18 November Updates: Bank & Grand Exchange improvements

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Thoby
Developer

18 November Updates: Bank & Grand Exchange improvements

Post by Thoby » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:13 pm

Image Bank Update

Welcome to today's update, in which we have spend some time improving the most used interface of them all: the bank interface!
There were several things 'outdated' with the interface which could be improved upon, and so we did.
So, sit back, relax, and see how your banking experience will change from today!

The bank interface now scales to the player's screen size. This makes it so you are now able to see way more items on the screen at a single time.
This is noticeable on resizable mode, and will help the player navigate their bank more easily.

We traded in the RS3 look, and decided to style the bank more like OSRS.
Since more and more new players come from OSRS, they are now greeted by a more familiar looking bank.
The icons at the bottom are being kept, since we still need their functionality.
Aside from that, this is one more step in the direction of creating a look and feel that more closely resembles OSRS!

It's now possible to access the Grand Exchange directly from the bank interface!
You can now directly open the GE interface by clicking the button in the upper-right corner, next to the last bank tab.
This makes it so you can quickly switch between your bank and the Grand Exchange, which hopefully serves as a wonderful Quality of Life integration.
This can only be done by players that are able to trade (sorry Honors and ironmen), and cannot be done at deposit boxes.
Read more about Grand Exchange improvements below!

Grand Exchange improvements
Alongside the Grand Exchange button in the bank, we have also spent some time to generally improve the Grand Exchange interface.
The Grand Exchange interface was, just like the bank interface, quite outdated and sometimes looked quirky.
This has been improved, and the interface now looks more like its OSRS counterpart.
Mike also increased the amount of Grand Exchange slots to 8. Non-donators can use 4 slots, donators 6 and premium members 8.

As you can see, you can now navigate directly to your bank using the button in the upper right corner.
Also, there are now two buttons in the upper left corner; the 'Show buy offers' and 'Show sell offers' buttons.
These can be used to open up the buy and sell offers overview, without leaving the interface.

Searching for an item to buy has also become more user friendly and more like OSRS.

Hopefully these changes will improve the Grand Exchange's general use!

Furthermore...
  • A bug has been fixed that prevented players from being able to shoot projectiles over certain objects or floor tiles, such as lava.
  • When searching the bank, pressing the escape button will now stop you from searching.
  • The Butler in your POH now has an 'Access-exchange' right click option.
  • The bird's nests obtained from the Crystal chest have been fixed, they were the wrong item ID. All unusable bird's nests will be swapped for the correct items.
  • An agility shortcut in the Revenant caves has been fixed, you will now always properly walk toward it when you click on it from a distance.
  • A bug has been fixed where lighting a fire (by using a tinderbox on logs) would no longer spawn an actual fire.
  • Money tickets (100M, 500M and 1B) will now always use the correct ID, fixing an issue with the quest payment of 8B.
  • Discord messages will now also be shown for the skilling casket rewards (Black pickaxe, Musketeer hat and Fishbowl and net).
  • Ultimate ironmen now no longer need to have a KC book to use the 'Log' option on Slayer items (when they have the perk unlocked). This is to make the perk more useful for UIM.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Mike10522
Novice

Re: 18 November Updates: Bank & Grand Exchange improvements

Post by Mike10522 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:20 pm

has banking for nex gear been changed? It's annoying how it takes up an entire new slot every time it degrades a point. it's hard to keep it in a spot. I saw someone suggest using charges instead of degrading.

Its flat
Known Venturer

Post by Its flat » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:26 pm

This is an amazing update! I've always found the grand exchange not user friendly, but this now looks perfect!

I've also slowly gotten used to Pkhonor-style bank, but I welcome the fresh look!

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:27 pm

Lookin clean great job boys! :afro: :afro: :afro:

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:36 pm

Mike10522 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:20 pm has banking for nex gear been changed? It's annoying how it takes up an entire new slot every time it degrades a point. it's hard to keep it in a spot. I saw someone suggest using charges instead of degrading.
Not yet, but it's an idea that we're certainly willing to consider.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:36 pm

remember when i asked for different bank layout? @Thoby <3<3<3<3

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:38 pm

Big hype! Good work men!

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:41 pm

Awesome work, also Hi monys

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:49 pm

Good update, I love the G.E to Butler update.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:11 pm

Hate to have to be like this but ge-history loc