30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
User avatar
Mike
Programmer
Posts: 5844
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: PkHonor HQ

30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm

Since the outcome of this poll already seems quite clear, Ultimate Ironman Mode players will be able to participate in all bonus XP events as of now. This includes the 50% bonus XP weekend that starts tomorrow. Just like for all other game modes, no skills are excluded from the bonus XP event.

There are also a couple of bugfixes included in this update:
  • A bug has been fixed where collection log entries would appear as nulled or as a different item (and with completely wrong amounts) as soon as you obtained 255 or more of a certain item.
  • Ironman Mode players now have the contents of their own hard, elite and master clue caskets added to the collection log (the collection log of non-ironman mode players has not been affected by this). These logs have not yet been prefilled with items obtained in the past, however. We will try to do so in the near future.
  • Ancient ceremonial robes items have been removed from Nex's collection log, since Nex does not actually drop those items.
  • The collection log entries for the dragon platebody pieces from implings have been fixed.
  • You can now attack the respiratory system at the Abyssal Sire again. Pathfinding toward the sleeping Sire has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward him.
  • You can now craft body, mind and cosmic runes at the appropriate rifts in the abyss. The maps where these three altars stood are completely bugged (or may have been moved elsewhere by Jagex), so removing the teleport to the altars and allowing players to craft runes at the rifts in the Abyss instead seemed like the most appropriate solution for now.
  • You can no longer attack Verzik Vitur from behind a pillar. Pathfinding toward Verzik Vitur on the throne has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward her.
  • Pathfinding toward Pest Control portals has been improved.
  • Pest Control NPC's can now attack the void knight again.
  • TzTok-Jad's animations have been fixed.

User avatar
Ain
Premium Donator
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:56 am

Re: 30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Ain » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 pm

Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm
You can now attack the respiratory system at the Abyssal Sire again. Pathfinding toward the sleeping Sire has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward him.
Has Sire been fixed so that it spawns consistently?

Good bug fixes :)

User avatar
Patel
Advisor
Posts: 7273
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 am
Location: Yo Place
Contact:

Re: 30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Patel » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:47 pm

:thumbsup:

Always happy to see posts by Mike.

Image

User avatar
Monys
Honor Player
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:08 am
Location: Upper Earth
Contact:

Re: 30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Monys » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:48 pm

Patel wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:47 pm
:thumbsup:

Always happy to see posts by Mike.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Always happy to see posts by Mike and Patel.
Image

User avatar
Mike
Programmer
Posts: 5844
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: PkHonor HQ

Re: 30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Ain wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 pm
Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm
You can now attack the respiratory system at the Abyssal Sire again. Pathfinding toward the sleeping Sire has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward him.
Has Sire been fixed so that it spawns consistently?

Good bug fixes :)
That's something that we haven't managed to fix, since it's nigh impossible for us to reproduce the bug so far.

User avatar
Thierryu1
Honor Player
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: the Netherlands

Re: 30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm
[*] You can no longer attack Verzik Vitur from behind a pillar. Pathfinding toward Verzik Vitur on the throne has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward her.
This seems like the same bug the PC portals have ( Are these fixed as well?)

User avatar
Thearlygamer
Premium Donator
Posts: 1441
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:56 am

Re: 30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Legendary, thank you @Mike
Image

User avatar
Mike
Programmer
Posts: 5844
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: PkHonor HQ

Re: 30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 pm

Thierryu1 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pm
Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm
[*] You can no longer attack Verzik Vitur from behind a pillar. Pathfinding toward Verzik Vitur on the throne has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward her.
This seems like the same bug the PC portals have ( Are these fixed as well?)
Weird, I know there was a problem with their pathing on the test server, but I thought that were fixed.

Either way, it's possible that the bugfix for Verzik Vitur and the Abyssal Sire also fixed the PC portals, but I can't be sure. Can someone test to confirm that the PC portals are fine now?

User avatar
Thierryu1
Honor Player
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: the Netherlands

Re: 30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Thierryu1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:08 am

Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 pm
Thierryu1 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pm
Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm
[*] You can no longer attack Verzik Vitur from behind a pillar. Pathfinding toward Verzik Vitur on the throne has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward her.
This seems like the same bug the PC portals have ( Are these fixed as well?)
Weird, I know there was a problem with their pathing on the test server, but I thought that were fixed.

Either way, it's possible that the bugfix for Verzik Vitur and the Abyssal Sire also fixed the PC portals, but I can't be sure. Can someone test to confirm that the PC portals are fine now?
Tested it with @Nazuths and it works fine now!

Pvm porn
Moderator
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:50 am

Re: 30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Pvm porn » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:24 am

Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pm
That's something that we haven't managed to fix, since it's nigh impossible for us to reproduce the bug so far.
Last time (the only time) this happened to me I was having trouble finding the path to sire so I ran around in the area outside the sire lair (map coordinates 3040,4780. I can't get in rn because no task). Like run around in that area (or just afk because dev life) before the path for about 10 minutes, the sire should stop spawning after the first kill. At least last time that's what I think caused it for me.

After testing with Thierryu1 just now, waiting 10 minutes caused it to not even spawn the first time. So possibly waiting some amount of time less than that will give a limited number of spawns.
Image

Post Reply