Lately we have been getting some feedback on Zulrah's lackluster droptable. In many cases players even reported that they would lose wealth because of supplies. Zulrah was given a mediocre droptable because it's a safe boss (meaning you don't lose your items upon death). However, in today's update we have revisited Zulrah to give it some additional attention!
Since the update on the 2nd of May 2019, a player will now continue to attack Zulrah after it submerges. This is deemed helpful for many players, but we have heard complaints about players preferring the original mechanic- of not automatically targeting Zulrah (to provide time to properly position yourself, without getting pulled away). That's why you are now able to toggle this setting at Priestess Zul-Gwenwynig (the Npc that boards you to Zulrah's shrine, in Zul-Andra), enabling or disabling this mechanic for Zulrah specifically.
The pathing around Zulrah's shrine was quite buggy, where players would not path around the pillars in their way.
This update fixes this, and makes it so pathing for several bosses has been improved.
Hopefully this will be a noticeable difference!
Since Zulrah remains a safe boss, we do not want it to follow OSRS and blatantly make it one of the best sources of gold in the game.
We have generally improved the droptable slightly, but we want to focus on improving the droptable with some new custom unique drops!
Serpentine jar & Magma jar
Two fairly rare new jars have been added to Zulrah's droptable. Instead of their mutagen counterpart, they are used to upgrade the Toxic blowpipe. Upgrading a Toxic blowpipe will require an additional 17,000 Zulrah's scales. These jars are both tradeable.
Serpentine blowpipe & Magma blowpipe
Using any of the two jars on a Toxic blowpipe will change it visually. Additionally, these upgraded blowpipes offer a 10% chance of not consuming ammo when fired, and a +2 ranged attack bonus over their regular counterparts. This makes it a very interesting upgrade for those who often use a blowpipe.
The two upgraded blowpipes are identical in effect and bonus, and only differ visually (so it's up to preference). They are tradeable when uncharged.
Since the community yearns for some Flax, we have made sure that Zulrah now also drops Flax!
So ehm... yeah... Flax!
As pointed out by the community, Zulrah rarely drops clue scrolls.
This has been fixed, and it now is 8 times more likely to drop a clue scroll on death.
This was because usually bosses have an improved clue scroll rate, which was missing for Zulrah.
- The YouTuber rank has been fixed. The rank seemed to collide with the Ironman rank, making our first YouTuber - Iron Prod2 - unable to wield the rank.
- When zooming into your character, you will now target the head instead of the feet.
- The Clan chat icons in your chat box will now have a dark outline. This will make them more visible.
- The spellbook has slightly been resized, to primarily be on the top side of the spell book.
- With the 'Show text above ground items' option enabled, the items in the distance are now more see-through then the ones near the player. This will make it easier to orient yourself on where the items are.
- It's now possible to enable Runelite's mouse tooltips. This is currently purely cosmetic, but will contain more additional information in the future.
And that's all for today! I hope you enjoy today's update and have a wonderful day. 'Till next time!