20 June Updates: Zulrah improvements

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Thoby
Developer

20 June Updates: Zulrah improvements

Post by Thoby » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Image Zulrah Improvements Image

Lately we have been getting some feedback on Zulrah's lackluster droptable. In many cases players even reported that they would lose wealth because of supplies. Zulrah was given a mediocre droptable because it's a safe boss (meaning you don't lose your items upon death). However, in today's update we have revisited Zulrah to give it some additional attention!

Auto-attacking
Since the update on the 2nd of May 2019, a player will now continue to attack Zulrah after it submerges. This is deemed helpful for many players, but we have heard complaints about players preferring the original mechanic- of not automatically targeting Zulrah (to provide time to properly position yourself, without getting pulled away). That's why you are now able to toggle this setting at Priestess Zul-Gwenwynig (the Npc that boards you to Zulrah's shrine, in Zul-Andra), enabling or disabling this mechanic for Zulrah specifically.

Pathing
The pathing around Zulrah's shrine was quite buggy, where players would not path around the pillars in their way.
This update fixes this, and makes it so pathing for several bosses has been improved.
Hopefully this will be a noticeable difference!

Droptable
Since Zulrah remains a safe boss, we do not want it to follow OSRS and blatantly make it one of the best sources of gold in the game.
We have generally improved the droptable slightly, but we want to focus on improving the droptable with some new custom unique drops!

Image Serpentine jar & Magma jar
Two fairly rare new jars have been added to Zulrah's droptable. Instead of their mutagen counterpart, they are used to upgrade the Toxic blowpipe. Upgrading a Toxic blowpipe will require an additional 17,000 Zulrah's scales. These jars are both tradeable.

Image Serpentine blowpipe & Magma blowpipe
Using any of the two jars on a Toxic blowpipe will change it visually. Additionally, these upgraded blowpipes offer a 10% chance of not consuming ammo when fired, and a +2 ranged attack bonus over their regular counterparts. This makes it a very interesting upgrade for those who often use a blowpipe.

The two upgraded blowpipes are identical in effect and bonus, and only differ visually (so it's up to preference). They are tradeable when uncharged.

Image Flax
Since the community yearns for some Flax, we have made sure that Zulrah now also drops Flax!
So ehm... yeah... Flax!

Image Clue scrolls
As pointed out by the community, Zulrah rarely drops clue scrolls.
This has been fixed, and it now is 8 times more likely to drop a clue scroll on death.
This was because usually bosses have an improved clue scroll rate, which was missing for Zulrah.

Furthermore...
  • The YouTuber rank has been fixed. The rank seemed to collide with the Ironman rank, making our first YouTuber - Iron Prod2 - unable to wield the rank.
  • When zooming into your character, you will now target the head instead of the feet.
  • The Clan chat icons in your chat box will now have a dark outline. This will make them more visible.
  • The spellbook has slightly been resized, to primarily be on the top side of the spell book.
  • With the 'Show text above ground items' option enabled, the items in the distance are now more see-through then the ones near the player. This will make it easier to orient yourself on where the items are.
  • It's now possible to enable Runelite's mouse tooltips. This is currently purely cosmetic, but will contain more additional information in the future.

And that's all for today! I hope you enjoy today's update and have a wonderful day. 'Till next time!
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: 20 June Updates: Zulrah improvements

Post by Rapsey » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Thoby wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:26 pm
  • When zooming into your character, you will now target the head instead of the feet.
Your feet must be in a different location than mine then. :lol:

Great updates!

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:55 pm

Thoby wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:26 pm [*] When zooming into your character, you will now target the head instead of the crotch.
Never thought I'd see the day

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:26 pm

I love this game

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Shouldn't you stop attacking after he submerges? Not before? With how it is at the moment, you are losing a hit almost every time, because you stop hitting before it starts submerging.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:01 pm

Stellar job! I never felt like zulrah droptable needed a buff except clue increase but I ain't complaining! Something more to hunt after!

Iron bubble
Premium Donator

Post by Iron bubble » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:58 pm

Not complaining but I really was waiting for the spellbook to be fixed to the OSRS version, RIP MUSCLE MEMORY until the next update I suppose :/

Hotfix maybe? :doge:
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Iron bubble wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:58 pm Not complaining but I really was waiting for the spellbook to be fixed to the OSRS version, RIP MUSCLE MEMORY until the next update I suppose :/

Well, some people like it better like this; since they're used to the layout with the Filter button.

https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Anci ... spells.png
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Thoby wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:00 pm
Iron bubble wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:58 pm Not complaining but I really was waiting for the spellbook to be fixed to the OSRS version, RIP MUSCLE MEMORY until the next update I suppose :/

Well, some people like it better like this; since they're used to the layout with the Filter button.

Yet another one for togglescape?

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:54 pm

Mike wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:46 pm
Thoby wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Yet another one for togglescape?
ToggleScape for the win :afro: