Because of how big the update is, we have decided to first release it on our test server (a server completely separate from our live server) so players can look for bugs we bring the update to our production server. The test server currently runs on a player database from several months ago, so my apologies for it being rather outdated.
To participate, simply download our Theatre of Blood test client and see if everything works as expected. If you find any bugs (that are otherwise not a bug on the live server), please report it as a reply on this topic. Make sure to include your game username in one of your bug reports so I know where to add the credits at the end of the contest.
To know how the Theatre of Blood works, I recommend the OSRS wiki on the subject (or its strategy guide). We have done our best to make our ToB work in exactly the same way as on OSRS, with two minor exceptions:
Firstly, you will always keep all your items when losing or dying in the Theatre, but you will need to pay a penalty of 10M coins to play again after each time you fail it.
Secondly, Hardcore Ironman players will keep their status if they die in the Theatre, so it is considered a safe minigame. I know that the outcome of the poll on the subject was 70% in favor of losing the status vs 30% keeping it, but we want to prevent hardcores from losing their status due to a bug or a combat mechanic that works different in PkHonor than in OSRS. If we feel confident that our ToB mechanics all work 100% like OSRS and are completely bug-free, we might decide to make the minigame dangerous later on (and we'll be sure to prompt hardcores with the appropriate message when we do), but not right now in any case.
A few things to test in ToB is food/potion sharing (and the inability of irons to see food/pots dropped by others) along with the dropping of Dawnbringer in the Verzik room. For your convenience, you will be able to start the Theatre in any of the six rooms on the test server.
The complexity of several bosses forced us to rework some major parts of our NPC-related code, so there's a very real chance of one or more of our current in-game bosses (and other monsters) being broken as a result. A few possible ways in which they might be broken is them not following or attacking properly, their hits not registering, not using correct attack styles, or - forTzTok-Jad - not being able to switch prayer in time etc.
I'd like to ask the community if they can test not only the Theatre of Blood itself, but also all of our other bosses to see if none of them broke.
A list of possible bosses to check are as follows (but feel free to test other NPC's as well):
- TzTok-Jad (short version will work fine, just spawn some Tokkul if needed)
- Nomad (in your player-owned house or the skilling center)
- Skotizo (you can spawn a dark totem if needed)
- Thermonuclear smoke devil
- Corporeal beast
- Abyssal sire
- Lizardman shaman
- Demonic gorillas
- Giant mole
- Chaos elemental
- Kalphite Queen
- King Black Dragon
- Dagannoth Kings
- Barrows brothers
- Nex, along with the other four GWD bosses
- All wilderness demibosses (Callisto, Venenatis, Vet'ion, Scorpia, Crazy Archaeologist, Chaos Fanatic)
Some useful commands on the testserver:
The contest will be ongoing until we feel confident that most of the (important) bugs have been reported and fixed.
[EDIT] The contest is over and the winners declared: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=78189&p=686683#p686683
Bughunter contest rules & guidelines
- Whenever you encounter an in-game bug, make a post about it as a reply to this thread. Please try to be as specific as possible so we can reproduce the bug
- Please report one bug per post to prevent people from cheating by editing their old posts. This means double posting in this thread is allowed.
- Make sure you include your in-game username in one of your bug reports, so I know where to add the credits (if you never state your in-game name in any reports, you will be excluded from the contest)
- The first person to report a bug gets the points for it
- Known bugs or bugs that are also present in the live production server do not result in any points
- When two or more people work together to find a bug (or someone finds a bug and asks another to report it), they all get the full amount of points for it
- You get points based on the severity of the bug:
- 1 point for minor bugs and visual glitches
- 2 points for relatively minor bugs, things that don't work or wrong ID's (for example an NPC having the wrong ID or being spawned in the wrong place)
- 3 points for general bugs
- 4 points for major bugs
- 5 points for game-breaking bugs
- 10 points for dupes or massive exploits
Current bughunter report: