13 February Updates: mass DC fix, autocasting with charged staffs

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

13 February Updates: mass DC fix, autocasting with charged staffs

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:25 pm

First off, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the mass DC's that have occurred last night and the night before. On the bright side, our extensive logging allowed us to pinpoint the exact cause of both mass DC's and as such we managed to work out a solution to (hopefully) permanently remove the cause of these DC's. If any more were to happen in the future, at least we'll be able to determine their exact cause and work out a fix.

Aside from the mass DC fix, this update allows players to autocast any spell with charged staffs (trident of the seas/swamp, sanguinesti staff and dawnbringer), as you could before the 20 January update. This is not something that is possible in OSRS, but there was overwhelming community support in an official poll.
Just to be clear, the fact that you could no longer autocast all spell with charged staffs as of 20 January was not something we specially implemented back then, but rather was an unintended side effect of the game being able to remember your last attack style and autocast spell. Allowing you to autocast any spell with charged staffs was a feature that took some time to implement, but certainly well worth the effort.

Lastly, the update also includes a fix for staffs having "wind strike" as default autocast spell if no autocast spell was selected before.

Work on the Inferno was delayed by the implementation of some of these mechanic changes (including weapon style remembering and instant packet processing), but we are currently making good progress. Most of the smaller monsters (including their special abilities) have been implemented, now all that remains for me is the implementation of Jal-Zek, JalTok-Jad and of course TzKal-Zuk. We're very excited to bring this new and challenging minigame to PkHonor!

Empty
Honor Player

Re: 13 February Updates: mass DC fix, autocasting with charged staffs

Post by Empty » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:40 pm

p o g

Pk3er97
Premium Donator

Post by Pk3er97 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:52 pm

Thanks for the efforts, Glad to know Mass DC is fixed.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:53 pm

@Mike
Sometimes (I only have it in TOB) my character I am playing on DC's for no reason. The other accounts I have on but not playing on won't DC, just my main.
This seems to be a quite recent thing to happen. I don't know if this is also a part of the DC problem you fixed but I just wanted to let you know.
Thanks for the update though, autocasting fix is really nice!

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:05 am

IDK if this should be allowed, but I can auto-cast without having a staff equipped by going to my spellbook and right-clicking auto-cast. Same for the manual cast. Is that intended or no? Granted, when you have it set to auto-cast, then switch weapons, then back to the melee weapon it clears out the auto-cast and returns to being a melee weapon.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:44 am

Now that Inferno seems to be around the corner, have you put any thought into how the cape will be implemented? I personally feel as if it should be introduced the same as it is in OSRS, since a reg and enchanted comp should take much more longer to grind than getting an inferno one, but a few players were hoping it'd be BIS. I just don't see the need to add a new BIS and create more power creep, just curious since we haven't heard an official response.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:44 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:44 am Now that Inferno seems to be around the corner, have you put any thought into how the cape will be implemented? I personally feel as if it should be introduced the same as it is in OSRS, since a reg and enchanted comp should take much more longer to grind than getting an inferno one, but a few players were hoping it'd be BIS. I just don't see the need to add a new BIS and create more power creep, just curious since we haven't heard an official response.
Make it a comp requirement.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:08 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:44 pm
Thearlygamer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:44 am Now that Inferno seems to be around the corner, have you put any thought into how the cape will be implemented? I personally feel as if it should be introduced the same as it is in OSRS, since a reg and enchanted comp should take much more longer to grind than getting an inferno one, but a few players were hoping it'd be BIS. I just don't see the need to add a new BIS and create more power creep, just curious since we haven't heard an official response.
Make it a comp requirement.
Retweet
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:27 pm

this is an odd one, unless its a perfect inferno can we really ask for it to be a comp req? like tob was never a comp req and thats really not even difficult.
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:34 pm

Pkh takeover wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:27 pm this is an odd one, unless its a perfect inferno can we really ask for it to be a comp req? like tob was never a comp req and thats really not even difficult.
Make ToB a comp req too.