16 February Updates: 3 wilderness bosses, major changes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Re: 16 February Updates: 3 wilderness bosses, major changes

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Rapsey wrote:Exactly. What kind of shitty devs would we be if we went: "well, this item is completely broken and overpowered but hey, it's been in the game for 2 years now so it'll just have to stay that way forever"

To say max/comp cape are BIS hardly even does it justice. They are MILES ahead of the next best thing. In every other slot the BIS item is maybe 10% better than the second best (which is already a lot), but for capes it's more like 300% since you're basically walking around with the equivalent of 3 fire capes on your back. That is already a super nice reward, it doesn't also have to be free for life.

Having it free was just one of the things that screws the Wilderness. Any newcomer enters a Wilderness where everyone uses these capes since they're such a no-brainer, being so much better than everything else and also completely risk-free. They have to fight an uphill battle, which is normal considering their gear is worse. What's not normal is that if they do manage to kill someone with a cape 3 times better than theirs they don't get shit for it, but if they die with their cape they lose something. That's the world upside-down lol, it's the complete opposite of the natural order that using superior gear means taking greater risk. No wonder we don't get many new PK'ers.

The funny thing is that this update has actually made PK'ing more profitable overall. Sure, you lose money on the capes but you gain just as much by PK'ing them so as long as your ratio is 1/1 that's a zero-sum. But on top of that you also get twice as much for every other refund-for-a-price item you PK (except from iron man players). So unless you suck massively you will actually make more money PK'img after this update even with the cape costs. The only people who suffer from this change are those who just wanna use their BIS cape to die over and over without losing anything (by rushing etc), which seems like a very good thing.

To anyone who says "oh I won't PK anymore", honestly, if having this unloseable ever-free OP cape was the only thing that made PK'ing worthwhile for you that would be pretty sad. Probably says something about your skills.
The builder wrote:Ah missed that part before. Shouldn't we be rewarding good pkers though? lol
We are rewarding good PK'ers. If you can kill more than you die, you'll make more money than before. If you can kill someone even though their gear is better (fire cape vs comp), you get a bigger reward while risking less. Basically good PK'ers profit more, seal clubbers profit less. Although you still gain more than you used to if you kill a fire cape user with your comp cape (30M whereas it used to be nothing), you just have to risk more to outclass them with your top-end gear. Just like it is for all other gear.
It's a well needed update and it's good that it's done now than never. It's understandable that people dislike it because now it have a cost to use it compared to before. Sometimes it's nessecary to make unpopular updates for the greater good and I like it alot.
ImageImage

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:58 pm

Rapsey wrote:Exactly. What kind of shitty devs would we be if we went: "well, this item is completely broken and overpowered but hey, it's been in the game for 2 years now so it'll just have to stay that way forever"

To say max/comp cape are BIS hardly even does it justice. They are MILES ahead of the next best thing. In every other slot the BIS item is maybe 10% better than the second best (which is already a lot), but for capes it's more like 300% since you're basically walking around with the equivalent of 3 fire capes on your back. That is already a super nice reward, it doesn't also have to be free for life.

Having it free was just one of the things that screws the Wilderness. Any newcomer enters a Wilderness where everyone uses these capes since they're such a no-brainer, being so much better than everything else and also completely risk-free. They have to fight an uphill battle, which is normal considering their gear is worse. What's not normal is that if they do manage to kill someone with a cape 3 times better than theirs they don't get shit for it, but if they die with their cape they lose something. That's the world upside-down lol, it's the complete opposite of the natural order that using superior gear means taking greater risk. No wonder we don't get many new PK'ers.

The funny thing is that this update has actually made PK'ing more profitable overall. Sure, you lose money on the capes but you gain just as much by PK'ing them so as long as your ratio is 1/1 that's a zero-sum. But on top of that you also get twice as much for every other refund-for-a-price item you PK (except from iron man players). So unless you suck massively you will actually make more money PK'img after this update even with the cape costs. The only people who suffer from this change are those who just wanna use their BIS cape to die over and over without losing anything (by rushing etc), which seems like a very good thing.

