22 December Updates - Hardcore Ironman, no more lost pets

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Cancerstick
Wise One

Re: 22 December Updates - Hardcore Ironman, no more lost pet

Post by Cancerstick » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:20 pm

It was more of just a, lets get a confirmed answer put out there for future reference.

I know there had been some talk before about how it was almost impossible to revert Iron accounts to normal accounts, so I wasn't 100% sure on how it would work with 'giving' back a hardcore status.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:47 pm

Cancerstick wrote:It was more of just a, lets get a confirmed answer put out there for future reference.
I understand, but for the same reason we are a little reluctant to give you that answer. I don't really want to have some official statement promising guaranteed hardcore reinstatement that everyone can then quote to demand it. Every case is different and whether a hardcore status gets reinstated will depend on how exactly it was lost.

This may seem evasive but you'd be surprised how broad people's interpretations get of what constitutes a bug or "our fault" after they just lost something major and this claim is the only possible way to get it back. For some people just something being different from OSRS is enough to be called a bug under those circumstances. So I can't offer you any blanket guarantees. All I can tell you is that we intend to treat this the same way as we've been treating refunds for items.

Hc legend
Rookie

Post by Hc legend » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:24 pm

Wonderful update, enjoying the Hardcore mode so far!

Do you have any plans on changing the in-game crowns anytime soon? It's quite confusing wether you're an Hardcore or normal Ironman.