionist cape?

But players that already have the comp cape can use it anywhere until 2 weeks after infernos release, and after the 2 weeks, they can no longer use their comp cape anywhere until they complete the inferno?
earlygame worded his post weirdly and Raps is having trouble understanding, and so am I tbh.

@Thearlygamer explain plz
+1 to not being a solution. X'S statement sounds like a typical response of "I grinded 2b off copper ore, iron ore ore shouldn't be the meta" type of analogy. Just because there was a better solution later on, doesn't mean the old one was right.

Arly"s question seemed pretty straightforward in this post?

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:28 am

Nazuths wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:11 am Not entirely true, PKing portion for comp is definitely not trackpadeable. You could however, get someone to service this part for you, which similarly you can do for Inferno. I don't think Inferno being a comp requirement is bad
Big ironman guy so you know... and true for inferno services I suppose

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:39 am

Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:16 am
Thearlygamer wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:55 am Shouldn't it be in reverse then? Make it so they can't wear their comps for the first 2 weeks, to allow those who can be up for the challenge prove themselves, after the 2 weeks allow those with their comps to use it.
Wait, what? Then how is that making it a comp cape requirement? Are you saying it should only be a comp cape requirement for the first 2 weeks and after that it's not a requirement anymore? That just seems bizarre to me...

If anyone wants to prove that they are up to the challenge of doing it without comp they still can. They can either just do it without wearing their comp cape in the first two weeks, or they can wait two weeks after which they will be forced to do it without a comp cape.
Thearlygamer wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:55 am I understand it's a difficult challenge, but why should some players have access to their comps while players without a comp don't?
You're only thinking about inferno itself. Making it a comp cape requirement from day one doesn't just mean that people can't wear their comp capes in inferno, it means they can't wear their comp capes anywhere. Not everyone wants to drop everything they're doing and nolife inferno the second it gets released. We don't want the inferno release to suddenly capeblock people who were grinding ToB or anything else. That's the idea behind the grace time period, so everyone isn't immediately forced to do it before they can carry on with anything else, but instead can fit it in sometime within the next 2 weeks.

I would be totally fine saying: you can keep wearing your comp cape in the first 2 weeks except in inferno. Giving people 2 weeks to do inferno with comp cape is not the goal here.
I guess I did word it off, but basically I'd like for players to have to do the inferno without their comps. Mainly because I don't see how it'd be fair for players who aren't comped prior to this update who have to do it without one. I didn't know having the comps work everywhere except the inferno for 2 weeks was an option, but I wouldn't be against making those with their comps have to grind inferno to use it again, it would give a bit more hype to such a large update if everyone is doing the new content.

Also I think the soon to come "inferno services" should be against the rules at least for the first 2 week period.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:29 am

Elon musky wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:24 am I mean.... that’s what you guys did when making the wilderness diaries a comp cape requirement. Everyone stopped what they were doing and had to go and complete those in order to wear their comps again. So players have done it before.
Yes we did. Doesn't mean we can't do better this time. Keep in mind there are other things that should be added to comp cape reqs but weren't until now. Ideally that should happen when the new content is released which means comp cape becoming unwearable would happen far more often. That's why we want to make it less annoying.
Elon musky wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:24 am Having trouble following what you’re saying here.

Are you saying that every players first Inferno completion has to be without a completionist cape?

But players that already have the comp cape can use it anywhere until 2 weeks after infernos release, and after the 2 weeks, they can no longer use their comp cape anywhere until they complete the inferno?
I'm not saying first inferno completion. I'm saying you need to meet the new comp cape reqs before you can use it in inferno (whatever those may be) but outside of inferno you can still wear it for 2 weeks before the new reqs take effect. So it doesn't make inferno easier but it does give you a little time so you can avoid losing the ability to wear your cape everywhere else.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:46 am

Just postpone inferno. It's not the content we want, and it feels rushed. Finish it? Yes. Release it? Not yet until we discuss whatever should that cape do. Wait for CoX release so we can get a twisted bow and make it easier to finish the cape.

We still need pathing, prayer and hitbox improvements. So yeah, finish it and release it after CoX.

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:36 pm

Woot Inferno! Comp cape or not, looking forward to give it a shot on my UIM! Hope it'll be possible with 18ish inv spaces...

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:55 pm

Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:29 am
Elon musky wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:24 am I mean.... that’s what you guys did when making the wilderness diaries a comp cape requirement. Everyone stopped what they were doing and had to go and complete those in order to wear their comps again. So players have done it before.
Yes we did. Doesn't mean we can't do better this time. Keep in mind there are other things that should be added to comp cape reqs but weren't until now. Ideally that should happen when the new content is released which means comp cape becoming unwearable would happen far more often. That's why we want to make it less annoying.
I think you guys misunderstood why I brought up this reference.

I only mentioned this to state that if this were the last option on the table, it wouldn’t be the end of the server as we know it because we had a similar event in the past and it all worked out fine. I don’t think, nor was I trying to provide justification on why this would be the best route. I didn’t like it then either.

Rapsey wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:33 am giving people time to complete it without instantly losing access to their comp capes.
And I think this is the sentence that got me and @Thearlygamer confused the most. As I read it, it seemed that you were intending to say “giving people time to complete the inferno (it) with the completionist cape without instant losing their comp capes.

Which would be extremely unfair to those without the comp cape at the moment..... but you cleared up your statement in further discussion

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:14 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:46 am Just postpone inferno. It's not the content we want, and it feels rushed. Finish it? Yes. Release it? Not yet until we discuss whatever should that cape do. Wait for CoX release so we can get a twisted bow and make it easier to finish the cape.

We still need pathing, prayer and hitbox improvements. So yeah, finish it and release it after CoX.
This is my least favorite take so far.

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:10 pm

Church wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:14 pm
Respire1337 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:46 am Just postpone inferno. It's not the content we want, and it feels rushed. Finish it? Yes. Release it? Not yet until we discuss whatever should that cape do. Wait for CoX release so we can get a twisted bow and make it easier to finish the cape.

This is my least favorite take so far.

+1 to church. i am at the stage where i just want any form of new content, this wait 2 years and it'll be good just isn't working anymore
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3