16 February Updates: 3 wilderness bosses, major changes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Skiller
Developer

Re: 16 February Updates: 3 wilderness bosses, major changes

Post by Skiller » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:54 pm

Ah missed that part before. Shouldn't we be rewarding good pkers though? lol

Maybe reduce their drops to half, so that it is a money sink. I think it's reasonable to charge to get it back though, same way you'd have to pay for any of the rest of your gear. Just strikes me that it's silly one of the items should not be that way. I do think though it's good you don't have to pay to completely replace it, because then it'd be way to big of a risk. The range it's currently in seems more than fair to me.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 pm

Exactly. What kind of shitty devs would we be if we went: "well, this item is completely broken and overpowered but hey, it's been in the game for 2 years now so it'll just have to stay that way forever"

To say max/comp cape are BIS hardly even does it justice. They are MILES ahead of the next best thing. In every other slot the BIS item is maybe 10% better than the second best (which is already a lot), but for capes it's more like 300% since you're basically walking around with the equivalent of 3 fire capes on your back. That is already a super nice reward, it doesn't also have to be free for life.

Having it free was just one of the things that screws the Wilderness. Any newcomer enters a Wilderness where everyone uses these capes since they're such a no-brainer, being so much better than everything else and also completely risk-free. They have to fight an uphill battle, which is normal considering their gear is worse. What's not normal is that if they do manage to kill someone with a cape 3 times better than theirs they don't get shit for it, but if they die with their cape they lose something. That's the world upside-down lol, it's the complete opposite of the natural order that using superior gear means taking greater risk. No wonder we don't get many new PK'ers.

The funny thing is that this update has actually made PK'ing more profitable overall. Sure, you lose money on the capes but you gain just as much by PK'ing them so as long as your ratio is 1/1 that's a zero-sum. But on top of that you also get twice as much for every other refund-for-a-price item you PK (except from iron man players). So unless you suck massively you will actually make more money PK'ing after this update even with the cape costs. The only people who suffer from this change are those who just wanna use their BIS cape to die over and over without losing anything (by rushing etc), which seems like a very good thing.

To anyone who says "oh I won't PK anymore", honestly, if having this unloseable ever-free OP cape was the only thing that made PK'ing worthwhile for you that would be pretty sad. Probably says something about your skills.
The builder wrote:Ah missed that part before. Shouldn't we be rewarding good pkers though? lol
We are rewarding good PK'ers. If you can kill more than you die, you'll make more money than before. If you can kill someone even though their gear is better (fire cape vs comp), you get a bigger reward while risking less. Basically good PK'ers profit more, seal clubbers profit less. Although you still gain more than you used to if you kill a fire cape user with your comp cape (30M whereas it used to be nothing), you just have to risk more to outclass them with your top-end gear. Just like it is for all other gear.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:39 pm

The cape adjustment is one of the most needed updates I would say. New players have been punished for having firecape as their best cape and having to pay 100m for it. This update makes it more fair by punishing max/comp cape users as well (so all the pvmers as well), countering people from their fcape is gone, and you get loot for killing with one of the capes now. Awesome update. Prices might have to be altered, but who knows, we will see.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Sorry Rapsey yeah I was agreeing that we are, it’s just a downside for bad ones! Rereading I realize that wasn’t as clear as it could’ve been

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Just make max and comp cape the same as fire capes in pvp, keep things fair for new players

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:28 pm

James wrote:Just make max and comp cape the same as fire capes in pvp, keep things fair for new players
Now you get something back for the achievement you've reached, but at some cost. This only makes it more profitable for newer players. Back when I was welfaring in rune I didn't mind fighting people with much better gear like barrows, I knew they had the advantage, but I knew I would make a lot more profit than them in case I won. Pretty much the same situation.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:33 pm

I 100% agree with the need for there to a consequent when dying with a fire/max/comp cape. However, I do think that there should be a welfare option available.

I think Fire Cape should be free, Max Cape 50-100m, and Comp Cape 100-200m. Also, brawlers should be ~500m. I honestly don't understand why we have risk-free barrows gloves. Makes no sense.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Simon wrote:I 100% agree with the need for there to a consequent when dying with a fire/max/comp cape. However, I do think that there should be a welfare option available.

I think Fire Cape should be free, Max Cape 50-100m, and Comp Cape 100-200m. Also, brawlers should be ~500m. I honestly don't understand why we have risk-free barrows gloves. Makes no sense.
I was thinking the same. Obby cape should never be the welfare option lol.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Simon wrote:I 100% agree with the need for there to a consequent when dying with a fire/max/comp cape. However, I do think that there should be a welfare option available.

Good point. For mage there could be a welfare option (suggestion), for melee it would be firecape. And yeah brawlers is also something that should be looked at.

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:46 pm

When you leave something broken for too long it'll piss people off when it finally gets "fixed" because it's what people are used to. I don't dislike the cape refund prices but it should have been changed a long time ago. Also would be nice if brawling gloves went to refund for ~half of the purchase price when you die with them in the wild, and if we could sell them/trade them in for ~1/4 of the purchase price after they become useless.