To anyone who says "oh I won't PK anymore", honestly, if having this unloseable ever-free OP cape was the only thing that made PK'ing worthwhile for you that would be pretty sad. Probably says something about your skills.
The builder wrote:Ah missed that part before. Shouldn't we be rewarding good pkers though? lol
We are rewarding good PK'ers. If you can kill more than you die, you'll make more money than before. If you can kill someone even though their gear is better (fire cape vs comp), you get a bigger reward while risking less. Basically good PK'ers profit more, seal clubbers profit less. Although you still gain more than you used to if you kill a fire cape user with your comp cape (30M whereas it used to be nothing), you just have to risk more to outclass them with your top-end gear. Just like it is for all other gear.
So let's start this, I like the fact that having the best in slot cape it's a risk now in wildy, but the price is just over the moon. Look here for example : I am dharoking and I die. What do I lose? The dharok set(300m), whip(100m), dfs\dragon defender(60m-80m\125m-150m+), berserker ring(35m-50m),fury(100m) and on top of that the comp cape itself(240m out of refund). That means I am losing around 1B worth of gp in 1 death. But on the other hand, the other dude gets the 1b. It's just too big of a difference. 5 kills in row will easily mean a 5b loss.

And I really don't see why you're blaming a cape for not attracting new pkers, but not looking at the other items that we have, but again, you're blaming a CAPE, and not only a cape, an endgame content, that requires you at least 1000 hours played, and a lot of hard work to get it, not only to mention the 500 kills you had to get( they will be replaced by the diaries, but who knows, they might take longer than the 500 kills), or just a huge cash stack to have it completely serviced. For example, you don't even take in calculations the best in slot gear that it's being sold to the PkHonor points shop, yeah, the pvp armours and the weapons. They have literally no requirement but 20 defence( for the corrupt gear).
They cost so little in terms of pkp( 550 pkp for a full set of melee, 400 for a full set of mage, and 475 for a full set of range) when comparing to the 2nd best in slot and 3rd best in slot( the gwd gears,nex gears). They are so overpowered and they come to little to no risk for a pker. With it, they can slaughter almost everything in their way. Not to mention if they're using a chaotic maul as well. Imaging someone with that gear rushing a new pker and 1 hitting that poor fella. Not only they lose their whip\dfs\whatever else items they might have, but they also lose their fire cape(if they have one). After he has lost his precious items, he doesn't even have enough gp to get his cape back from refund. "Welp then....time to quit..." *Starts searching for a new RSPS*.

Something similar( but with broken items instead) was introduced in OSRS for the purpose of not only saving the untradeables that were vulnerable because of the constant ddos threats, and constant disconnecting over a period of many months, but also to give a reward for whoever was able to kill someone using void in wilderness(that until then, meant you weren't risking nothing if fighting in void). This was further extented to all untradeables, just to make it even for everything.

But as a final conclusion, yes, this was needed. I don't say that I want this to be reverted back to what it was before. But the price is just too much. And instead of rewarding the player that grinded that end game content so hard and with such passion, you choose to punish him with that, but you won't even look at the most op gear that currently everyone has and can use with pretty much no risk.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:17 pm

Respire1337 wrote:

So let's start this, I like the fact that having the best in slot cape it's a risk now in wildy, but the price is just over the moon. Look here for example : I am dharoking and I die. What do I lose? The dharok set(300m), whip(100m), dfs\dragon defender(60m-80m\125m-150m+), berserker ring(35m-50m),fury(100m) and on top of that the comp cape itself(240m out of refund). That means I am losing around 1B worth of gp in 1 death. But on the other hand, the other dude gets the 1b. It's just too big of a difference. 5 kills in row will easily mean a 5b loss.

