Zulrah - Community bossing event | Scamming & player-made deals

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Zulrah - Community bossing event | Scamming & player-made deals

Post by Rapsey » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Welcome back to the latest community bossing event. This week we’ll be hunting Zulrah. As usual all players will be able to use the ::event command to teleport directly to the boss. Throughout the event, drop rates will be boosted by +20% with double the chance of receiving a pet.

If you are unfamiliar with community events or how they work, please refer to our Zamorak GWD event announcement post.

Unlike previous community bossing event we have decided to shorten it to a 3 day event over the weekend. In addition regular accounts will compete for a spot in the top 5 instead of a top 10. This doesn't mean all future community events will be like this though, we're just trying it out to see how it goes.

Please also keep in mind that in most countries, daylight saving time will end during the weekend before this event. Although the timers below should take this into account it does mean that the event will start and end an hour sooner than events did during summer.

Starts in:

Ends in:

Community goal: 15,000 kills

Personal goal: 37,500 damage

Rewards for completing the personal goal (only if the community goal is reached)
Spoiler: show
  • 1 Ahrim's set
  • 150M GP
  • 50 Zulrah teleports
  • 25,000 Astral runes
  • 1,000 Slayer Points
  • 2 Hard Caskets

Top 5 competition for regular accounts

The top 5 regular accounts who have done the most damage to Zulrah will earn an additional reward.
Spoiler: show
  1. 15,000 Zulrah scales, 3,500 Slayer points, 5x Ahrim's set, 3,000 gold leaves, 3,000 mahogany planks, 1x advanced mystery box
  2. 12,500 Zulrah scales, 2,500 Slayer points, 4x Ahrim's set, 2,000 gold leaves, 2,000 mahogany planks, 2x mystery box
  3. 10,000 Zulrah scales, 1,500 Slayer points, 3x Ahrim's set, 1,500 gold leaves, 1,500 mahogany plank, 1x mystery box
  4. 7,500 Zulrah scales, 1,500 Slayer points, 2x Ahrim's set, 1,250 gold leaves, 1,250 mahogany planks, 1x mystery box
  5. 5,000 Zulrah scales, 1,500 Slayer points, 1x Ahrim's set, 1,000 gold leaves, 1,000 mahogany planks

A big thank you to Monys, Adam and Nazuths for their help in preparing this event.

Scamming & player-made deals

In light of recent events we have decided to revise our policy on player-made deals and scamming within the context of those. Just like before player-made deals are entirely at your own risk but we now provide the option of getting staff protection for your agreement. This is done by posting the agreement in the new player-made deals subforum using one of the predefined formats. We urge everyone to read this carefully before making such an agreement as there are limits to how far the protection goes. Eveything is explained in that topic so I will not repeat it here. Our rule against scamming has also been updated to reflect this new policy.

Please know that this new system is in a kind of try-out phase. We're really going out of our way to try to help our players by policing these agreements. If it turns out to be too much trouble or people try to abuse the system we will probably go back to the old system under which all player-made deals are entirely at your own risk and there is no way to get refunded if anything goes wrong.

Monys
Forum Addict

Re: Zulrah - Community bossing event | Scamming & player-made deals

Post by Monys » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:57 pm

Great looking event! Super excited for it!

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

E l y
Premium Donator

Post by E l y » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:58 pm

What's the reasoning behind shortening it to only the weekend?

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:07 am

E l y wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:58 pm What's the reasoning behind shortening it to only the weekend?
The week long events feel too grindy sometimes and it felt like a nice change of pace

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Akuizm
Premium Donator

Post by Akuizm » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:10 am

Can we have a leaderboard for ironmen? Even if there are no special rewards, I'd still like to see where I stack amongst the best irons.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:05 am

Akuizm wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:10 am Can we have a leaderboard for ironmen? Even if there are no special rewards, I'd still like to see where I stack amongst the best irons.
I'm pretty sure the ironman leaderboard will only be accessible when there is an ironman top X competition as well, sorry. I might publish it after the event is over.

Not so good
Novice

Post by Not so good » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:44 am

So is the scammed initiate set being refunded?

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:52 am

Not so good wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:44 am So is the scammed initiate set being refunded?

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:54 am

a zulrah event for 3 days?? im actually so keen to do some zulrah finally. i love @Adam @Monys @Nazuths
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:42 am

It's something I guess
#Justice4Church