Vorkath - Community Bossing Event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Re: Vorkath - Community Bossing Event

Post by Will be ok2 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:16 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:59 pm
Will be ok2 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:43 pm Definitely lol also I spoke with a variety of members in the community the current census is that the top 10 rewards should be buffed to near value of previous rewards (2019/ early 2020 rewards) but it’s also super appreciated all the hard work you’re doing by putting these events together! :)
What do you mean? The rewards weren't any higher back then.

Also keep in mind this is a 3 day event so it makes sense the rewards aren't the same as an event that takes 7 days of grinding.
The rewards use to be larger for 7 day events, if u compare previous Sara gwd event rewards to the barrows event we just had there is a significant difference. I think first place reward should be close to 25-30B+ IMO. I know that there are a couple people who will say “but the 20% loot bonus is good enough” and yes that’s a good point however the top 3 players in events typically grind more than 50-60 hours that week, thus should have a good reward for being the best in the leaderboards.

Also I had forgotten this was only a 3 day event my apologies.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:15 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:16 pm The rewards use to be larger for 7 day events, if u compare previous Sara gwd event rewards to the barrows event we just had there is a significant difference. I think first place reward should be close to 25-30B+ IMO. I know that there are a couple people who will say “but the 20% loot bonus is good enough” and yes that’s a good point however the top 3 players in events typically grind more than 50-60 hours that week, thus should have a good reward for being the best in the leaderboards.

Also I had forgotten this was only a 3 day event my apologies.
I did compare them and on average I can't find a difference. I don't think it's fair to take the one event where we went overboard with the rewards, compare it to one event where the rewards were below average and use that to conclude that overall the rewards are way less than they used to be.

That kind of reasoning is actually what makes us reluctant to do great rewards. If we do one event with amazing rewards people seem to think that from now on every event should be like that and call them sub-par if they're not. I wouldn't mind doing an event with very lucrative rewards every now and then but if it'll just lead to people complaining about the normal events, why bother.

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:29 am

Looking really forward to this !

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:30 am

Pim wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:29 am Looking really forward to this !
you gotta get off internet explorer pim...
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Pvm is fun
Premium Donator

Post by Pvm is fun » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:59 am

Is there a reason the kill count is always set really high?

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:36 am

Pvm is fun wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:59 am Is there a reason the kill count is always set really high?
Usually based on data from previous events, not sure about this time.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:53 am

Church wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:36 am
Pvm is fun wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:59 am Is there a reason the kill count is always set really high?
I set it based on the Zulrah event. The goal was reached in a day and a half that time around. Vorkath kills are faster than zulrah kills in my experience. So, I figured people would be able to keep up. Seems like there wasn't much effort put in...

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:09 am

Iron adam wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:53 am
I set it based on the Zulrah event. The goal was reached in a day and a half that time around. Vorkath kills are faster than zulrah kills in my experience. So, I figured people would be able to keep up. Seems like there wasn't much effort put in...
this would mainly be because vorkath doesn't have any real good items, nothing that irons need to grind out for or anything that sells for a nice amount in ge. its just not an appealing boss unfortunately
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:14 am

Pkh takeover wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:09 am

this would mainly be because vorkath doesn't have any real good items, nothing that irons need to grind out for or anything that sells for a nice amount in ge. its just not an appealing boss unfortunately
bro its great crafting and prayer exp though isnt it? and u need ward

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:35 am

Iron adam wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:14 am
Pkh takeover wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:09 am

bro its great crafting and prayer exp though isnt it? and u need ward
Nobody has a need to kill vorkath lmao (dragonfire ward is meh because of op blowpipe), zulrah has like 5-7 uniques and is actually a profitable money maker, barely any gp is made from vorkath hence the under 5k community kills :(

Also not saying that every event has to make bank but atleast where the gp isn't as good make the community rewards and top 10 rewards a bit better?

Dunno just the general consensus of the community throughout the weekend