20 December Updates: Alch prices, donator store discount, ironman donations and bank slots

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Eagle fe
Premium Donator

Re: 20 December Updates: Alch prices, donator store discount, ironman donations and bank slots

Post by Eagle fe » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:02 pm

Guga69 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:32 pm Good day to all,

As an ironman, I find this update very interesting, at first I disliked it a bit, now my feelings for it are neutral. From my perspective, the custom whip update will take some of the fun away from the game. As of now, a lot of people will just grind one of the whips, then hop on to the main account and grind out the donator credits. For me that just looks like and easy way to win ironman (no offense to anyone who is doing that), but I don't really care that much about it, because if you are like myself and want to play ironman the way it's intended to play – nothing changes for you, just play the game as it was (of course, not to sound very hypocrite, but if I'll find myself dry of a chaos whip for 400 elites, I think I will buy it of a shop too).

I mean- you still need to get a custom whip on your iron, it's not like you can just buy a chaos or souls right away.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Re: 20 December Updates: Alch prices, donator store discount, ironman donations and bank slots

Post by Elon musky » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:11 pm

Eagle fe wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:02 pm
Guga69 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:32 pm Good day to all,

As an ironman, I find this update very interesting, at first I disliked it a bit, now my feelings for it are neutral. From my perspective, the custom whip update will take some of the fun away from the game. As of now, a lot of people will just grind one of the whips, then hop on to the main account and grind out the donator credits. For me that just looks like and easy way to win ironman (no offense to anyone who is doing that), but I don't really care that much about it, because if you are like myself and want to play ironman the way it's intended to play – nothing changes for you, just play the game as it was (of course, not to sound very hypocrite, but if I'll find myself dry of a chaos whip for 400 elites, I think I will buy it of a shop too).

I mean- you still need to get a custom whip on your iron, it's not like you can just buy a chaos or souls right away.
My opinion on this is that even if we kept it as is, it should be limited to ingame currency instead of giving Ironmen the option for pay to win.

This would require Ironmen to still play the game mode and sacrifice time and items in order to raise enough money (25b equivalent) in addition to the luck of getting a whip. Instead, a player can just pull out their wallet after getting one whip and receive the best weapon in the game.

But everyone will have their own opinion on this aspect.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:21 am

Xsquire1 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:11 pm after getting one whip
This is the operative part, and I'm not actually against it. The only people who would be against it either:
a. spent a lot of time grinding for their own Chaos Whips and want everyone else to have to
or
b. got lucky on their Chaos Whips and think everyone else should have to get lucky or grind

Guga was right - if you don't like it, play the game your own way. And use it as a fallback if you get to 400 elites without the whip you want. Most people will get a junk whip around 50 elites and trade it for a Chaos/Souls. But conversely, look at someone like Empty Pot, who has opened more elites than he can count to. Designing the game in such a way that he has to spend thousands of hours doing that while someone else might spend just 30, was poor design. Rapsey put it best by saying you were stacking RNG on RNG on RNG. Now it's simply RNG (clues) on RNG (getting a whip). It's not a 20 minute grind though, getting a whip still takes about 50 elites which is still a reasonable number. But it removed the possibility of spending 1000's of hours on it, which I consider good, personally.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:41 am

Alright, so a Chaos whip is wanted by most ironmen because it can be used on the Completionist cape to make it a Completionist cape (Chaos), the best in slot cape for 95% of PkHonor's content.

In theory, this means a Chaos whip is only really useful until you've reached the point of Enchanted Comp cape. By the time you've got to this point, you'll have obtained on average at least 50 elites/masters, meaning you've obtained on average at least 1 custom whip. Now with this new feature you can simply exchange whatever custom you obtained during the Comp cape grind, into a Chaos whip and voila, you are now the most OP player in-game, gz, 0 grind involved to obtain the actual Chaos whip. I just don't like this new design one bit, I don't like that every ironman now will have a Chaos whip/comp.

I wouldn't mind a re-roll functionality that allows you to re-roll your unwanted customs. I would prefer if it was locked behind some set of challenges that you have to do everytime you want to re-roll your custom whip, making it easier to obtain the custom of your choice, but not making it pay-to-win or EzScape either.

