Theatre of Blood released on the testserver - bughunter contest

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Re: Theatre of Blood released on the testserver - bughunter contest

Post by Mike » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:33 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:41 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:20 pm Thoby
- All ToB NPC's now have the proper scaling based on party size (87.5% for four player teams, 75% for teams of one to three players) - 2 points
I feel like this is a huge no go for the server. Knowing our player base and the average skill of a PkHonorian, we won't be able to do efficient ToB's if we wait hours on end to have 3 decent enough players so we can have a chance at completing the raid.
The previous scaling was really good ( 5 man team=100%, 4 man team= 4/5 of HP, 3 man team= 3/5 of HP, 2 man team= 2/5 of HP, solo=1/5 of HP ).
I've made a poll that might help settle this debate: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=78228
Respire1337 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:41 pm I have found a couple of bugs as well :
  • Whenever Nylocas Vasilias changes the attack style, you get pulled towards it.
  • After finishing the maze at Sotetseg, if you go back to the tiles before the red tornado vanishes, you still get damaged. Same happens when you kill Sotetseg and he's about to choose someone for his maze, but he dies before doing that, walking back on the tiles will heavily damage you.
The maze bug should have been fixed in today's update, can you check if the bug is still there even now?
Thanks for reporting the Nylocas bug, I have made a fix and released the fix on the testserver for this just now (2 points awarded).
Respire1337 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:41 pm Now an off topic bug, but one that should be fixed, it's the zoom location. At the moment, it is not centered on the torso, making everything be seen from a much lower perspective which means you can see less of the actual surroundings.
I've long been aware of this particular complaint, but as of yet I have not found any way to change it, nor am I sure it can even be changed at all. Various attempts in the past have not yielded any useful results.
After some testing in OSRS, I have noticed that the central point of the camera rotation/zoom in PkHonor seems to be exactly the same as in OSRS, except you're more restricted in how low you can rotate your camera (unlike PkHonor, you cannot see the horizon if you're zoomed all the way in). If we were to have the same limitation in vertical rotation in PkHonor (which I'm not sure our players would want), you most likely wouldn't even notice it at all. If you rotate your camera up a bit, it doesn't look nearly as bad anymore.

Troll n roll wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:45 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:20 pmReflected damage is indeed calculated before overhead reduction, this is intended.
I have checked the code and the reflection should not deal any damage if Nex is invulnerable. I have also tested this in-game, when she is invulnerable the reflection always deals 0 damage. During any other phase, including the last phase and all minions are dead, the reflection seems to work fine.
This might be a visual glitch then. Here is a gif of it happening during a protection phase:
Spoiler: show
If you are referring to the purple hitsplats, those indicate healing, rather than taking damage (which happens during her blood phase when she heals off you with blood spells). With the Theatre of Blood release on the test server, I had also added the purple hitsplats which are used on OSRS to indicate when an NPC is healing itself. You'll notice these with other NPCs such as Vorkath as well.
Troll n roll wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:45 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:20 pmI couldn't reproduce this issue, can you clarify what the problem is exactly?
Sorry should have been more concise. When you drop the camera angle too low with the door facing the bottom of your screen, the hitbox is very large:
Thanks for reporting this, I managed to reproduce it as well myself now. No idea how I can go about fixing these, but I'll see what I can do (2 points awarded).

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:47 pm

Since your last patch, the dawnbringer crumbles to dust after entering Verzik's room without letting you use it on Verzik. I will test out Sotetseg in a bit.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:21 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:47 pm Since your last patch, the dawnbringer crumbles to dust after entering Verzik's room without letting you use it on Verzik.
It is actually just dropped on ground:
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:25 pm

Troll n roll wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:21 pm
Respire1337 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:47 pm Since your last patch, the dawnbringer crumbles to dust after entering Verzik's room without letting you use it on Verzik.
It is actually just dropped on ground:
Still a bad thing! All credits to Troll n Roll, he noticed it and told me. ( ONLY HE GETS POINTS, I DO NOT)

