3 July Updates - Effigies

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 4532
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:31 pm
Location: PkHonor

Re: 3 July Updates - Effigies

Postby Jon » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:51 am

Od on meth1 wrote:ehh honestly not keen to see these in game, to much rs3 like, i find them to be rather pointless as the whole point in rs3 was the clan system with them, u didnt need the required lvl to use an effigy u would get assistance from another player with that lvl who would receive the xp instead of urself, and in doin this you would get the the dagonkin lamp faster to get the xp you wanted,

also could i get this in english? ((level * level * level) - (2 * level * level) + (100 * level)) / 3 XP,

Uhm? That is English, and every other language because it's just basic math lol...
Image
Image

Junior Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:29 am
Location: stuck between reality and dreams

Re: 3 July Updates - Effigies

Postby Od on meth1 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:52 am

Jon wrote:
Od on meth1 wrote:ehh honestly not keen to see these in game, to much rs3 like, i find them to be rather pointless as the whole point in rs3 was the clan system with them, u didnt need the required lvl to use an effigy u would get assistance from another player with that lvl who would receive the xp instead of urself, and in doin this you would get the the dagonkin lamp faster to get the xp you wanted,

also could i get this in english? ((level * level * level) - (2 * level * level) + (100 * level)) / 3 XP,

Uhm? That is English, and every other language because it's just basic math lol...



ok so could some1 maybe explain it to us ppl that suck at maths? because atm its just a mess that means nothing to me

Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 4532
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:31 pm
Location: PkHonor

Re: 3 July Updates - Effigies

Postby Jon » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:57 am

Od on meth1 wrote:
Jon wrote:
Od on meth1 wrote:ehh honestly not keen to see these in game, to much rs3 like, i find them to be rather pointless as the whole point in rs3 was the clan system with them, u didnt need the required lvl to use an effigy u would get assistance from another player with that lvl who would receive the xp instead of urself, and in doin this you would get the the dagonkin lamp faster to get the xp you wanted,

also could i get this in english? ((level * level * level) - (2 * level * level) + (100 * level)) / 3 XP,

Uhm? That is English, and every other language because it's just basic math lol...



ok so could some1 maybe explain it to us ppl that suck at maths? because atm its just a mess that means nothing to me

Image
For a skill level of 99, you get this much exp.
Rounding to the nearest thousand, as Mike said, will grant you 320000 XP.
Image
Image

Rookie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:05 am

Re: 3 July Updates - Effigies

Postby Product pvm » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:47 am

I know it says we can only hold 5 effigies at a time, but does that include the dragonkin lamps? or can we hold more than five of those?

Known Venturer
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: 3 July Updates - Effigies

Postby Michaelbuble » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:11 pm

I like the idea of effigies, but when you use the lamp I think it should tell you that you've used the lamp for x amount of exp, not just the xp drop on the top right. This is because some players have it turned off so they can't/won't know that they have earned exp from the lamp. (I did this thought the lamp scammed me). Excellent work though mike :D
Image

Image

Programmer
User avatar
Posts: 5519
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: PkHonor HQ

Re: 3 July Updates - Effigies

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:06 pm

Product pvm wrote:I know it says we can only hold 5 effigies at a time, but does that include the dragonkin lamps? or can we hold more than five of those?


Dragonkin lamp is not included, so you can have 5 effigies along with as many dragonkin lamps as you want.


Michaelbuble wrote:I like the idea of effigies, but when you use the lamp I think it should tell you that you've used the lamp for x amount of exp, not just the xp drop on the top right. This is because some players have it turned off so they can't/won't know that they have earned exp from the lamp. (I did this thought the lamp scammed me). Excellent work though mike :D


As far as I know, the effigies show the amount of XP but dragonkin lamp does not. I'll make sure it does in a next update.

Honor Player
Posts: 5781
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:03 am

Re: 3 July Updates - Effigies

Postby Simon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:03 am

Rapsey wrote:
Simon wrote:More bank space please.

OSRS added bank space with their updates that introduced many new items. It should be the same for us.

Over the past ~4 years, we’ve introduced hundreds of new items into the game. We should have a bank space increase to support this.


Please Mike. Thank You :)

Not sure where you get that idea but you're wrong. Jagex does not have a habit of increasing bank space with the introduction of new items, in fact it looks like they have never done this!

There have only been 2-3 increases to OSRS bank space:

...and that's exactly where it's been at on PkHonor, 800. The only thing OSRS has done that we haven't is offer +8 bank spaces if you have a pin and another +8 if you use the authenticator, which they did in September 2017. But that has nothing to do with new items being introduced.

Now can we PLEASE stop using news threads to bring up unrelated suggestions?


Although every fact may seem to indicate that I am wrong, I am still going to double down and argue for more bank space :s
Image

Image
Image

Premium Donator
User avatar
Posts: 1434
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: ❄ My Igloo ❄

Re: 3 July Updates - Effigies

Postby Troll n roll » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Nice update!
Image
Image

Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Mountains

Re: 3 July Updates - Effigies

Postby Migetmanz » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:38 pm

thanks for the updates! :D

Premium Donator
User avatar
Posts: 2015
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Re: 3 July Updates - Effigies

Postby Ross » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:38 pm

GOOD JOB MICHAEL
Image

Previous

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests