Callisto - Community bossing event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
P v m life
Novice

Re: Callisto - Community bossing event

Post by P v m life » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:29 pm

won’t be doing this one because of the pkers.. need some more better events

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:04 pm

Cancerstick wrote:
Lieven wrote:
James wrote: ?

Why does it suddenly have to jump from rather underwhelming rewards to 'OP as fuck'?
Because there is no decent middle ground to be found for these events. Everyone is viewing this from an ench comp veteran perspective while people forget not all events are designed in a way to cater/scale to this minority of players. This event is an excellent example: Getting curses if you already have curses is kinda shit. But for a newer player it means saving a load of gp and pkp they could spend somewhere else. So yeah idk, maybe an outlandish idea but... let the noobs have some events catered to them?
Rewards don't need to be 'OP as fuck', but come on...

DKS - Even the DK reward was more useful than this.... and its DKS out of everything
Spoiler: show
• 50 overloads (4)
• Ranger boots & Robin Hood hat
• 100 rings of recoil
• Uncut onyx
• 500 raw Rocktails
• 100m coins
• 50 Dagannoth bones
• 500 PkHonor points
• 500 pest control points
Compare this to last event, were you have access to morph, and 3 DK, as compared to the 1 Callisto, on top of the risk to go out and do it.

2 Chaotic repair kits - they are what, 140m? or the pkp
300 Gold leafs - Random to fit in with the boss?
300 Mahogany planks - Random to fit in with the boss?
5 crystal keys - Ok with this one, angry bear does drop a lot of half keys
3 Main Melee sets - tf is a main melee set? the rune defender, d scim, glory and torag legs? ok?
Ancient prayer book - Kinda pointless if you already have curses?
400 PKhonor points - basically making this 4-5 repair kits then?

At least make it seem worthwhile to do. Right now it just seems like a last minute event was thrown together because there wasn't one this weekend and I saw plenty of people complaining. Maybe not, IDK, but that's what it seems like.

At least let irons participate in the "individual rewards", seeing as how a majority of the kills will most likely be from spawners, and they/we could benefit from those actual rewards.
It's worthwhile to do if you're a new-ish player. The big ticket reward here are curses. I do agree that ironmen should be able to participate for the personal goals in this specific event, as this would be a great event for them to participate in (and they can kill Callisto at spawners, which might make reaching the event goal easier)

Don't forget, you're getting 500M or so for just doing 10 000 damage. Then you have to factor in a +20% droprate with double the chance of receiving a pet. If you're going to attempt to do this event, you're going to make a fair amount of GP. Callisto drops a lot of clues too btw, so people will be leaving the area frequently to do their clue. The top rewards are the good shit and the usual people might not win as it can get pretty expensive compared to the things you can gain from this event if you keep bringing BiS gear when it's crowded. It's a competetive event in the wilderness, for fucks sakes guys, are we going to whine because the participation trophy isn't good enough?

Nobody is ever going to be satisfied with the events. A thread is made about a lack of events and three days later an event is announced and now it's a 'shit' event. Just saying, events are going to get more creative and fun if there isn't so much pressure put on staff and some imaginary deadlines set by the community. No one ever said that these events would be weekly. We got a lot of events now because the summer vacation for many people had just begun so it would be a great way to keep playercounts up.

Ely is the only admin currently, and it might surprise you guys but he's not only there to make events. Next to having a life, he also does appeals, refunds and recoveries along with god knows what other administrative duties he has to perform. Yet he's the one who usually has to come up with these events, which he probably has to run through Mike (and we all know how hard Mike can be to reach at times) so he can adjust the droprates and set the ingame timers etc.

There's only so many bosses, so an event every week will make it bland and people will just think 'oh well i'll participate in the next one'. I can't imagine the amount of complaining when these boss events are turned into a weekly cycle like the CW events. They could just be stretched over a year (52 weeks) so each boss has an event one time in a year, but that requires head-in-arses to not complain when they go a week without an event.