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:51 pm

• Entered Xarpus as a solo, could not complete it, not even close. When I lost and re-entered, the poison splats of the previous round were still there.
    20191027_164820.png
  • Sanguinesti Staff takes blood runes, however it says it only takes death runes in the 'charge' option. If you use death runes on it, it doesn't work. It you used death runes on it with blood runes in the inventory it'll take the blood runes instead.
  • Shift-clicking the Toxic Blowpipe will not drop it, it will uncharge it. When you press shift and hover over the blowpipe it says 'drop' but it uncharges it.
  • Sotetseg Solo - Big ball hits 70, way too much for a solo run, that will drain anyone's supplies to 0 given that Sotetseg is a tank and does not die quickly. Sotetseg also own shoots magic projectiles making the boss a no-effort and get hit by a 70 every 2 minutes boss. Not fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:04 pm

Isaac wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:51 pm
  • Sotetseg Solo - Big ball hits 70, way too much for a solo run, that will drain anyone's supplies to 0 given that Sotetseg is a tank and does not die quickly. Sotetseg also own shoots magic projectiles making the boss a no-effort and get hit by a 70 every 2 minutes boss. Not fun.
It seems only fair for Sotetseg to hit you 70's, especially knowing that when you are solo you only have to watch out for the bomb special, maze and just pray mage against his regular attacks. Sotetseg and Xarpus felt so hard because they had 50% hp since Mike changed the scaling as of today. He also posted a poll for the hp scaling which you can find right here : viewtopic.php?f=93&t=78228&sid=58889829 ... 6e91445b75

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:31 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:41 pm I feel like this is a huge no go for the server. Knowing our player base and the average skill of a PkHonorian, we won't be able to do efficient ToB's if we wait hours on end to have 3 decent enough players so we can have a chance at completing the raid.
The previous scaling was really good ( 5 man team=100%, 4 man team= 4/5 of HP, 3 man team= 3/5 of HP, 2 man team= 2/5 of HP, solo=1/5 of HP ).
Support, I was going to say something along these lines but I didn't think it would actually be changed to a minimum scaling of 3-man teams. Let's be honest, there will be times in the near future when people want to raid but there are max 2 people at the ToB. OSRS benefits from people always being able to party up. Also I don't know why we're trying so hard to make everything exactly like OSRS, I thought the idea of PkH is to make changes where appropriate to let our players enjoy the server as a game that is slightly easier than OSRS. I don't know if essentially gating ToB to 3-man teams is a good idea given our player-base, I think the middle-ground option on Mike's poll which pushes partying but still keeps ToB reasonably solo/duoable is solid.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:49 pm

If you drop a Comp Cape in the reward room it won't go into your refund box and is lost forever. Unsure if this is for the whole of TOB too.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:30 am

NPC kill count for Zaros is misaligned:
Scythe max hit on dummy little bugged:
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:57 pm

Isaac wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:51 pm [*]Shift-clicking the Toxic Blowpipe will not drop it, it will uncharge it. When you press shift and hover over the blowpipe it says 'drop' but it uncharges it.
This is also the case in the production server (so no points awarded), but good catch. I've made a fix which will be applied in the next client release.
Isaac wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:51 pm [*]Sotetseg Solo - Big ball hits 70, way too much for a solo run, that will drain anyone's supplies to 0 given that Sotetseg is a tank and does not die quickly. Sotetseg also own shoots magic projectiles making the boss a no-effort and get hit by a 70 every 2 minutes boss. Not fun.[/list]
This is also the case in OSRS. Solo players need to regularly tank 70 hits. I agree that it's a strange choice of Jagex to make it this way for solo teams. Please check out this poll if you think it should be changed.

Troll n roll wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:30 am Scythe max hit on dummy little bugged:
Strangely enough, I couldn't reproduce this particular bug. I honestly have no clue how it could happen.

Bugfixes I have released on the testserver just now:
Troll n roll
- Dawnbringer is no longer lost upon entering Verzik's room - 3 points
- Fixed the Zaros killcount being misaligned - 1 point
(not yet fixed, could not reproduce) - Scythe of Vitur shows the wrong max hit against a max hit dummy - 2 points

Isaac
- Fixed the game saying you need death runes to charge the Sanguinesti staff (visual bug) - 1 point
- Fixed poison pools not disappearing on failing the Xarpus stage - 3 points
- Fixed comp capes or other items that should normally go to refund box being lost when dropped in the ToB - 3 points