What to look forward to in the next few months

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Ross
Premium Donator

Re: What to look forward to in the next few months

Post by Ross » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:57 am

Skiller wrote:
Thacommunity wrote:Mike did you forget about us again? It has been more than a few weeks. Im not sure why you do this. You literally were trying to deliver the point that this isnt going to happen anymore. Just please give us the content we deserve. We're years behind
Yo I’m with Adam on this one, kindly stfu and let mike develop like he’s been doing so we can get the rest of this out quickly and not have him respond to your dumb incorrectly informed messages
Wow, flaming?

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Mike wrote: But above all else, players want new content. They want the things they like about OSRS. And many of these new features, we are still lacking. I'm glad we managed to bring UIM, Cerberus, Abyssal Sire and Lizardman Shamans in a relatively short amount of time, but we're lagging far too much behind the features that OSRS has to offer. Everything we added recently, OSRS already had in 2016. That changes now.

As we speak, I already managed to download the very latest OSRS cache, containing all the new maps, NPC's and items we need. I also managed to get my hands on tools that allow me to easily update our cache whenever OSRS brings out new major features, so that we can add them to our own server within a short time and we can finally stop lagging behind feature-wise.

There's still some work to do before we can start adding all the features I am about to present. I still need to dump the maps and verify that all NPC, item and object ID's have remained the same (and convert ID's where needed). However, unlike the 30 December 2016 update, it's not going to take me 5 months this time.

Once this process is over, the first thing we will be adding is Skotizo! Thoby has already added almost all of the functionality of Skotizo, but the map of the area we have was broken, so we decided to postpone its release until the new cache update which contains the correct map:

Last but not least, we'll finally have all of OSRS their skilling pets at our disposal, which we are all too eager to add to the game!

In other words, more than enough content to keep us busy for a while. And to keep current and new players excited for a long time to come.
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Thacommunity
Honor Player

Post by Thacommunity » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:18 pm

Thank you nick. Im glad someone was able to read the same post that I read. Its just getting rediculous the lack of content and false or delayed content.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:28 pm

Nickrock234 wrote:
Mike wrote: But above all else, players want new content. They want the things they like about OSRS. And many of these new features, we are still lacking. I'm glad we managed to bring UIM, Cerberus, Abyssal Sire and Lizardman Shamans in a relatively short amount of time, but we're lagging far too much behind the features that OSRS has to offer. Everything we added recently, OSRS already had in 2016. That changes now.

As we speak, I already managed to download the very latest OSRS cache, containing all the new maps, NPC's and items we need. I also managed to get my hands on tools that allow me to easily update our cache whenever OSRS brings out new major features, so that we can add them to our own server within a short time and we can finally stop lagging behind feature-wise.

There's still some work to do before we can start adding all the features I am about to present. I still need to dump the maps and verify that all NPC, item and object ID's have remained the same (and convert ID's where needed). However, unlike the 30 December 2016 update, it's not going to take me 5 months this time.

Once this process is over, the first thing we will be adding is Skotizo! Thoby has already added almost all of the functionality of Skotizo, but the map of the area we have was broken, so we decided to postpone its release until the new cache update which contains the correct map:

Last but not least, we'll finally have all of OSRS their skilling pets at our disposal, which we are all too eager to add to the game!

In other words, more than enough content to keep us busy for a while. And to keep current and new players excited for a long time to come.
The cache update didn’t take 5 months this time around like it did before, which is what’s being referenced in Mikes post.

Nothing to say about everything else.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:50 pm

Nickrock234 wrote:
Mike wrote:However, unlike the 30 December 2016 update, it's not going to take me 5 months this time.
Post by Mike » 24 Mar 2019 01:30

2 May Updates - Major cache update
Post by Mike » 02 May 2019 17:22

It took 39 days, barely over a month and indeed way less than the 5 months it took the previous time.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:53 am

Rapsey wrote:
Nickrock234 wrote:
Mike wrote:However, unlike the 30 December 2016 update, it's not going to take me 5 months this time.

It took 39 days, barely over a month and indeed way less than the 5 months it took the previous time.
Can't satisfy anyone sadly. All you guys do is type some lines of code which took dozens of people to write, but then with a <5man team. How hard can it be!? :orly:

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 am

Rapsey wrote:
Nickrock234 wrote:

Indeed. Y'all are doing a great job, i'm just a little impatient. xD
I give ya shit sometimes because I care about the server.
Tbh, PkHonor is probably the most well coded server that I have played, most consistent, and least buggy.
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:53 am

Thanks guys, we really appreciate it. :)

Better still, Mike told me he his tools for the conversion process are now so far along that next time it might only take a week. No promises of course, we can never predict the things Jagex will change in the next cache version.

Daymen
Premium Donator

Post by Daymen » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:51 pm

Good job guys! can't wait for it.