21 February Updates - Cerberus

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

21 February Updates - Cerberus

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Cerberus has been released!

Found in its lair beneath the Taverley dungeon, Cerberus guards the River of Souls, preventing the living from entering, and the dead from escaping. Are you up to the challenge of defeating her?

She is very similar to OSRS in many ways, meaning:
  • You can access her lair through the Taverley dungeon, the quickest way being to run a bit north, jump across the spikes and then run further north until you come to a cave entrance
  • Alternatively, you can use the key master teleport to teleport very close to her lair. This scroll is dropped by Cerberus
  • She can only be killed while on a hellhound or Cerberus slayer task, unless there is an ongoing Cerberus event. Note that, similar to Krakens, you cannot get Cerberus or hellhounds as a slayer task unless you have a slayer streak of at least 3
  • At the start of the fight, a wall of flames will spawn which deals 5 damage when crossed
  • She can attack with all 3 styles (melee, ranged and magic)
  • At the start of the fight, she will use all 3 attacks in quick succession (this special attack can also hit with melee from a distance)
  • Once below 400 health, she can summon 3 souls that will attack you with magic, ranged or melee. They spawn in a random order but the first attack will always be from the west. Each attack will deal 30 damage and can only be blocked by a protection prayer. If you protect against an attack, 30 prayer points will be drained instead (15 prayer points if you are wielding a spectral spirit shield)
  • Once below 200 health, she can form 3 hot pools, one under you and two nearby. If you stand on a pool, you will take 10 - 15 damage; if you stand next to one, you will take 7 damage
She drops the smouldering stone, which can be combined with a dragon axe to create an infernal axe, which burns 1/3rd of the logs you cut, granting 100% of the firemaking XP. It can burn 5000 logs, after which it will become an infernal axe (uncharged) and you need to use a smouldering stone on it to recharge it.
Combine the smouldering stone with a dragon pickaxe to create an infernal pickaxe, which smelts 1/3rd of the ore you mine, granting 100% of the smithing XP. It can smelt 5000 ores, after which it will become an infernal pickaxe (uncharged) and you need to use a smouldering on it to recharge it. If you wish to make steel, mithril, adamant or rune bars with the pickaxe, you do still need to have the appropriate amount of coal in your inventory.
When uncharged, the infernal axe/pickaxe will act just like a dragon axe/pickaxe. The smouldering stone can be traded, the infernal (pick)axe cannot.

She also drops eternal, pegasian and primordial crystals, which can be combined with infinity, ranger and dragon boots respectively, requiring a runecrafting and magic level of 60 and granting 10,000 runecrafting and magic XP. The boots are similar to the ragefire, glaiven and steadfast boots we already have in the game, you can visit the OSRS wiki for the exact eternal, pegasian and primordial boots stats, which we also use.
Until further notice, the ragefire, glaiven and steadfast boots will remain unchanged, so the two sets of boots will simply coexist. The eternal and pegasian boots offer slightly better stats than the ragefire and glaiven boots, while the primordial boots offer a slightly lower attack bonus than the steadfast boots (but it does have a slightly higher defense overall).

And last but not least, the hellhound puppy!

A few other things included in this update:
  • The dragon axe now has the proper OSRS special attack, granting +3 to your woodcutting level and using up 100% of your special attack bar. The same goes for the infernal axe and the infernal axe (uncharged)
  • Hellhounds now also drop the smouldering stone, as an extremely rare drop
  • Fixed a bug where two bosses could be in the same instance at the same time, although one of them would be unattackable (this happened outside GWD)

We're also holding a Cerberus event, which means all players can access her lair even without slayer task, her droprates are increased by 20% and her pet droprates are doubled.

Starts in:

Ends in:

In the meantime, I've started my work on the abyssal Sire. Coming soon!

Whiprealgood
Premium Donator

Re: 21 February Updates - Cerberus

Post by Whiprealgood » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:32 pm

I've been very excited for this update! Thanks for this release mike.
Check out my Youtube channel!

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:27 pm

Thanks Mike!

Time to get a new puppy :D

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:56 pm

Isn't the infernal axe completely pointless since we have the inferno adze?

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:16 pm

Ross wrote:Isn't the infernal axe completely pointless since we have the inferno adze?
Yes

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:28 pm

Awesome!

I'd assume the inferno axe and pick work at the same speeds as the dragon axe and pick?
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Rizz0
Premium Donator

Post by Rizz0 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:36 pm

Nice update, lookin forward to Sire next!! :thumbsup:

ps: no crystal in 15kc pls fixx

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:44 pm

awesome update Mike. I do however have a quarm. The release of new bosses is making this issue worse and worse each time - viewtopic.php?f=67&t=71896&p=664640&hil ... ff#p664640

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Awesome update Mike and all the Dev team! Can't wait to try it out myself, very happy to see all the new content and can't wait to see what else is in store. I have huge hopes for us.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Ross wrote:Isn't the infernal axe completely pointless since we have the inferno adze?
It is a bit. Might still be useful for non-prems (also thinking about the ironman). Although most people that do a difficult boss like cerb are already advanced in the game, but oh well...