Alchemical Hydra released on the testserver!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Re: Alchemical Hydra released on the testserver!

Post by Mike » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:57 pm

Kenneth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:50 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:12 pm If aggro timing and rage is not correct, is it possible to tell me what should be correct instead? Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX0m5i9Mjt8&t=617s
This video shows at the 7:47-7:57 mark that the hydra walks through the geyser instead of around it. There is also alot of stall in between the time it spawns and the time it aggros the player, at least 8 seconds after spawning.
Thanks a lot for the clarification, I've altered the pathfinding of bigger NPCs on the testserver so the Hydra now walks onto the geyser when you stand in the same spot as in the clip. I hope this will not break any of the pathfinding for other NPCs - in fact, I'm hoping this will improve it for other NPCs as well.

I have also fixed its aggro, so it will immediately target the player as it respawns. The respawn timer has been changed to match that of OSRS as well.

As for the poison, I wasn't sure if the poison could be prevented if you use an anti-poison potion or serpentine helmet. I've now changed it so that if you are immune to poison, you will not be poisoned, bou'll still take damage if you're next to (or on) a splat when it hits the floor or when you walk on top of it.

Kenneth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:14 pm Image

This is an instance of the Final "2 headed enraged phase" not working, the "3 headed red phase" also didn't use its special attack during this kill (move to the center of the room and shoot the flame walls) as you can see the final "enraged" phase is still on top of the last geyser.

Could it be that Im doing damage to fast causing it to skip a phase and break the kill?

Edit: Anti Poison potions appear to not work aswell

I'm still not sure about skipping the red phase. It should move to the middle of the room and start its special attack after performing 3 regular attacks, but of course, if you manage to deal enough damage to bring it down to 25% hitpoints, it won't have the time to perform the special at all. Maybe that was the case here?

Kenneth
Honor Player

Re: Alchemical Hydra released on the testserver!

Post by Kenneth » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:41 am

Mike wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:57 pm I'm still not sure about skipping the red phase. It should move to the middle of the room and start its special attack after performing 3 regular attacks, but of course, if you manage to deal enough damage to bring it down to 25% hitpoints, it won't have the time to perform the special at all. Maybe that was the case here?
I did a few more kills today and I believe that is the case. Everything seems to work perfectly.
Great work, cant wait for the release :D