2 May Updates - Major cache update

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

2 May Updates - Major cache update

Post by Mike » Thu May 02, 2019 5:22 pm

I'll admit It's been quite some time since our last update. Partially due to all the work I had to spend updating our cache to the latest OSRS version, partially due to a lot of time and effort that have gone into dealing with IRL circumstances the past two weeks. Thankfully, the latter is finally coming to an end, allowing me to once again focus on PkHonor.

And here it finally is: the cache that contains all recent OSRS items, NPC's and maps, allowing us to add a ton of really cool stuff that you have all been waiting for. In the next several weeks, we will focus on adding the Catacombs of Kourend, Skotizo, Vorkath and the Chambers of Xeric!
I would like to extend my thanks to the players who have participated in the bughunter contest, allowing me to fix several bugs that would otherwise have been a part of today's update. The winners have been declared and the rewards handed out, however I still need to know the in-game usernames of a couple of participants (link) before I can give them their appropriate rewards.
However, by no means does the bughunter contest guarantee a bug-free release. If anyone encounters any bugs with the update, please let us know either as a reply to this post or in our bug report forum.

Today's update also fixes the issue with disappearing Lizardman Shamans. On top of that, the fix takes care of a couple of annoyances with Zulrah and the Giant Mole that use similar "teleport" mechanics. First off, your character will keep attacking after the NPC moves from one location to the other. Secondly, there should no longer be any issues with killing an NPC while it is submerging in terms of dropping items or respawning.

I would also like to apologize for the lack of an Easter event this year. Holiday events are a tradition I've tried to honor as much as possible throughout PkHonor's history, but with everything that's been going on in my life in the last few weeks, I simply didn't have the time nor energy to add one. Same goes for the lack of weekend events in April which I stupidly overlooked. But May will be a far more promising month.

Look forward to a whole lot of new additions and improvements to PkHonor in the next weeks and months!

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Re: 2 May Updates - Major cache update

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Finna B gewd.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu May 02, 2019 5:35 pm

Cool cool cool.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Ara2rule
Known Venturer

Post by Ara2rule » Thu May 02, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks Mike! Hope all is well now.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Thu May 02, 2019 5:41 pm

Glad to see this! Hopefully all is going well with home life.

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Thu May 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Beautiful to see this update. This will unlock an insane amount of potential new content.

Really looking forward to this!
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Thu May 02, 2019 6:31 pm

For people using the .exe client, try uninstalling and re-installing it.
That will (most likely) fix the problem.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Will be ok
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok » Thu May 02, 2019 9:27 pm

When can we expect chambers?

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu May 02, 2019 10:06 pm

Amazing can't wait to get on! I know I've been MIA since Sunday, but I think today I'll have a chance to hop on and hang out with the community. Excited for what's to come and glad to see IRL for you is settled as well Mike. As for future updates it would be cool to poll what the community would want to see released first (excluding all raids content since of course it will be voted priority). Thanks Mike!
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:49 pm

The problem you have fixed with moles and Zulrah were you don't get the damage in but you do get the xp that comes with it. Well, that's still going on with the Sire's respiratory systems or whatever it's called.