And I really don't see why you're blaming a cape for not attracting new pkers, but not looking at the other items that we have, but again, you're blaming a CAPE, and not only a cape, an endgame content, that requires you at least 1000 hours played, and a lot of hard work to get it, not only to mention the 500 kills you had to get( they will be replaced by the diaries, but who knows, they might take longer than the 500 kills), or just a huge cash stack to have it completely serviced. For example, you don't even take in calculations the best in slot gear that it's being sold to the PkHonor points shop, yeah, the pvp armours and the weapons. They have literally no requirement but 20 defence( for the corrupt gear).
They cost so little in terms of pkp( 550 pkp for a full set of melee, 400 for a full set of mage, and 475 for a full set of range) when comparing to the 2nd best in slot and 3rd best in slot( the gwd gears,nex gears). They are so overpowered and they come to little to no risk for a pker. With it, they can slaughter almost everything in their way. Not to mention if they're using a chaotic maul as well. Imaging someone with that gear rushing a new pker and 1 hitting that poor fella. Not only they lose their whip\dfs\whatever else items they might have, but they also lose their fire cape(if they have one). After he has lost his precious items, he doesn't even have enough gp to get his cape back from refund. "Welp then....time to quit..." *Starts searching for a new RSPS*.

Something similar( but with broken items instead) was introduced in OSRS for the purpose of not only saving the untradeables that were vulnerable because of the constant ddos threats, and constant disconnecting over a period of many months, but also to give a reward for whoever was able to kill someone using void in wilderness(that until then, meant you weren't risking nothing if fighting in void). This was further extented to all untradeables, just to make it even for everything.

But as a final conclusion, yes, this was needed. I don't say that I want this to be reverted back to what it was before. But the price is just too much. And instead of rewarding the player that grinded that end game content so hard and with such passion, you choose to punish him with that, but you won't even look at the most op gear that currently everyone has and can use with pretty much no risk.
From what I understand your concern is not only on the cape but the price of it and other items value. Meanwhile I agree the server have diffrent "difficulties" or "problems" if you like, this is indeed the step in the right direction. One thing at a time and I really hope they do revaluate pkp items in the near feature. When I say revaluate I mean in terms of cost, effiency, power and timeframe to gain.

However to the main point of Completionist cape costs way too much to refund. I disagree. You're getting a cape that is by far BIS compared to max cape, fire cape, magic cape and Ava's accumulator in once. It's a risk you're taking by pking with it and no one is forcing you to particularly use it. Now there's just a risk involved in it. Don't like paying the 240m? Use a firecape. Use magic/god cape. Use Ava's accumulator to drive down the overall cost.

No matter how long something takes you to get. If it's by far BIS then it should have it drawbacks, especially in pking. The price isn't that bad either. If you got comp cape, then you got money to use it/or make money to use it in pking by the time and effort you put in. If not, feel free to use diffrent capes. That should make it somewhat even grounds when people that isn't balling around to use BIS at almost every slot without thinking of consequenses.

Just for comparison

Firecape
Attack bonuses
Stab: +1
Slash +1
Crush +1
Magic +1
Range +1

Defence bonuses
Stab: +11
Slash +11
Crush +11
Magic +11
Range +11

Other bonuses
Strength +4
Prayer +2

Max cape
Attack bonuses
Stab: +5
Slash +5
Crush +5
Magic +5
Range +5

Defence bonuses
Stab: +15
Slash +15
Crush +15
Magic +15
Range +15

Other bonuses
Strength +5
Prayer +5

Comp cape (regular)
Attack bonuses
Stab: +10
Slash +10
Crush +10
Magic +10
Range +10

Defence bonuses
Stab: +20
Slash +20
Crush +20
Magic +20
Range +20

Other bonuses
Strength +10
Prayer +10

God cape
Attack bonuses
Stab: +0
Slash +0
Crush +0
Magic +10
Range +0

Defence bonuses
Stab: +1
Slash +1
Crush +2
Magic +10
Range +0

Other bonuses
Strength +0
Prayer +0

Based on the comparisons the price is justified. I just hope other items to get revaluated and gets looked at.
ImageImage

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:49 pm

The cost to recover max and comp was justified. Is it too steep a price? Maybe, but just a biased opinion. The firecape shouldn't cost anything. Say you're a new player who is just getting into pking. You aren't going to go 1:1, you are just going to lose an extra 30m per death, which doesn't seem to be reassuring.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Billyx
Honor Player

Post by Billyx » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:41 pm

Very good. Thanks!