FYI mahogany planks are on Callisto's drop table along with gold ore, so they do belong on this list. You even get more GP as you're getting leaves instead of ores/bars

TL:DR: Jesus fucking christ get your heads out of your arses and stop bitching about events if you're getting one that is slightly underwhelming. An underwhelming set of rewards wont hurt the server as much as an overwhelming set, so let the people responsible for it find a balance

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:26 pm

The first 2 paragraphs would’ve been enough, rather than another 4 bitching about other people bitching or not being appreciative. People just want a little more personal reward when they’re being forced into the wilderness to participate in an event they’ll likely die at numerous times. There’s really nothing wrong with that.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:08 pm

Slap a ho wrote:The first 2 paragraphs would’ve been enough, rather than another 4 bitching about other people bitching or not being appreciative. People just want a little more personal reward when they’re being forced into the wilderness to participate in an event they’ll likely die at numerous times. There’s really nothing wrong with that.
Nah fuck that bro. Anyone that wants some decent loot is a fucking scumbag that is only out for themselves
Lieven wrote:
Just saying, events are going to get more creative and fun if there isn't so much pressure put on staff and some imaginary deadlines set by the community.
xd thx for the insider info admin lieven

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:11 pm

Instead of complaining about the rewards (or bitching about people complaining about the rewards), why not show everyone your idea of good rewards?

It's easy to let someone else come up with rewards every time and then just complain that it's no good. Easy and pointless too. The rewards for this event are set and they're not going to be changed, so no point arguing about them. What you can control are the rewards for all the events that come after this one.

Now you can try to steer the rewards by always going to the exaggerated extreme with your feedback and making everything either "omg these rewards suck" or "wtf these rewards are OP as fuck". Then you get exactly what you're getting now: rewards that vary wildly from one event to the next. What do you expect? If you're always blowing out of proportions how over- or underwhelming the rewards are then you're just making them overcompensate on the next event. If you don't want the next event rewards to be 5x as much as this then don't act as if these rewards are only 20% of what they should be. If you exaggerate then the event planners will act on your exaggerated feedback.

But if you're actually interested in getting the kind of rewards you want on the next event, why not propose them yourself? It's a win-win, you get the rewards you want and staff will be grateful for helping them sort out the rewards for the next event. Because believe me, choosing rewards is not easy nor fun. No matter what you choose someone will bark at you, it's like a game you just can't win.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 pm

Rapsey wrote:Instead of complaining about the rewards (or bitching about people complaining about the rewards), why not show everyone your idea of good rewards?

It's easy to let someone else come up with rewards every time and then just complain that it's no good. Easy and pointless too. The rewards for this event are set and they're not going to be changed, so no point arguing about them. What you can control are the rewards for all the events that come after this one.

Now you can try to steer the rewards by always going to the exaggerated extreme with your feedback and making everything either "omg these rewards suck" or "wtf these rewards are OP as fuck". Then you get exactly what you're getting now: rewards that vary wildly from one event to the next. What do you expect? If you're always blowing out of proportions how over- or underwhelming the rewards are then you're just making them overcompensate on the next event. If you don't want the next event rewards to be 5x as much as this then don't act as if these rewards are only 20% of what they should be. If you exaggerate then the event planners will act on your exaggerated feedback.

But if you're actually interested in getting the kind of rewards you want on the next event, why not propose them yourself? It's a win-win, you get the rewards you want and staff will be grateful for helping them sort out the rewards for the next event. Because believe me, choosing rewards is not easy nor fun. No matter what you choose someone will bark at you, it's like a game you just can't win.
Great idea! It's not like I've done that during previous events and PMed Ely about it so that it did get changed!

I guess you caught me out on that last paragraph. I'm just not interested at all! It's not like it has anything to do with the fact that I cannot predict what events the staff team are going to decide on next.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:31 pm

James wrote:I cannot predict what events the staff team are going to decide on next.
I was about to say the same. In order to give a suggested rewards list, people would need to know what event is being planned.

I think the current personal rewards are much better than the previous version (believe me, they were junk before Ely changed them). Yeah maybe adding 250m coins or something wouldn’t hurt to help compensate for the gear that may be lost during the event, but Callisto is profitable enough without the +20% drop rates to make up for the lack of.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:32 pm

Slap a ho wrote:The first 2 paragraphs would’ve been enough, rather than another 4 bitching about other people bitching or not being appreciative. People just want a little more personal reward when they’re being forced into the wilderness to participate in an event they’ll likely die at numerous times. There’s really nothing wrong with that.
Hell no. People bitching is a huge part of the problem here. Giving staff shit when they at least TRY to give the community an event is the perfect way to make them reluctant on hosting future events.

People always want more personal reward. That's logical. The issue here is that everyones opinion differs on how much more. That's why these decisions don't get made by the community, but suggested.

They're forced into the wilderness. Okay. So? It's an event, no one is forcing you to participate. It's not restricting your gameplay, pvm events like this just give you additional rewards for doing what you can already do at any moment, so in reality just a +20% droprate should be considered a nice reward on its own. If the event was some boss that is only available during the event and required player skill, then yeah sure. Rewards should be very worthwhile so it's being done 24/7.

Also, your point about losing gear makes no sense. By your logic all wildy pvm isn't worth it because you can lose sets of high value gear. That's the entire fucking point of wildy pvm and these events: You have the ability to bring BiS gear to maximise DPS, but you have to take risk into account so you don't take valuable gear. It's a lot more fair to new players who don't have full BiS sets. You're also forgetting that new players wont need good gear aside from a weapon to begin with if there's multiple people attacking callisto at once. This is a great trade-off.

Legit lmao everyone complaining about the rewards should just write their own event with droptable and forward it to Ely. It's going to get more stuff done than bitching about rewards

Edit;
Slap a ho wrote:
James wrote:I cannot predict what events the staff team are going to decide on next.
I was about to say the same. In order to give a suggested rewards list, people would need to know what event is being planned.
Just propose the boss too in that case? Maybe they wont do the proposed boss next event, but they'll have an event and rewards for that boss when it's decided to do that boss.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:45 pm

Slap a ho wrote:I think the current personal rewards are much better than the previous version (believe me, they were junk before Ely changed them). Yeah maybe adding 250m coins or something wouldn’t hurt to help compensate for the gear that may be lost during the event, but Callisto is profitable enough without the +20% drop rates to make up for the lack of.
Read more, type less. I said I think the rewards are fine and the profit made from the boosted drop rate from Callisto would be enough to compensate for anything lost, mainly referring to d’hide/dragon defenders, furies, etc. Obviously not talking about max gear.

Where did I complain about forcing people into the Wild? I’m aware that’s where Callisto resides, as is everyone else.

People bitching is what makes this a community driven server. As you’d say, by your logic the community should just shut the fuck up and never voice their real opinions and put on a fake facade to show the staff they’re appreciated and they’re doing everything perfect and exactly how we want it. That’s not how community driven works. Quit being a fucking drama queen, people are just giving their feedback and that’s perfectly ok.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Slap a ho wrote: Read more, type less.
Sorry for owning a phone and using the forums on them, takes a bit longer to type, you see?

Where did I complain about forcing people into the Wild? I’m aware that’s where Callisto resides, as is everyone else.
. People just want a little more personal reward when they’re being forced into the wilderness
?

People bitching is what makes this a community driven server. As you’d say, by your logic the community should just shut the fuck up and never voice their real opinions and put on a fake facade to show the staff they’re appreciated and they’re doing everything perfect and exactly how we want it. That’s not how community driven works. Quit being a fucking drama queen, people are just giving their feedback and that’s perfectly ok.

Can't have it both ways fam. Either you're happy because you got what you asked in detail, or you're disappointed because you got what you asked vaguely. If the community wants the server to be community-driven then they actually have to drive the server instead of playing a game of "hot, hotter, cold, colder" with the devs and staff team