A lot of thanks to Thoby for laying the groundwork and implementing the first two rooms, along with everyone who participated in our bughunter contest to get rid of as many bugs as possible before the release.
I'm not going to delve too deep into the specifics of the Theatre itself, as we have done our best to make it as much like the OSRS ToB as possible. It's a very challenging task to complete this raid, even for the most experienced players with the best of gear. I highly recommend the strategy guide on the OSRS wiki along with the dozens of guides you can find on Youtube on how to beat the Theatre.
What I do want to highlight are the differences between the OSRS ToB and ours:
- Hardcore Ironman Mode players will not lose their status when dying in the Theatre, it is therefore a safe activity.
- You will never lose your items when dying in ToB. However, if your entire team dies, you will need to pay a penalty of 10M coins to play again. You can deposit up to 2B coins in the chest near the entrance to pay your fees in advance (you can also withdraw these coins at any time).
- The hitpoints of ToB NPCs are 62.5% of the normal amount for two man teams and 50% when going solo.
- When fighting Sotetseg solo (or if you are alone because the rest of your team died), the damage of the big red ball is 35 instead of 70.
- Avernic defender hilt, which can be attached to the dragon defender to create the avernic defender
- Scythe of Vitur, which can hit large monsters up to three times (the second hit has 50% of your max hit, the third hit has 25% of your max hit) or hit up to three targets in an arc in front of you, similar to the dragon halberd. It can be charged with blood vials and blood runes for increased stats
- Sanguinesti staff, which is basically a trident of the swamp but with a slightly higher max hit and a chance to heal yourself each hit. It is charged using blood runes and cannot be used in PvP
- Ghrazi rapier, which has slightly lower stats than the chaotic rapier but does not degrade
- Justiciar faceguard, chestguard and legguard, if you wear all three you get a damage reduction based on your defence bonus
- And of course, Lil'zik, the pet version of the final boss, Verzik Vitur
lastly, enjoy some screenshots taken directly from the game: