My 10 years anniversary

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Fungamer
Developer

Re: My 10 years anniversary

Post by Fungamer » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:16 am

Respire1337 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:03 pm. I was for sure that you were way older than 30's, somewhere alongside your 40-50's even.

We all know rapsey is the baby boomer. Mike is his brilliant offspring.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:18 am

I live for your inspirational posts. Your resolve has never failed PkHonor and I'm confident it will carry us forward now :-)

Thanks for the trip down memory lane too

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:07 am

What you've built here is truly astonishing. I've been a part of this game since Jan 2011 (ish), and the fact that I can log into an account that I created at that time, that has never undergone changes such as an eco reset or server reset, is amazing.

Truthfully I've played tens of different servers long term but most don't last very long before major changes force some sort of resets and this is the only one that has stuck through the shit of it and not reset anything. Almost 9 years later. Astonishing.

That being said, we may not have seen eye to eye much when I first started playing and my vocal shithead teenage years, but I actually admire how you've ran the server, burn outs and all especially since its only been relatively recently that you've had this much help in development.

Kudos to you my man. @Mike

Its flat
Known Venturer

Post by Its flat » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:32 am

Thank you for posting this, it was very enjoyable to read. I'm relatively new to the server, but I want to thank you for your help in creating and maintaining such an incredible server for us all to play. I'm certainly one of those players that intend to stick around.

Iron blazin
Premium Donator

Post by Iron blazin » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:56 am

this is what we needed, some hope.
i've been complaining myself alot too, i'm sorry for that.
i hope this game can return to it's Original peak, thank you for these words.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:22 am

First and foremost: an amazing post. It's unique to actually hear about your personal experience running this wonderful server, and I'm glad you shared it.

I really want to thank you for the opportunity we have been given, as developers. It's insane to think that I've been granted the chance to first-handedly work on the game I have loved for so many years. You've been a great mentor when it comes down to development work. Sure, you can be a bit distant when working on complicated stuff yourself. But at the end of the day you always get back to us, and help us become better developers.

I started back in 2011, which is about 8 years ago now. I intend to stay a while longer. Thank you, Mike.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Thank you so much for running this server for the past 10 years. Recently just marked my 8 years of starting on this server, don't know where else I would have spend my time, but I'm glad it was here.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Eyulf
Premium Donator

Post by Eyulf » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:30 pm

Hell yea man! Y'all have been awesome over the year and keep up the great work!

Joepie
Honor Player

Post by Joepie » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:48 pm

Mike, it is a joyful sight to see a developer be so dedicated to it's project.
I can only imagine how difficult it must be to code with such passion and then having to deal with the whole advertising business.
Keep at it! Your dedication is inspiring.

Seen it
Donator

Post by Seen it » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:06 pm

Congratulations on 10 years, Mike.

It’s actually pretty insane how far pkhonor has come. I myself don’t really play anymore, but I always stop in to see what’s going on. I remember before the eco reset to what we know now, younger me would would be excited to get home from school and camp mage bank with the boys (back then, it was the hot spot for pking on pkhonor, back when dragon whips/bandos gloves and what not were a thing).

Then on Pkhonor 3? Is What we consider pkhonor today version 3? anyway, when edge was packed! This was when chaotics were still tradeable from person to person (without the trading booth perk or whatever it is, I forget).

Then when ironman mode first released. That hype train was one of the most fun moments I’ve ever had in the RS/RSPS scene.

Thank you for your time and dedication!

I may pop in soon and start a new ironman one of these days. Glad to see you’re doing well.

To another 10 years!