9 January Updates: New teleport interface

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

9 January Updates: New teleport interface

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:09 pm

I'm sure many of you will be thinking "if only we had this QoL feature 8 years ago", but better late than never, right?

The screenshot below should be pretty self-explanatory. You can open this menu from any existing teleport spell in your spellbook (except the "Home", "PoH' and "Morph" teleports, which teleport you right away when clicked). This should make it less of a hassle to get where you need to be and help new players find their way around the server much easier. Enjoy!

You can use the keys 1 - 9, 0 and A - J to quick select any teleport location. Pressing "L" will take you to the last location and using Ctrl + 1 - 7 will select another teleport section (for example, Ctrl + 3 will select the "Skilling" teleports).

And yes, this is indeed a sneak peek of the Inferno which will be included in our next update. It shouldn't take me too long to get finished, since most of the base is already done. Now I just need to add all the special attacks to the NPC's and do some testing.

I'm sure you are all very anxious to start raiding in the Chambers of Xeric, but for the past several months I came to the realization that I could get a lot more updates done (and save myself from one heck of a burnout) if I just focus on other content for the time being. No worries, CoX is still coming, just much later than I had initially anticipated. At least for now you have one more minigame to look forward to, which will be released shortly.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Re: 9 January Updates: New teleport interface

Post by Azu rite » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:37 pm

Great qol update.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:15 pm

Maybe not too interesting for the vets, but probably more self explanatory for new players.
#Justice4Church

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:19 pm

Update: you can use the keys 1 - 9, 0 and A - J to quick select any teleport location. Pressing "L" will take you to the last location and using Ctrl + 1 - 7 will select another teleport section (for example, Ctrl + 3 will select the "Skilling" teleports).

Ely
Honor Player

Post by Ely » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:28 pm

Looking good, nice QOL :thumbsup:

Ashton
Premium Donator

Post by Ashton » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:41 pm

Let's gooooooooo!

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:51 pm

Okay, my first reply was kind of stupid, glad you added the numbers selection! Weapons remembering last style used coming soon too, right?

Senior Moderator

Post by 026 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:01 pm

Nice work!

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:21 pm

Great work!

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:33 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:51 pm Okay, my first reply was kind of stupid, glad you added the numbers selection! Weapons remembering last style used coming soon too, right?
Sorry for removing the post, it just felt kinda disrespectful. No hard feelings!

Remembering weapon style surely is a tricky one for me, because I honestly have no idea how it's supposed to work. If anyone can tell me how that all works, I'll be sure to fix it (it's one of those nasty to-do's that's been on my list for 4 years but just don't know how to get it done).

Like, what happens when you switch from an ags to a whip? Both have completely different styles.
What if you switch from an ags to a whip and then back to your ags?
What if you switch from an ags to a whip to a bgs?
What if you switch from a magic shortbow to a whip, to a staff and back to the magic shortbow?

Once these questions are answered, I'm sure I can work this out. Believe me, I want this fixed just as much as you all do ;)

As for prayer flicking, please read viewtopic.php?f=11&t=81947

As for the combat triangle, the Inferno monsters have the exact same stats as in OSRS and our combat calculations should also work the exact same way (we did make some adjustments in PvP in the past because people with high-end gear and 99 defence were making melee fights long and boring). The combat triangle might require permanent tweaking, but hopefully this should not be needed for PvM, at least not for those monsters introduced in the last 2 years. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

As for pathing, that's such a broad concept which entails dozens of smaller mechanics, all of which operate independently of each other. Saying "fix pathing" is as clear to me as "fix the game", because it contains no useful information whatsoever. If you can point me to a very specific mechanic in pathfinding, show me a video about a particular mechanic, how it works in PkHonor versus how it works in OSRS, and we can work with that. A few years ago, Adamthalion had posted videos with a few specific pathfinding mechanics in PkHonor and OSRS, one of the only times I can remember someone gave us pathing-information that was actually useful for us, allowing us to make improvements. I know that there's still work to be done on that part, but I need useful feedback before I can do so.

Granted, I don't often read the forums so there's a good chance someone has already providde the information needed. If so, please do post some links to the appropriate topics in here so that I can investigate and improve these game mechanics.