23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Its flat
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Re: 23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Its flat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:16 am

Image

Will be ok
Premium Donator
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: 23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Will be ok » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:41 am

can we get apron lowered to 50k credits? makes little to no sense to have it at 75k credits.
1) very few people can afford to buy enough credits to buy this item (with in-game tickets)
2) 75k is an insane amount to donate for and makes a big difference rather then 50k credits (which people most likely would donate for)
3) IMO its to much money. even if u value credits at 3.5m ea which people buy for at 4m constantly, that's 262b, ryan buys apron for 200b. thus making it a loss of money and a nuisance to buy.
4)grains were sold for 50k credits then discounted to 45k because 10 years of pkh, they are actively traded for 900b-1.2t. this being said there is now an item for 50% more that's traded for less then a quarter of the price?

now I understand you want to maintain a balanced eco while still allowing fellow players to have access to this item, however they do have access, more access to it for lesser credits then buying the item directly from the donator shop. hope this is thought about and reviewed. ty for ur time,
Image

Pkh takeover
Premium Donator
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:52 pm
Location: Some gym somewhere

Re: 23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Pkh takeover » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:53 am

Will be ok wrote:can we get apron lowered to 50k credits? makes little to no sense to have it at 75k credits.
1) very few people can afford to buy enough credits to buy this item (with in-game tickets)
2) 75k is an insane amount to donate for and makes a big difference rather then 50k credits (which people most likely would donate for)
3) IMO its to much money. even if u value credits at 3.5m ea which people buy for at 4m constantly, that's 262b, ryan buys apron for 200b. thus making it a loss of money and a nuisance to buy.
4)grains were sold for 50k credits then discounted to 45k because 10 years of pkh, they are actively traded for 900b-1.2t. this being said there is now an item for 50% more that's traded for less then a quarter of the price?

now I understand you want to maintain a balanced eco while still allowing fellow players to have access to this item, however they do have access, more access to it for lesser credits then buying the item directly from the donator shop. hope this is thought about and reviewed. ty for ur time,
i agree with everything you said other than using ryan trying to buy for 200b as an example of making it loss of money. if lets say legends get put on store and i saying im buying for 400b that doesn't make it worth 400b.

User avatar
Rapsey
Sysadmin
Posts: 4346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:00 am
Location: Belgium

Re: 23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Rapsey » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:38 pm

Rationale behind the pricing of the white apron and dragon warhammer:
Spoiler: show
The only reason the white apron is priced so high at 75K is because of its in-game value. It was discontinued, no one could have known it would be making a return so it seemed only fair that we would price it in accordance with its in-game value. That way no one gets a surprise screw-over and the item doesn't get devalued. I thought that was also the conclusion that came out of the discussion topic you started: yes to bringing back old discontinued items, but you better make damn sure you don't sell them cheaper than their in-game prices.

At the normal credit ratio of ~2.4M/cr (what you get buying pretty much any item in the shop), 75K credits should result in 180B. This is well below the current market value of white aprons, which is 250-300B based on recent trades. You could sell it to another player for 270B and make +50% profit on your donation. We feel it's alright for donators to be able to buy them that much below market value, they do keep the server alive after all. On the other hand, if you're a F2P player who wants to buy one, you'd have to pay 4M per credit to buy them from other players which would mean it costs you 300B. That's at the upper end of the price range but still no more expensive than it would be to buy one from another player (so it's a viable alternative, especially if no one is selling).

So to be clear, we also think 75K is too ridiculous a price for any donator item and would much rather have priced them at 50K. We just thought the community would have been very upset if we did that, since at 50K they would definitely have been below market value even for F2P players buying up credits. If we were wrong about that assumption then please let your voices be heard. We thought you didn't want us to sell these things any cheaper than their market value.
Will be ok wrote:4) grains were sold for 50k credits then discounted to 45k because 10 years of pkh, they are actively traded for 900b-1.2t. this being said there is now an item for 50% more that's traded for less then a quarter of the price?
Grains were sold from the start with everyone being aware they would be sold again. If people want to keep paying more and more for grain that's fine, but that doesn't mean we're gonna put it at 200K credits the next time we sell it. Everyone knew from the start more would be added in the future, and it probably won't be for the same ridiculous price they paid to convince another player to sell theirs.

