16 February Updates: 3 wilderness bosses, major changes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: 16 February Updates: 3 wilderness bosses, major changes

Post by Iron adam » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:14 am

Iron bubble wrote:
James wrote:Whats the point in adding a refund cost to the capes?
Powerful untradeble that you can lose and not get penalised. I’d imagine the same reason osrs got repair costs on untradeables. Long awaited update imo and very beneficial to balancing pking
I agree that it was needed. Price does seem a little high, but there is no gold sink associated with it. This update just puts a monetary value on the cape slot, just like every other slot has.
So if you have a 1.0 kdr against people who use the same cape, you break even.
If you have a 1.0 kd as a fire cape noob going against a powerful toxic comp cape, you make money.
Seems like the system is pretty balanced. If the prices need adjustment, that can certainly happen.

Eazy as fuck
Premium Donator

Post by Eazy as fuck » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:56 am

100% PvMHonor. Good Job

Down set go
Premium Donator

Post by Down set go » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:09 am

Meh at the wildy stuff

+1 for morph updates

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:01 am

Extended brand new task at Vannaka, went from 57 to 34 lol. Pls refund 5M.
Spoiler: show

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:00 am

Nolan wrote:Extended brand new task at Vannaka, went from 57 to 34 lol. Pls refund 5M.
Can we also refund 200b and 500 hours for comp cape.

Fire cape.

3 pure commands and 1 hour of training combat. 1 hour of fight caves.

Comp.

500-1k hours of grinding skills, 40b for fletch, 40b for prayer, 50b in con supplies, about 50b in services for hunter and con. (Most people service this). Another 100 hours of pking, or another 50b in service.

And... I pay an extra 240m per death for all my hard work. Refund please.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:19 am

Grizzly mint wrote:
Nolan wrote:Extended brand new task at Vannaka, went from 57 to 34 lol. Pls refund 5M.

Fire cape.

Comp.

500-1k hours of grinding skills, 40b for fletch, 40b for prayer, 50b in con supplies, about 50b in services for hunter and con. (Most people service this). Another 100 hours of pking, or another 50b in service.

You choose what cape to use. Why do you expect the most powerfull cape in the game should be risk-free to use? There is no logic behind it. And no, the time and money spent obtaining it isn't a good reason. It's good for a reason and you should penalized as such when pkin/getting pked with it.
ImageImage

Down set go
Premium Donator

Post by Down set go » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Grizzly mint wrote:

Fire cape.

Comp.

+1 I don't even pk but I don't see why end game content always has to be messed with or devalued somehow especially things that have been in the game for years?

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Just because something has been around forever doesn’t mean it shouldn’t change. It was too op when it was introduced, so it’s good to nerf it a bit. Anyone whose spent that much getting it can afford to refund it, and if they can’t its just not difficult to make that much. It’s less than an hour of work if you’re maxed stats, as you have to be to have the cape at all.

Honestly it’s a nice moneysink on players that can afford it. If anything I’d want to see it lowered for fire capes to encourage new pkers more.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:10 pm

The builder wrote:Just because something has been around forever doesn’t mean it shouldn’t change. It was too op when it was introduced, so it’s good to nerf it a bit. Anyone whose spent that much getting it can afford to refund it, and if they can’t its just not difficult to make that much. It’s less than an hour of work if you’re maxed stats, as you have to be to have the cape at all.

Honestly it’s a nice moneysink on players that can afford it. If anything I’d want to see it lowered for fire capes to encourage new pkers more.
Its not even a money sink. No money is removed from the eco. All it will do is reward good pkers and punish bad pkers. It just adds a monetary value to all capes. No money is actually leaving the eco.
Comp cape is BiS so it has a high value.
As of now, whenever you lose a Fire Cape, Max Cape or Completionist Cape on death in PvP, it now always immediately goes to your refund box and will cost a certain amount of coins to reclaim. The full reclaim cost is also dropped as coins for the killer. If you lose one of these capes in PvM, you now have 5 minutes to go back where you died reobtain it before it is put in your refund box for a price. Refund prices are as follows:

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
The builder wrote:Just because something has been around forever doesn’t mean it shouldn’t change. It was too op when it was introduced, so it’s good to nerf it a bit. Anyone whose spent that much getting it can afford to refund it, and if they can’t its just not difficult to make that much. It’s less than an hour of work if you’re maxed stats, as you have to be to have the cape at all.

Its not even a money sink. No money is removed from the eco. All it will do is reward good pkers and punish bad pkers. It just adds a monetary value to all capes. No money is actually leaving the eco.
Comp cape is BiS so it has a high value.
As of now, whenever you lose a Fire Cape, Max Cape or Completionist Cape on death in PvP, it now always immediately goes to your refund box and will cost a certain amount of coins to reclaim. The full reclaim cost is also dropped as coins for the killer. If you lose one of these capes in PvM, you now have 5 minutes to go back where you died reobtain it before it is put in your refund box for a price. Refund prices are as follows:
^
Seems unnecessary, looks like I won’t be edge PKing for a while