16 February Updates: 3 wilderness bosses, major changes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Skiller
Developer

Re: 16 February Updates: 3 wilderness bosses, major changes

Post by Skiller » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:23 am

Simon wrote:Question that I'd actually really like to be addressed: Is there a reason why brawler gloves' death mechanics aren't the same as the aforementioned capes? Seems nonsensical for zero risk brawler gloves to exist.
I hope we'll see a similar change made, perhaps make it something smaller like 30-60m, or a number of pkp. Cost could be (given they have the same stats) the number of pkp for a pair of barrows gloves + 5m.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:26 am

The builder wrote:
Simon wrote:Question that I'd actually really like to be addressed: Is there a reason why brawler gloves' death mechanics aren't the same as the aforementioned capes? Seems nonsensical for zero risk brawler gloves to exist.
I hope we'll see a similar change made, perhaps make it something smaller like 30-60m, or a number of pkp. Cost could be (given they have the same stats) the number of pkp for a pair of barrows gloves + 5m.
It's a good thing that it is being brought up, because those gloves do indeed need a similar change in death mechanics and have been overlooked for quite some time. Corrupt PvP equipment and one or two other items could probably use a bit of a rework as well. It is however important that there is some consensus within the community as to what needs to change and how it needs to be changed.

I am well aware that our fire/max/comp cape change was quite controversial to say the least, but I'm glad that most people agree that it was a much needed change and another step in the right direction. Prices can still be tweaked a bit depending on community feedback and proper reasoning, but the pricing did seem appropriate, especially with the change in the death mechanic that makes the full refund price drop for the killer.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Mike wrote:It's a good thing that it is being brought up, because those gloves do indeed need a similar change in death mechanics and have been overlooked for quite some time. Corrupt PvP equipment and one or two other items could probably use a bit of a rework as well. It is however important that there is some consensus within the community as to what needs to change and how it needs to be changed.

I am well aware that our fire/max/comp cape change was quite controversial to say the least, but I'm glad that most people agree that it was a much needed change and another step in the right direction. Prices can still be tweaked a bit depending on community feedback and proper reasoning, but the pricing did seem appropriate, especially with the change in the death mechanic that makes the full refund price drop for the killer.
Here are some places to start. Some topics most people agree with. Some are split but still contain valuable info.
Mage Capes:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=69173

PvP Armours:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=69789
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=69804
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=69803
viewtopic.php?f=133&t=63430

Brawlers/Barrows Issue:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=68866
viewtopic.php?f=133&t=70178
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=64405

Ava's:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=68081

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 am

Very simple, before rediciolous decisions are made on gloves.

Barrows and brawler gloves should cost at least cost the same and reward the same in pvp. But NOT be more expensive to use in pvp than barrow gloves. Reason being that their stats are exactly the same.

Only difference being that brawlers have an additional role in skilling making them in theory also not worth more in pvp than barrow gloves.

Give a coin buy option for barrow gloves maybe. Prices aside since I'll be opting for low prices anyway.
#Justice4Church

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:23 am

The underdog wrote:Very simple, before rediciolous decisions are made on gloves.

Barrows and brawler gloves should cost at least cost the same and reward the same in pvp. But NOT be more expensive to use in pvp than barrow gloves. Reason being that their stats are exactly the same.

Only difference being that brawlers have an additional role in skilling making them in theory also not worth more in pvp than barrow gloves.

Give a coin buy option for barrow gloves maybe. Prices aside since I'll be opting for low prices anyway.
That's not true. Brawlers have different perks as well. And although it might not be important for edgeville pking, people slaying in deep wildy will prefer using slayer brawlers. Giving brawlers a higher cost makes it more risky for them and more beneficial for pkers, while the pkers could just start using barrow gloves.