White aprons on the other hand were supposedly discontinued and no one knew more would ever be sold. That's why we didn't go below their market value (even if it is a quarter of the grain's) and why they ended up at 75K.

As for the dragon warhammer pricing... The first thing to note is that until now, the item has been overpriced due to (lack of) supply and demand. More than 85% of the players who have one went and got it themselves. You don't have much of a choice anyway, barely anyone is willing to sell one. The few that do sell one can get away with asking twice their normal value just because there's people willing to overpay that much to avoid having to get one themselves.

In our minds the DWH should be priced around 10B, which would be consistent with the rarity of the drop but also with the usefulness of the weapon. It doesn't make much sense that a DWH would be more valuable than a custom whip, which is all-round a stronger and more useful weapon. That's why their prices were set to 5-15B, although people more often asked 15B for them and sometimes even 20B. But yeah, plenty of people with 300B+ in their bank don't mind paying a few B more to get an item no one is selling otherwise, if they really cba to get it themselves.

So yeah, it depends on your point of view I guess. If you think they should be 15-20B forever then 3K credits is indeed a low price. But if you see 15-20B as the result of a temporary lack of availability for an item that should be around 10B then it's not that far off. Regular players buying credits at 4M each would still end up paying 12B to buy one in the donator shop.

Here too it's not too late to change anything so we welcome your feedback. But please do keep in mind that there is no point adding something to the donator shop if it's priced in such a way that no one will ever buy it. We thought about putting them at 5K first. Obviously we'd rather get a 5K donation for each DWH instead of a 3K, but we thought no F2P player would buy one (it'd cost 20B+ to buy the credits) and no donator would either, since you'd still make more money selling credits directly than buying DWH's and selling those. By putting them at 3K we hoped to resolve the shortage and overpricing of DWH's and get some support for the server in the process, which seemed like a win-win.

Will be ok
Premium Donator
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: 23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Will be ok » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:56 pm

I appreciate your feedback and Insight on your views from the community’s opinion although you did have the proper intentions i don’t believe you looked at how much credits are being bought & sold for which is now close to 4.5M ea. Even rambo a known mercher buys all donor credits for 4M each. At that price you’re 300B for an apron. I personally think aprons should be sold at 40K credits to make it profitable to donate for and also profitable to buy donator credits and save them to buy this item. As it sits at 75K credits people lost hope and stoped buying the credits. I couldn’t see 1 of the 10 aprons being sold in the shop if the price does not drop to 40-50K credits.
Image

User avatar
Troll n roll
Premium Donator
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: ❄ My Igloo ❄

Re: 23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Troll n roll » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:43 pm

Welp it's 75k now, it's not going to change based on opinions.
Image
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

User avatar
Lieven
Premium Donator
Posts: 9498
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Re: 23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Lieven » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:44 pm

No one can fucking talk shit to me about long posts after reading rapseys post smfh
Been feeding Robert my titty milk since year 293 after the conquest

Will be ok
Premium Donator
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: 23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Will be ok » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Troll n roll wrote:Welp it's 75k now, it's not going to change based on opinions.
Rapsey literally just said to post our opinions. I’m in belief it’ll change as it’ll sit as dead content if not.
Image

User avatar
Monys
Honor Player
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:08 am

Re: 23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Monys » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Lieven wrote:No one can fucking talk shit to me about long posts after reading rapseys post smfh
Why not???!!? His was very insightful
::vote

User avatar
Iron adam
Honor Player
Posts: 8703
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Middle Earth

Re: 23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Iron adam » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:54 pm

Monys wrote:
Lieven wrote:No one can fucking talk shit to me about long posts after reading rapseys post smfh
Why not???!!? His was very insightful
and logical

Post Reply