23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Red skull

Thanks to Thoby, players now have the ability to get a red skull, which is like a regular skull except you cannot use the protect item prayer, so you will always lose every single item on death. You can activate the red skull either by talking to Death in Edgeville or by using the ::redskull command. You can switch back to a regular skull by talking to Death again. Once the red skull expires (after 12 minutes, after dying or when drinking from the Fountain of Heroes), the next time you attack an enemy in the wilderness you will gain a regular skull again.

Milestone capes

Thanks to Jeremy, Milestone Capes are now available for creation in-game. The capes are purely cosmetic, but what better way to proudly show off you're well on your way to maxed experience?

You can make them by bringing the requisite number of balls of wool, as well as 10M coins, to the Loom on the farm between Falador and Port Sarim. New capes are unlocked at the following thresholds, and require the following number of balls of wool:
1,000,000,000 experience - 1
3,000,000,000 experience - 2
5,000,000,000 experience - 3
10,000,000,000 experience - 4
15,000,000,000 experience - 5
20,000,000,000 experience - 6
30,000,000,000 experience - 7
40,000,000,000 experience - 8
46,000,000,000 experience - 9

Donator store & master clue additions

There are seven new permanent cosmetic items in the donator store. These items have also all been added as rare drops to master caskets (aside from ankou which was already a master clue reward). They all have the same stats as OSRS, but without any requirements (also sold to ironman):
Robes of darkness (top, bottom, hood, boots, gloves) - 10,000 credits
Ankou outfit (top, leggings, mask, socks, gloves) - 10,000 credits
Mummy outfit (body, legs, head, feet, hands) - 10,000 credits
Samurai set (shirt, greaves, kasa, boots, gloves)- 10,000 credits
Katana - 10,000 credits
Nunchaku - 7,500 credits
Dual sai - 5,000 credits

As well as one extra weapon (in the weapons tab): the dragon warhammer, sold for 3,000 credits each (not available for irons).

And the ecumenical key, which is now sold in the donator store for 10 credits each (available to irons).

White apron sale

There is currently an ongoing white apron sale. A very rare item, valued at hundreds of billions of coins, we are selling exactly 10 of these for 50,000 credits each. Get yours now, because gone is gone and it'll be at least another half a year before we sell this item again. Ironman mode players can purchase the apron as well.

Other bugfixes
  • Honors can no longer make NPC's immortal through the ring of suffering (r)
  • Fixed a bug where the game would always note or unnote 10 items instead of the custom amount you had last entered when using an item on a bank booth
  • It should no longer be possible for Cerberus to spawn twice in the same location at the same time
  • Skotizo kills are now shown in a PoH bookcase. They were already being tracked since the release, you simply couldn't see them in your bookcase yet
  • Hardcore Ironman Mode players now receive the appropriate armour when creating their account. They can also purchase this at the supplies store
  • Fixed the Bandos kiteshield not deflecting any damage back onto Nex
  • New players can no longer end up at coordinate 0, 0 when first creating their account
  • Nastroth's dialogue has been fixed when he explains Bounty Hunter to a player

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: 23 July Updates - red skull, milestone capes, cosmetics

Post by Iron adam » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:26 pm

damn getting ready for that apron salt XD should make some good drama

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:29 pm

Sweet update!

Are the clue rewards/dwh for irons going to be permanent or is there a time limit?

Thanks for including irons!

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Solid update

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:34 pm

Cancerstick wrote:Sweet update!

Are the clue rewards/dwh for irons going to be permanent or is there a time limit?

Thanks for including irons!
The clue rewards will be permanent, both for regular players and irons. The dragon warhammer is not available to irons in the donator store though, the only things they can donate for is donator, premium, ecumenical keys and cosmetics. If you want a DWH as iron, you can only get one through killing lizardman shamans.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:39 pm

Thumbs up on the red skull.

As for the apron sale, I’m not to pleased even though I don't own one. It is quite expensive though so good on you for that. It just leads me to a question all “wealthy” players are wondering or going to wonder. Are any items actually discontinued now or can we assume you’ll reintroduce all of them eventually.

Jousi
Premium Donator

Post by Jousi » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:42 pm

I fail to see the rationale for re-introducing white aprons even if for a short period of time. Dragon warhammer being only 3k donator credits is a considerable drop in its street value. Not really feeling the newly added donator shop items in general: they all seem like filler items at best.

I rate the milestone capes and red skull.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Grizzly mint wrote:Thumbs up on the red skull.

As for the apron sale, I’m not to pleased even though I don't own one. It is quite expensive though so good on you for that. It just leads me to a question all “wealthy” players are wondering or going to wonder. Are any items actually discontinued now or can we assume you’ll reintroduce all of them eventually.
There is no item that is guaranteed to stay discontinued forever. Our plan is - and has been for many years - to reintroduce all items so there can be no more one-off items.

However, we do try our best to accommodate by only doing very limited sales and providing the assurance that there will not be another rare item sale for a specific item for another half a year. This way we can keep rare items rare.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:49 pm

Btw I applaud you for your patience. Discontinued items are a gold mine and I have no doubt 100% of us, myself included, would have reintroduced those items years ago if we were in your shoes.

Thank you for the response.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:19 pm

46B exp hype, white apron salt
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.