New website!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

New website!

Post by Rapsey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:30 pm

Note: if the website looks f'ed up to you, please try doing a hard refresh by using ctrl-F5 (or command-F5 on a mac).

It's been in the works for a long time but now it's finally here: a complete overhaul of our entire website! Rather than doing a radical redesign we have opted to stay true to the design you are all familiar with, and have instead focussed our efforts on modernising and improving everything. While things may look more or less the same as they used to, most of what you're seeing has been rebuilt from the ground up.

This release encompasses a huge number of changes and improvements, so instead of making a full changelog we will only highlight the most significant changes.

Overall:
  • A complete modernisation of the website theme. The website has become a lot more consistent and there's icons and stuff.
  • Full mobile support. Say goodbye to the bright mobile theme for the forums (and to the lack of proper mobile theme for everything else). Our main website theme should now be as comfortable to use on mobile as it is on a regular PC.
  • Various performance and security improvements.
Forum-specific:
  • Emoji support.
  • @mentions.
  • Notifications (for mentions, quotes, replies to your posts, replies to bookmarked topics, topics created in subscribed forums, ...). You can manage your notification settings here. If you want to receive notifications for any further posts made on topics you have posted on, you can effectively auto-subscribe to any topic you post on. This option is found on your posting defaults, but please keep in mind it will only take effect for topics you post on after enabling this setting (it's disabled by default). Alternatively you can tick the "Notify me when a reply is posted" checkbox when creating a topic or post.
  • More intelligent quotes. (only affects new quotes)
  • Soft delete for posts
The ideas system has also been rebuilt. It is now completely integrated with the forums, instead of requiring you to navigate through the ideas system to get the ideas interface on top of the base topics. Because it is now mature enough we have decided to start using it for all proposing and voting on suggestions. To that end, about half of the topics from the old In-Game Suggestions forum have been automatically converted into the ideas system (basically all the ones that had recognizable yes/no poll voting options).

The old In-Game Suggestions forum (and all the topics left in it) will still be sticking around. There is still a place for it. While the ideas system is intended to be used for proposing and voting on "finished" suggestions, it is not very suitable for discussing rough ideas or polling community input across multiple choices (or anything other than yes/no).

tl;dr: from now on we have:
  • Discuss Ideas (= the old In-Game Suggestions forum, for extended polling and working out the details of an unfinalized idea)
  • Propose Ideas (= the ideas system with thumbs up/down voting, suggestion ranking, support for marking the dev-status of each suggestion etc)
If there are still suggestions in the discussion section that have a clear yes/no poll but weren't automatically converted, please feel free to point them out to me and I will convert them into the ideas system while preserving the yes/no votes.

Enjoy!

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Re: New website!

Post by Troll n roll » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:36 pm

She is beautiful 😍
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:38 pm

I especially love the new suggestions and ideas sections, very well done and very well implemented.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:38 pm

Amazing work!! Honestly couldn't have expected anything better. The look & feel are amazing, especially on mobile. Looking forward to mentioning people left and right.

Thanks Raps 😉
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:40 pm

Awesome! @Rapsey
Last edited by Jon on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:40 pm

Thoby wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:38 pm Amazing work!! Honestly couldn't have expected anything better. The look & feel are amazing, especially on mobile. Looking forward to mentioning people left and right.

Thanks Raps 😉
@Thoby agree!

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:48 pm

Church wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:40 pm
Thoby wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:38 pm Amazing work!! Honestly couldn't have expected anything better. The look & feel are amazing, especially on mobile. Looking forward to mentioning people left and right.

Thanks Raps 😉
@Thoby agree!
@Church sweeeeeettt
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:00 pm

On mobile:

Selected the drop down menu in top left
Selected home
Returned with “Requested page could not be found”

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Slap a ho wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:00 pm On mobile:

Selected the drop down menu in top left
Selected home
Returned with “Requested page could not be found”
Home page is currently under maintenance!

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:06 pm

Church wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:02 pm Home page is currently under maintenance!
Fixed now. :)