24 December Updates: Christmas Event, bank space price, alch values

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

24 December Updates: Christmas Event, bank space price, alch values

Post by Mike » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:37 am

Late as always, but released at last: the Christmas event!

Although we did not quite follow the storyline that one of our mods had written out (sorry Blix!), we did draw inspiration from it in order to release an event that seemed appropriate in the spirit of the season while also being able to get it released in time and giving a fitting reward.

There is actually one new item that you need for the event, but you don't necessarily need to partake in the event in order to obtain it. As such, the items will remain in the game even after the event is over (hint: it's a cosmetic that you can wear in your weapon slot).

The Christmas event ends in:

In further news, we have come to the realization that severely reducing our alch prices without any advance warning was not a good idea. We didn't want players to "abuse" the knowledge of this important change if they knew about it beforehand, but not informing our players turned out to be even worse. The complaints about the sudden and severe loss of a means to earn coins (especially affecting ironman players) were certainly justified.

That being said, we have now doubled the alch prices of all items, so alch prices are now only slightly lower than what they were before. However, the junk store will still give 60% of the high alch value and low alching will still give 80% of the high alch value.

Please keep in mind that the alch prices will not stay like this. Sometime in Early January, we will focus heavily on the alch prices of many items, changing them where necessary and also adjusting several NPC drops. We would advise everyone to alch those items worth alching within the next 2 weeks, because after that, alch and junk store prices may change a lot (some may increase, while several will be lowered).

Last of all, we have also halved the pricing of bank slots, so the first 50 slots will now cost 2,500 donator credits instead of 5,000. Subsequent slots now cost 5K, 7.5K, 10K etc. per 50 slots.

We are hoping that these changes will put the uneasiness about the alch prices and bank slots to rest. We're always open for feedback and constructive criticism about the changes that we make to the game, but there will be no futher reduction of the bank slot pricing in the future.

Although a select few players have expressed outrage at some of the changes in the previous update, most of you have shown an immense amount of understanding for our choices and argued about the changes in such a proper and civilized way that I could have barely imagined possible. Hat's off to those who have contributed to this discussion and who did so with an open mind and respect toward us. We're proud to have a community like this one!

Empty
Honor Player

Re: 24 December Updates: Christmas Event, bank space price, alch values

Post by Empty » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:39 am

OMGGGG

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:41 am

Thank you for coming to such a mature reaction to the un-forseen "nerfs" to alching and handling it in such a professional way. Props to you and your team :)

Merry Christmas to all :D

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:48 pm

Great update and thank you for responding to the reactions from the last update. Professional and measured as always!

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:56 pm

I am going to be honest....

I did not expect to wake up to an update like this. Interpreting the feedback of the community and acting so quickly to rectify it shows that you guys really do care about the community and their thoughts on the server. This really gives me hope of the progress going forward, and I really hope you guys find the balance you guys are looking to create with these changes in the coming weeks.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Still stupid expensive for some bank space, also, the event was something else.
Thanks for the rest of the feedback change tho.

E l y
Premium Donator

Post by E l y » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:53 pm

Still not understanding the reason behind lowering alch prices..

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:26 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:29 pm Still stupid expensive for some bank space, also, the event was something else.
Thanks for the rest of the feedback change tho.
+100 bank slots is now 7500 credits, so the price of 1 custom whip until this update. Or in other words 5% of the credit price of a demon kiteshield. It's not cheap but I don't think it's stupid expensive.

Or if you were to buy credits at 5M each that'd be about 3% of the price of a legends cape.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:51 pm

Update: I wasn't even aware of the fact that you need 99 agility to pass the boulder south of GWD. I've now added an alternative route from Death Plateau to reach Trollheim mountain, without any agility requirements in the update that was released just now.

The dialogue of the witch has also been fixed to point you in the proper direction (I had accidentally made her say you need to go east instead of west). She will now also explain the alternative route that requires no agility.