2 February Update: a new future-proof Windows client!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: 2 February Update: a new future-proof Windows client!

Post by Rapsey » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:23 am

Thelategamer wrote:Awesome update i think it should effect my screen i always thought it was tiny. It's taking forever to install the update though I'm not sure if thats normal? Also, is it true that the 500 pk req for comp is being removed?
It shouldn't be that slow, in all our tests the update was downloaded in a matter of seconds. However if the auto-update is giving you problems you can always download and re-run the installer (~18MB) which contains the most recent client, no further updates required.

It is true that the 500 player kills requirement will be reworked in the future, though not exactly removed. When the Wilderness Achievement Diary is released its completion will be required for the completionist cape, seeing as that cape is supposed to mark the completion of every task in the game. Since the Wilderness Achievement Diary will contain several smaller PvP-related challenges it would be redundant to keep the 500 kills requirement on top of that.

Everyone who has already met the 500 kills requirement will have some of these PvP tasks completed automatically upon release, though not the entire diary since it will also include several non-PvP Wilderness challenges. What exactly these challenges will be and for which ones the 500 kills will count as a substitute is yet to be determined.

Honor cerb
Known Venturer

Post by Honor cerb » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:30 am

Mike you're an absolute stud. Awesome update, cool to play such a unique server!

Eazy as fuck
Premium Donator

Post by Eazy as fuck » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:50 pm

That's a real great job mike! Keep it going!

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:14 pm

My client keeps redownloading a 28.88 MB cache and it is very annoying, how do I fix this?

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Andres wrote:My client keeps redownloading a 28.88 MB cache and it is very annoying, how do I fix this?
Which client are you using? When you say it keeps redownloading, do you mean over and over on a loop or just once every time you start your client?

If it's the installer client I'd say download and run the installer again, that should fix it. It should not be necessary to uninstall the old one first but it might be prudent to do so anyway.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Andres wrote:My client keeps redownloading a 28.88 MB cache and it is very annoying, how do I fix this?
Which client are you using? When you say it keeps redownloading, do you mean over and over on a loop or just once every time you start your client?

If it's the installer client I'd say download and run the installer again, that should fix it. It should not be necessary to uninstall the old one first but it might be prudent to do so anyway.
Runned the installer again and it works fine now.
It did download a 28.88 MB cache and around 12mb it always said 'can't connect to update server...'
it donwload half of that 28.88 again and after 2-3 times the client loads.

Thats what happened.
Anyways, it's fixed for me now.

E l y
Premium Donator

Post by E l y » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:22 am

Finally!!! Just the update we needed!

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:24 am

Hi Rapsey I tried to download the client on my macbook and it said "cannot open pkhonor.exe" please help me

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:25 am

Simon wrote:Hi Rapsey I tried to download the client on my macbook and it said "cannot open pkhonor.exe" please help me
:areyoukiddingme:

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:24 pm

Screenshot command is bugged.