Whenever you perform any of the following actions, you have a chance to receive a pet:
- Woodcutting (beaver)
- Firemaking (phoenix)
- Fishing (heron)
- Farming (tangleroot)
- Mining (rock golem)
- Thieving (rocky)
- Agility (giant squirrel)
- Runecrafting (rift guardian)
- Hunting chinchompas (baby chinchompa)
For each XP point you receive, there is a one in 400 million chance to receive a pet, so on average you will receive 1 skilling pet for each 400M XP you gain in a skill. If you have 2B XP in a skill but don't have the pet for that skill yet, your chance quadruples to 1 pet for each 100M XP on average.
Skilling pets can also be bought at the donator store for 10,000 credits each (9,500 for premium members), though this feature is not (yet) available for Ironman Mode players.
Some interesting information regarding these skilling pets:
- Each pet can be fed an ex-ex-parrot, basically making it an ex-ex-parrot with a skin
- You can recolour a baby chinchompa by right-clicking it and choosing 'Metamorphosis'. Each time it recolours, there is a 1/100 chance it will turn into a golden baby chinchompa
- When runecrafting at any altar while having a rift guardian following you, it will change its colour to match that of the crafted rune
- Rock golems can be recoloured by using a rock on them. Regular rocks are found in the Feldip hills south of Yanille, granite can be found at the quarry in the desert south of the bandit camp and elemental ore is found inside the elemental workshop, through the odd looking wall and down the stairs in Seers' village
- Using the inferno adze or infernal axe also grants a chance at a phoenix pet
Today, we also introduce tradeable donator credits. Players can now purchase donator points in the form of item (tickets) which they can freely trade to other players or sell on the Grand Exchange. Other players can then sell these tickets back to the store to receive the actual credits on their account so they can purchase any item from the donator store. This allows players to purchase skilling pets (and other items) from the donator store without having to actually donate!
Lastly, we have added two small but nice QoL features:
- Players now have the ability to smash vials when they drink the last dose of a potion. They can enable this by talking to the barbarian guard at the barbarian outpost south of the lighthouse.
- All special farming patches, along with the snow hunter area, now contain a bank deposit box
Now on to Thoby his work on the Catacombs of Kourend and Skotos, which we are hoping to release shortly. Stay tuned!