Scrap iron
Premium Donator

Post by Scrap iron » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:34 am

Nazuths wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:41 am Alright, so a Chaos whip is wanted by most ironmen because it can be used on the Completionist cape to make it a Completionist cape (Chaos), the best in slot cape for 95% of PkHonor's content.

In theory, this means a Chaos whip is only really useful until you've reached the point of Enchanted Comp cape. By the time you've got to this point, you'll have obtained on average at least 50 elites/masters, meaning you've obtained on average at least 1 custom whip. Now with this new feature you can simply exchange whatever custom you obtained during the Comp cape grind, into a Chaos whip and voila, you are now the most OP player in-game, gz, 0 grind involved to obtain the actual Chaos whip. I just don't like this new design one bit, I don't like that every ironman now will have a Chaos whip/comp.

I wouldn't mind a re-roll functionality that allows you to re-roll your unwanted customs. I would prefer if it was locked behind some set of challenges that you have to do everytime you want to re-roll your custom whip, making it easier to obtain the custom of your choice, but not making it pay-to-win or EzScape either.
True

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:44 am

Nazuths wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:41 am Alright, so a Chaos whip is wanted by most ironmen because it can be used on the Completionist cape to make it a Completionist cape (Chaos), the best in slot cape for 95% of PkHonor's content.

But, if you don't want to, you don't have to. Sure it may seem overpowered at first, but if you do that, you just do it to yourself. Since it's on an ironman, it doesn't affect nobody but yourself. Then again, if the whips were to ever get rebalanced, it wouldn't be so 'overpowered'.

I also would not be opposed to it being a reroll. A 1/8 is a lot more fair then trying to hit a 1/400 plus, essentially, you can use that same whip that you just rerolled again to obtain the desired whip which would deincentivize multiple rolls and the fact of it being pay to win.

Spartan56
Premium Donator

Post by Spartan56 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:17 am

Charging out the ass for bank spaces, something the community has been asking for for years, is a slap in the face. You are taking an update that could be done automatically for everyone and putting an unfathomable price tag on it.

for 2000 bank spaces: 1.500,000 credits - 7.5 trillion GP at current prices, 9600 euros OR 11,745 USD. ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE????

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:17 am

Spartan56 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:17 am Charging out the ass for bank spaces, something the community has been asking for for years, is a slap in the face. You are taking an update that could be done automatically for everyone and putting an unfathomable price tag on it.

for 2000 bank spaces: 1.500,000 credits - 7.5 trillion GP at current prices, 9600 euros OR 11,745 USD. ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE????
Bank space is not something that it very easy to do. As explained multiple times in the past. Not even rs3 allows you to go up to 2000 bank spaces. Granted how they are handling it now is a lot easier to manage and saves more resources then before, if everyone were to just have free bank space it would easily take those resources away again. On the other hand, something like the construction costume room would be a lot fewer resources and would not sacrifice client resources. The costume room is still something I believe they want to add which will be a lot better. As for the price for the slots, I agree it may be a little too high, but once the costume room is added, with that, stash units, and the ability to buy more bank spaces, I doubt even ironman would have an issue with bank spaces.

Spartan56
Premium Donator

Post by Spartan56 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:49 am

Brant wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:17 am
Spartan56 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:17 am Charging out the ass for bank spaces, something the community has been asking for for years, is a slap in the face. You are taking an update that could be done automatically for everyone and putting an unfathomable price tag on it.

Bank space is not something that it very easy to do. As explained multiple times in the past. Not even rs3 allows you to go up to 2000 bank spaces. Granted how they are handling it now is a lot easier to manage and saves more resources then before, if everyone were to just have free bank space it would easily take those resources away again. On the other hand, something like the construction costume room would be a lot fewer resources and would not sacrifice client resources. The costume room is still something I believe they want to add which will be a lot better. As for the price for the slots, I agree it may be a little too high, but once the costume room is added, with that, stash units, and the ability to buy more bank spaces, I doubt even ironman would have an issue with bank spaces.
In that scenario I would rather not see the bank space upgrade and just wait on those POH features. The only thing that makes me feel uneasy about it is the donator credit price tag. If its too hard to do, fine. But if you are going to give honor accounts 2k slots anyway, the image it gives off is just a money grab. It could have been a solid money sink if it was straight cash, but it is obvious the intention behind making it cost credits.