Major upcoming NPC pathfinding update

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Programmer
User avatar
Posts: 5519
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: PkHonor HQ

Re: Major upcoming NPC pathfinding update

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Thanks again for all the continued testing, I've now made the following changes on the test server:
  • When you stand on top of an NPC, it will now move one square to stand next to you, before it will attack you again
  • Fixed Growler's attack range
  • Fixed Commander Zilyana being able to attack from a distance, she can now only hit you from melee distance (with both melee and magic attacks)
  • Kree'arra will now only move into melee range when nobody is attacking her (if I understood the OSRS wiki correctly anyway). Haven't tested this yet
  • All GWD boss room bodyguards (except the ones that use melee) now have an attack range of 10 squares
  • Dagannoth Kings their aggro range has been reduced to 8 squares
  • Venenatis's attack range has been reduced from 12 to 10 squares
  • Ahrim's attack range has been increased to 10 squares, Karil's to 7 squares

The revenants their pathfinding is tricky considering that every attack they will evaluate which of the 3 attack styles to use, so it's not easy to determine whether they should move in to attack or not (it's much easier for DG's and similar NPC's).

Wise One
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 4:27 am

Re: Major upcoming NPC pathfinding update

Postby B0rnt0bepeek » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Hopefully this will finally fix metal dragons as well, when you're standing out of mele range, they shouldn't walk up to you, they would mage from their current spot until you decide to run away, leading them to follow.
Mike wrote:The revenants their pathfinding is tricky considering that every attack they will evaluate which of the 3 attack styles to use, so it's not easy to determine whether they should move in to attack or not (it's much easier for DG's and similar NPC's).
Well seeing as they're not aggressive, and everyone practically meles them since it's meta, I think revs are fine the way they are to be honest. Never really seen a issue with their pathing.
Last edited by B0rnt0bepeek on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Senior Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Re: Major upcoming NPC pathfinding update

Postby Respire1337 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:32 pm

B0rnt0bepeek wrote:Hopefully this will finally fix metal dragons as well, when you're standing out of mele range, they shouldn't walk up to you, they would mage from their current spot until you decide to run away, leading them to follow.

^^^
Image

Game Administrator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 6788
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Major upcoming NPC pathfinding update

Postby Admin adam » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:41 pm

B0rnt0bepeek wrote:Hopefully this will finally fix metal dragons as well, when you're standing out of mele range, they shouldn't walk up to you, they would mage from their current spot until you decide to run away, leading them to follow.

It has. Metal dragons all have their long-range dragonfire attacks. Chromatic dragons only have short-range.

Game Administrator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 6788
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Major upcoming NPC pathfinding update

Postby Admin adam » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:58 pm

Chaos fanatic does some weird dancing now. I don't think it will cause any serious issues.


Senior Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Re: Major upcoming NPC pathfinding update

Postby Respire1337 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Admin adam wrote:Chaos fanatic does some weird dancing now. I don't think it will cause any serious issues.


Maybe it's because of its range attack? His attack range is too short I assume.
Image

Game Administrator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 6788
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Major upcoming NPC pathfinding update

Postby Admin adam » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Respire1337 wrote:Maybe it's because of its range attack? His attack range is too short I assume.

I don't think so. He was doing it at all distances. It seemed like it was due to the mini cloud NPCs getting in the path of his attack. Or perhaps moving to a tile that he couldn't hit for whatever reason.

Head Wiki Editor
User avatar
Posts: 4849
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:50 pm
Location: Lithuania.

Re: Major upcoming NPC pathfinding update

Postby Jonas » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:52 pm

https://gyazo.com/155ac7cbbe49c100365c48af7b3bb88c

I quit. Broken game. FIX PATHING ty


jk
Image

Game Administrator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 6788
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Major upcoming NPC pathfinding update

Postby Admin adam » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:54 pm

Jonas wrote:https://gyazo.com/155ac7cbbe49c100365c48af7b3bb88c

I quit. Broken game. FIX PATHING ty


jk

Not quite relevant to this thread, but still something that would be nice to get fixed. Happens with a lot of doors, gates, obstacles, etc. I can't even make it around the wildy agility course once without something messing up :p

Premium Donator
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:56 am

Re: Major upcoming NPC pathfinding update

Postby Thelategamer » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:30 am

Mike wrote:[*] Kree'arra will now only move into melee range when nobody is attacking her (if I understood the OSRS wiki correctly anyway). Haven't tested this yet

That is how it works (I remember from my days camping Kree'arra on OSRS). I haven't tested if it's fixed, but if I get a chance later I'd love to give it a go
Image

PreviousNext

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests