20 January Updates: weapon styles, smoother gameplay

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Kidnamer
Honor Player

Re: 20 January Updates: weapon styles, smoother gameplay

Post by Kidnamer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:28 pm

I've noticed if you try to quickly click 4 times on a same item such as Saradomin brews, or Rocktails, out of your bank into your inv. that the first three are not as fast as normal to land into the inv. and the fourth click, the item takes the longest to land into bank, like 12 ticks longer than usual. Haha. But, I've always quickly clicked on potions and food to land in my inv. out of bank and I've never had it look that slow before to actually get into my inventory. I can really see the delay for the same kind of items to come into inv. and even if its just one item by itself, you can still notice the difference before the update, in my opinion, but I do know its not my imagination. I have great WiFi speed, my laptop isn't that old, its quite decent for Runescape to run correctly, especially OSRS, & I even asked another player that's been on the server for quite some time now and he also said he saw a difference in the speed in receiving items into his inv from bank, now I know it's probably not happening for everyone, but I'm sure some are experiencing the delay issue. But otherwise, the Update is awesome, and amazing. Thanks!
Kidnamer Was Here. :D

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:33 pm

Kidnamer wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:28 pm I've noticed if you try to quickly click 4 times on a same item such as Saradomin brews, or Rocktails, out of your bank into your inv. that the first three are not as fast as normal to land into the inv. and the fourth click, the item takes the longest to land into bank, like 12 ticks longer than usual. Haha. But, I've always quickly clicked on potions and food to land in my inv. out of bank and I've never had it look that slow before to actually get into my inventory. I can really see the delay for the same kind of items to come into inv. and even if its just one item by itself, you can still notice the difference before the update, in my opinion, but I do know its not my imagination. I have great WiFi speed, my laptop isn't that old, its quite decent for Runescape to run correctly, especially OSRS, & I even asked another player that's been on the server for quite some time now and he also said he saw a difference in the speed in receiving items into his inv from bank, now I know it's probably not happening for everyone, but I'm sure some are experiencing the delay issue. But otherwise, the Update is awesome, and amazing. Thanks!
12 ticks? That shouldn't be possible. This update only changed which actions (or interface updates) can happen in between ticks and which have to wait until the next tick. Nothing should take longer than 1 tick because of this.

Akuizm
Premium Donator

Post by Akuizm » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:45 pm

When I click my prayer preset it switch back to normal prayers when I'm on the other book.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:48 pm

Nazuths wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:05 pm Good update on the weapon styles part.

Honestly not a fan of this new way of processing packets tho, as @Raj already said:
Raj wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:45 am Personally I absolutely hate the OSRS way and it makes the game feel extremely laggy and seeing it instantly lets you fix a misclick in a shorter time which is categorically useful
I completely agree with this, when someone suggested it yesterday, it didn't get any overwhelming support so I'm honestly not sure why it was released just like that. This especially affects the faster switchers in-game, so for me, it's a hard pill to swallow.
I'll refer to viewtopic.php?f=11&t=82044 for this one.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:43 am

Finally, attack styles remembered! Great update :thumbsup:

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:49 am

Mike wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:50 pm Charged staffs (Trident of the seas/swamp, Sanguinesti staff and Dawnbringer) along with the whip/tentacle of magic are considered as having their own category. This means the game will remember whatever spell you were autocasting with a whip of magic, separate from whatever spell you were autocasting with a staff. As for charged staffs, the game will remember whether you were using regular autocast, defensive autocast or melee attacks with that specific charged staff.
Please let us know if any problems arise because of this update, so we can resolve them as quickly as possible.
so ive notice this one with the sang staff, if your mage stats are lowered to under 75 while wielding the staff, no matter how many times you take it off and on while your stats go back to normal it wont auto cast without you manually selecting it, if i recall in osrs when wearing it will always revert to auto cast when equipped
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Its flat
Known Venturer

Post by Its flat » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:36 am

Huge QOL update, thank you!

Kidnamer
Honor Player

Post by Kidnamer » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:47 am

Rapsey wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:33 pm
Kidnamer wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:28 pm I've noticed if you try to quickly click 4 times on a same item such as Saradomin brews, or Rocktails, out of your bank into your inv. that the first three are not as fast as normal to land into the inv. and the fourth click, the item takes the longest to land into bank, like 12 ticks longer than usual. Haha. But, I've always quickly clicked on potions and food to land in my inv. out of bank and I've never had it look that slow before to actually get into my inventory. I can really see the delay for the same kind of items to come into inv. and even if its just one item by itself, you can still notice the difference before the update, in my opinion, but I do know its not my imagination. I have great WiFi speed, my laptop isn't that old, its quite decent for Runescape to run correctly, especially OSRS, & I even asked another player that's been on the server for quite some time now and he also said he saw a difference in the speed in receiving items into his inv from bank, now I know it's probably not happening for everyone, but I'm sure some are experiencing the delay issue. But otherwise, the Update is awesome, and amazing. Thanks!
12 ticks? That shouldn't be possible. This update only changed which actions (or interface updates) can happen in between ticks and which have to wait until the next tick. Nothing should take longer than 1 tick because of this.
I promise I meant 1.2 ticks lolol
Kidnamer Was Here. :D