22 August Updates: Rune & Adamant dragons!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Thoby
Developer

22 August Updates: Rune & Adamant dragons!

Post by Thoby » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:17 pm

Image Rune & Adamant Dragons!

Welcome to the latest update: Rune and Adamant dragons! These two new creatures can be fought in the Lithkren Vault (Monster teleport β†’ Lithkren Vault), they fill the eastern room (Rune) and western room (Adamant). Both dragons have the same mechanics as on OSRS. They are very similar to the Mithril dragons, but they do have special attacks.

Requirements
To enter the two chambers, you need a certain amount of experience in combat stats (Attack, Defence, Strength, Hitpoints, Range, Magic and Prayer). The requirements are based on the total combined experience in these skills, so even Pure accounts can enter if they have gathered enough experience (for example 400M attack XP, 400M strength XP and 200M ranged XP for the room that requires 1B combat experience).

To enter the Adamant dragon chamber you must have at least 500M total combat experience.
To enter the Rune dragon chamber you must have at least 1B total combat experience.

Rune Dragons
The Rune Dragons are the stronger of the two, dropping a surplus of Runite bars upon death. They have two special attacks:

Electric attack
Two small electric bolts will be launched around the player's position. These two bolts will home in to the player and deal 4-7 damage per tick for a few seconds. If the player is wearing Insulated boots, this damage will be reduced to 1-2 per tick. This attack can be entirely avoided by running several tiles away from your original position.

Life Leech
The Rune dragon will shoot a ranged attack that can hit through the Protect from Missiles prayers. The dragon will heal itself for 100% of the damage dealt to the player, similar to the Onyx bolts (e) special attack.

Adamant Dragons
The Adamant Dragons are the weaker of the two, but are still very strong creatures. These drop a variety of Adamantite bars and equipment upon death. They have two special attacks:

Poison Projectile
The dragon will launch a poison attack towards the player's position. When this attack hits the floor, it will split into two more projectiles around the original position in a 5x5 area. These projectiles can hit for 14-25 damage, but can be reduced to 4-8 if you are under the effect of poison protection. This attack can be avoided entirely by moving three squares away from your original position.

Blood Forfeit
The dragon will shoot a ranged attack that can hit through the Protect from Missiles prayers. The dragon will sacrifice 10% of its current hitpoints to deal damage equal to 20% of the player's current hitpoints, similar to the Ruby bolts (e) special attack.

Rewards & Loot
These two new dragons come with a variety of new items and rewards. Asides from the stable amount of Smithing supplies, these contain:

ImageImage Dragon Limbs
Dropped by both dragons. These limbs can be fletched into the Dragon crossbow, an amazing ranged weapon that requires level 64 Ranged to wield that can fire up to and including dragon bolts. It has a whopping +94 ranged attack bonus, ranked just slightly under the Armadyl crossbow.

ImageImageImage Ruined dragon pieces
A few familiar items: Dropped solely by the Rune dragons, the Ruined dragon pieces can be used to assemble a Dragon platebody.

Image Dragon kiteshield
Dropped solely by the Adamant dragons, the Dragon kiteshield is a new shield that requires level 60 defence to wield. It has decent defensive stats.

ImageImage Dragon kiteshield ornament kit
A very rare drop from the Adamant dragons, the Dragon kiteshield ornament kit can be used to enhance the look of the Dragon kiteshield. This is purely cosmetic and will not impact the equipment bonuses.

Furthermore...
  • The Shayzien equipment can now be turned into a set at the Item set exchange clerk in Varrock. Hopefully this will save some much-needed bank space.
  • Amulet of glory (4) has been removed from the magic store.
  • Cosmic runes have been added to the magic store.
  • Whenever you poison or venom a player or NPC, the hitsplats will now be shown in bright green instead of dark green. Poison inflicted on a player or NPC by someone else will still show as dark green hitsplats.
  • Added the shaking camera effect inside the ToB Pestilent Bloat room.
  • Some item requirements were corrected, like the Ghrazi rapier, Zenyte jewelry and Ferocious gloves.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Monys
Forum Addict

Re: 22 August Updates: Rune & Adamant dragons!

Post by Monys » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:36 pm

Great work Devs. I love you all so much

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Iron blix
Premium Donator

Post by Iron blix » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:42 pm

Shayzien sets. I just shed a tear of joy. You boys deserve a πŸͺ

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:47 pm

Great work guys! I love the requirements you guys added to both Dragons!

I see it doesn't mention the special attack of the Dragon Crossbow, does that mean there is none or is the special attack the same as on OSRS?

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:26 pm

I wonder who suggested the shazian armor sets ;)

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:27 pm

I'm curious to the reasoning for the combat exp total restriction, mind telling us what you guys were considering when you did that?

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:47 pm

Church wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:27 pm I'm curious to the reasoning for the combat exp total restriction, mind telling us what you guys were considering when you did that?
Because on OSRS they are locked behind a very challenging quest with many requirements! We wanted to have some kind of restriction to allow access to these dragons!

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:00 pm

Monys wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:47 pm
Church wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:27 pm I'm curious to the reasoning for the combat exp total restriction, mind telling us what you guys were considering when you did that?
Because on OSRS they are locked behind a very challenging quest with many requirements! We wanted to have some kind of restriction to allow access to these dragons!
I agree! The restriction was a good implementation! Good job devs!
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:18 pm

Monys wrote: ↑Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:47 pm
This! Perfectly said.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:31 pm

Hmm expected this to come with a fix for bolt special effects. Did you look into those? Been a couple months since I asked though, I'll test them again and make a bug report otherwise.
#Justice4Church