22 January Updates: DC fixes, re-introduction of instant switching/banking

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

22 January Updates: DC fixes, re-introduction of instant switching/banking

Post by Mike » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:03 pm

The update on 20 January had introduced a number of issues. Some players experienced far more random disconnects than before, while many also a felt that certain actions felt far more "laggy" than before the update. Because of these issues and because of a slight majority of our community voting in favour of instant switching (poll), we have decided to revert this change for now.

This update does not revert the change where weapon styles and autocast are remembered (I'm sure everyone wants us to keep this feature), it's just the instant processing of packets that has been re-introduced, at least for the time being. Keep in mind that this is a temporary solution, as further changes and tweaks to our game mechanics may be introduced in future updates based on community feedback.

Not being able to instantly switch, eat or drink a potion were originally intended to be this way, as we generally aim to have our combat mechanics match those in OSRS as closely as possible. However, some players clearly prefer to have their actions instantly processed, rather than having to wait for the next game tick. There were also players complaining about having to wait longer than usual for their items to appear whenever they deposit or withdraw items to or from their bank (among other things).

The mixed reception of the changes introduced in our previous update indicates that we have to keep working on a solution that our community feels comfortable about. There will probably never be a consensus among the community which solution is the best - the OSRS way, or the way that many experience as being less choppy and less laggy. Ideally, we'd want to settle for the best of both worlds, but whether this is actually possible remains to be seen.
Therefore, keep the discussion going, but please do so in a civilized manner and with respect for other people's opinions. There is no right and wrong in this, in the end we just want whatever people enjoy the most, which differs from person to person.

Vik
Honor Player

Re: 22 January Updates: DC fixes, re-introduction of instant switching/banking

Post by Vik » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:10 pm

rip was fun while we had it.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 pm

Now I don't have to wait an eternity for my staff to drop at p1 or for Nylo boss to register my switches. Thanks, shit was unnecessarily annoying imo.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:27 pm

Was the empowered staves autocast bug fixed as well?

Scrap iron
Premium Donator

Post by Scrap iron » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:13 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 pm Now I don't have to wait an eternity for my staff to drop at p1 or for Nylo boss to register my switches. Thanks, shit was unnecessarily annoying imo.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:29 pm

goat

Pvm is fun
Premium Donator

Post by Pvm is fun » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Thanks for your hard work!