24 October updates: halloween event, bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Ryan
Staff Manager

Re: 24 October updates: halloween event, bugfixes

Post by Ryan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:33 am

Nice updates Mike :thumbsup:

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Is adam platskirt trimmed and gold trimmed even "in" the game? Aren't those unique items?

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:51 pm

Tezey wrote:Is adam platskirt trimmed and gold trimmed even "in" the game? Aren't those unique items?
They are indeed in the game. They were brought back in the mini clue expansion that happened in the last update : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74735. I even have some pieces if you ever want to see them ;P

B0rnt0bepeek
Wise One

Post by B0rnt0bepeek » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:44 pm

Respire1337 wrote:
Tezey wrote:Is adam platskirt trimmed and gold trimmed even "in" the game? Aren't those unique items?
They are indeed in the game. They were brought back in the mini clue expansion that happened in the last update : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74735. I even have some pieces if you ever want to see them ;P
Rip Tomas. Hamade's gifts are no longer tokens of appreciation, more or less depreciation now. : - )))

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:33 pm

B0rnt0bepeek wrote:Rip Tomas. Hamade's gifts are no longer tokens of appreciation, more or less depreciation now. : - )))
To be fair I don't think Hamade ever promised they would be one-off items until the end of time, or indeed at all. The fact that they have been one-off's for 5 years already makes it an incredible gift. No idea why he gave it though, so suspiciously shortly before resigning...

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Rapsey wrote:
B0rnt0bepeek wrote:Rip Tomas. Hamade's gifts are no longer tokens of appreciation, more or less depreciation now. : - )))
To be fair I don't think Hamade ever promised they would be one-off items until the end of time, or indeed at all. The fact that they have been one-off's for 5 years already makes it an incredible gift. No idea why he gave it though, so suspiciously shortly before resigning...
Fair suspicion, but I do wanna note that Tomas is like 5 years younger than he says he was. Really unlikely that it was *that*, seeing as Hamade was quite aloof with giving stuff away (he gave me 100b for graphic design contests when I asked for 5b in like 2012/13. Let's not forget Rick's white staff either, or head mod to the first senior mod that asked for it... Etc.).

Tom brady
Premium Donator

Post by Tom brady » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Rapsey wrote:
He promised me that they’d be one off items as long as I never sold them (which I didn’t) as an apology for being a total dick to me for 2+ years
FRO TIME :afro:
OPRAH!

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Eater wrote:Fair suspicion, but I do wanna note that Tomas is like 5 years younger than he says he was. Really unlikely that it was *that*, seeing as Hamade was quite aloof with giving stuff away (he gave me 100b for graphic design contests when I asked for 5b in like 2012/13. Let's not forget Rick's white staff either, or head mod to the first senior mod that asked for it... Etc.).
Uh, I think you're reading more into that than I intended. All I meant is that someone giving stuff away right before resigning kinda suggests that he wouldn't otherwise have done it, but did it because he was leaving anyway. Could mean it's something that should never have happened, a form of power abuse. I'm not accusing anyone since I don't know why it was done but the timing is a bit suspicious.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Ah okay, wasn't sure what you meant by that when I read it. I think what I said still happens to apply though

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:36 pm

Tom brady wrote:He promised me that they’d be one off items as long as I never sold them (which I didn’t) as an apology for being a total dick to me for 2+ years
A reward for being a dick to you for 2+ years? LMAO, and here I was thinking it was for extraordinary services rendered or something. :D

If he explicitly told you they would be one-off's forever (assuming you didn't trade them) then I'm very sorry but that's not a promise he was authorized to make or able to keep in any way. He was leaving PkHonor and he never even mentioned it to us (if he had we would've never agreed to a lifetime promise). Kinda easy to make offhand promises if you won't be the one who has to keep them.

It was never our intention to screw you, which is why we have waited years before finally doing this. Having a one-off item for 5 years is a really big gift after all. It's half the age of PkHonor as a whole, longer than Hamade was even the owner. Now that the item is obtainable it does devalue yours but it doesn't take away the 5 years of sole ownership you were already given.

I suspect you're also a bit disappointed that we didn't give you a heads-up but that was very much on purpose. We didn't want to risk the item being sold quickly before losing its artificial value. It makes things much easier that the item was never sold since that means we can treat it as the gift that it originally was, not some item you paid 1T+ to buy from someone else. This is also the reason we chose not to convert it into its market value. We have done this a few times in the past but only in cases where the current owner actually paid that much for the item. In those cases it makes sense to compensate financially since that's what it cost them to get the item. Unfortunately we can't undo 2+ years of Hamade being a dick to you. :P
Eater wrote:Ah okay, wasn't sure what you meant by that when I read it. I think what I said still happens to apply though
Definitely. This is not the only case of prodigal gift-giving that we found and fixed, some given to others, others given to themselves. I don't know if Rick still has the white staff but I can tell you a whole bunch of items were taken out at the same time as the adamant was reintroduced. Maurits' golden tinderbox comes to mind.