20 December Updates: Alch prices, donator store discount, ironman donations and bank slots

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Stale fish1
Wise One

Re: 20 December Updates: Alch prices, donator store discount, ironman donations and bank slots

Post by Stale fish1 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:17 am

Nazuths wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:44 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:18 pm There has been a lot of community discussion on the topic and the idea of trading in a custom whip (plus an additional cost) in return for another whip ultimately had the most support, that's why we went with it. None of the alternatives had nearly as much support.
In this thread it appears to me that adding it to the droptable of Raids 1 & 2 was more in favour over adding it to a store the way it is implemented now, what was exactly the reason for this choice?

I personally dislike this part of the update so much, it now only takes an average of 50 elite\master caskets to obtain a chaos whip (given you have the funds on your main to pay for the credits). 50 elite\masters for the best item an ironman can possibly obtain, seems so disproportionate.
I am also very interested to hear the reasoning behind this decision

Its flat
Known Venturer

Re: 20 December Updates: Alch prices, donator store discount, ironman donations and bank slots

Post by Its flat » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:58 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:17 am
Nazuths wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:44 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:18 pm There has been a lot of community discussion on the topic and the idea of trading in a custom whip (plus an additional cost) in return for another whip ultimately had the most support, that's why we went with it. None of the alternatives had nearly as much support.
In this thread it appears to me that adding it to the droptable of Raids 1 & 2 was more in favour over adding it to a store the way it is implemented now, what was exactly the reason for this choice?

I personally dislike this part of the update so much, it now only takes an average of 50 elite\master caskets to obtain a chaos whip (given you have the funds on your main to pay for the credits). 50 elite\masters for the best item an ironman can possibly obtain, seems so disproportionate.
I am also very interested to hear the reasoning behind this decision
I agree with Nazuths here. I strongly dislike this part of the update. The best item for ironman (chaos whip) has changed from being 1/400 chance in elites to now 1/50. This is a very big change.

Ironman mode is already at risk of being too easy. This update has taken a major leap in making it even easier.
Last edited by Its flat on Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:17 am

Anyone else notice the dynamic between who posts about updates and the different reactions people get?

Its like, when Mike posts about an update (which will likely benefit the server in the long run), everyone is skeptical of the update, or flat out doesn't like it unless it's new content that people have been asking for. Yet, when Thoby makes an update thread, everyone praises him like he's God. Not shitting on anyone by any means whatsoever, I just think this dynamic is kind of funny, but also absurd.

Either way, great Job Mike. Your efforts are very much appreciated, and they do not go unnoticed.

Its flat
Known Venturer

Post by Its flat » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:26 am

For any ironman wondering what this update means for their account, I have done some calculations on my own bank that might give insight to how this affects ironman accounts in general.

Before this update, my ::wealth was 2724B. But how much cash did I have? To find that out, I would have to sell all of my items to the junk store. Doing this would have given me approximately 861B.

How has this changed after the update? Well, my wealth is still 2724B, but what about my cash? Now, if I sell all of my items to the junk store, I would get approximately 265B. What about high alch? 442B. My liquid cash is now approximately halved.

But another problem is that not all items are practical to high alch. Take for example pure essence. Before the update, my 3255K pure essence was worth 8.1B if sold instantly to the junk store. Now it is worth 4.1B if high alched. Of course, high alching these is practically impossible. So in reality, they are now only worth 2.4B, the junk store price. This is a 60% decrease in cash for this item.

Another example is my 66k gold ore that I was intending to liquidate for 3.1B, is now worth only 1.0B. I was relying on having this cash.

I'm personally not very happy with this part of the update. I just hope that despite the negative impact on some individuals, that this update benefits the Pkhonor community as a whole.

Bug report:
Items which are unable to be sold to the junk store or alched also appear in the price checker (such as nex sets). This should be fixed to avoid frustrating new players.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:46 am

This update needed to happen for a long time. Alch prices and ::prices should not be related. However, most of the alch prices were fine where they were. It seems like most people agree that this major nerf to some item alch prices is not good.

New players and players who have their ::wealth in items have been set at a major disadvantage.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:58 am

One money making method for new players and irons is now scuffed, crystal bows and shields now high alch for 37M ea compared to 90M ea previously. Please put it back.

Also if kinglys weren’t already hardly profitable for the time / clicks it takes now the royal set high alchs for 25M a piece rather than 60M previously.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:13 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:58 am One money making method for new players and irons is now scuffed, crystal bows and shields now high alch for 37M ea compared to 90M ea previously. Please put it back.

Also if kinglys weren’t already hardly profitable for the time / clicks it takes now the royal set high alchs for 25M a piece rather than 60M previously.
Yep, these activities were baseline for what money making in our economy was. Now they are both junk. There was nothing wrong with those alch prices, so why change them. Sure change the ::prices to represent the alch price, but dont nerf the actual alch price.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:25 am

Iron adam wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:13 am
Will be ok2 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:58 am One money making method for new players and irons is now scuffed, crystal bows and shields now high alch for 37M ea compared to 90M ea previously. Please put it back.

Yep, these activities were baseline for what money making in our economy was. Now they are both junk. There was nothing wrong with those alch prices, so why change them. Sure change the ::prices to represent the alch price, but dont nerf the actual alch price.

I think we should also look into a lot of other items that are similar, e.g the dagon hai robes, enchanted robes, studded (g) and (t) leather pieces.

Big nerf to a lot of already struggling methods imo..

Guga69
Premium Donator

Post by Guga69 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:32 pm

Good day to all,

As an ironman, I find this update very interesting, at first I disliked it a bit, now my feelings for it are neutral. From my perspective, the custom whip update will take some of the fun away from the game. As of now, a lot of people will just grind one of the whips, then hop on to the main account and grind out the donator credits. For me that just looks like and easy way to win ironman (no offense to anyone who is doing that), but I don't really care that much about it, because if you are like myself and want to play ironman the way it's intended to play – nothing changes for you, just play the game as it was (of course, not to sound very hypocrite, but if I'll find myself dry of a chaos whip for 400 elites, I think I will buy it of a shop too).

Now for the alching update. This one I dislike a bit more, but there is still time to improve this. I agree, that for the economy this update was needed, I don't really play with a regular account, but as I heard g.e was kind of dead. As for an ironman a lot of arguments were posted before and I think that the best solution is to look at items as needed for players and not needed. For example, as people are writing royal set and crystal bow/shield are purely alchabales that people grind for money (except for the quest after which you still alch or sell these items) or most of the clue items like addy/rune H sets, trimmed sets, gold sets etc., all of these are cosmetics that people don't use and don't buy, so they are mostly alched. My point is that these "not needed" items for players should have alch price as before, so people could alch them and make money for donator/premium status, for quests, capes, gear, even for those custom whips and etc. This would make the really tradable and needed items to go back to g.e and not make too hard of a deal for new players and for ironman to make money.

Let me know what you think

Ahmed elrahi
Donator

Post by Ahmed elrahi » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:10 pm

RIP pkhonor 2020.

Damn covid claimed another victim 😔🙏🏼