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:52 pm

Respire1337 wrote:So let's start this, I like the fact that having the best in slot cape it's a risk now in wildy, but the price is just over the moon. Look here for example : I am dharoking and I die. What do I lose? The dharok set(300m), whip(100m), dfs\dragon defender(60m-80m\125m-150m+), berserker ring(35m-50m),fury(100m) and on top of that the comp cape itself(240m out of refund). That means I am losing around 1B worth of gp in 1 death. But on the other hand, the other dude gets the 1b. It's just too big of a difference. 5 kills in row will easily mean a 5b loss.

And I really don't see why you're blaming a cape for not attracting new pkers, but not looking at the other items that we have, but again, you're blaming a CAPE
I'm not exactly blaming the cape. It's just one of many bad things that need to be fixed. :P

Maybe the prices should be adjusted, but not by much.

Even in your Dharok build (which isn't that high-value) you take a Fury. So even though a Glory is 5M and a Fury is 100M, you're perfectly happy to pay 95M for... +12 defence, +2 strength and +2 prayer.

With a Max cape (120M), compared to a Fire cape (30M), you're paying 90M for +4 offence, +4 defence, +1 strength and +3 prayer.

With, say, an Unholy comp cape (240M), compared to the Fire cape you're paying 210M for +29 offence, +9 defence, +6 strength and +28 prayer. Or compared to the Max cape you're paying 120M for +25 offence, +5 defence, +5 strength and +25 prayer.

Idk, maybe Max cape should be a bit cheaper but Comp cape doesn't seem very expensive, at least not compared to a Fury. :P

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:21 am

We shall see how things evolve in the future. One thing I need to say, this is going into the right direction and I like it.

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 am

Rapsey wrote:
Respire1337 wrote:So let's start this, I like the fact that having the best in slot cape it's a risk now in wildy, but the price is just over the moon. Look here for example : I am dharoking and I die. What do I lose? The dharok set(300m), whip(100m), dfs\dragon defender(60m-80m\125m-150m+), berserker ring(35m-50m),fury(100m) and on top of that the comp cape itself(240m out of refund). That means I am losing around 1B worth of gp in 1 death. But on the other hand, the other dude gets the 1b. It's just too big of a difference. 5 kills in row will easily mean a 5b loss.

And I really don't see why you're blaming a cape for not attracting new pkers, but not looking at the other items that we have, but again, you're blaming a CAPE
I'm not exactly blaming the cape. It's just one of many bad things that need to be fixed. :P

Maybe the prices should be adjusted, but not by much.

Even in your Dharok build (which isn't that high-value) you take a Fury. So even though a Glory is 5M and a Fury is 100M, you're perfectly happy to pay 95M for... +12 defence, +2 strength and +2 prayer.

With a Max cape (120M), compared to a Fire cape (30M), you're paying 90M for +4 offence, +4 defence, +1 strength and +3 prayer.

With, say, an Unholy comp cape (240M), compared to the Fire cape you're paying 210M for +29 offence, +9 defence, +6 strength and +28 prayer. Or compared to the Max cape you're paying 120M for +25 offence, +5 defence, +5 strength and +25 prayer.

Idk, maybe Max cape should be a bit cheaper but Comp cape doesn't seem very expensive, at least not compared to a Fury. :P

Unholy comp works as regular in PVP fyi as do all ench comp capes

Steezee
Premium Donator

Post by Steezee » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:46 am

Nolan wrote:Extended brand new task at Vannaka, went from 57 to 34 lol. Pls refund 5M.
Spoiler: show
Can we get back to this? Fix slayer when?

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:16 am

Question that I'd actually really like to be addressed: Is there a reason why brawler gloves' death mechanics aren't the same as the aforementioned capes? Seems nonsensical for zero risk brawler gloves to exist.