22 January Updates - Developer Andres, Doomsayer, Bitcoins!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: 22 January Updates - Developer Andres, Doomsayer, Bitcoi

Post by Rapsey » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Empty bag wrote:Cryptocurrencies there you go earning billions!!
I wish lol, no one seems interested in using them. :P It's been out for a week and only one donation was made with them. But who knows, maybe as time goes on they will become more popular as a payment method.

For the record, if anyone wants to donate using a cryptocurrency other than those we currently support, feel free to shoot us a message and we'll see if we can make it possible.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Had this idea: Runecoin, a rsps crypto currency for the more ez rwt.

Would cost me 70 euros to have it setup haha, investors loc.
#Justice4Church

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Can we add reverse-donating? I think some players may want bitcoins for their pkhonor wealth.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:42 pm

Simon wrote:Can we add reverse-donating? I think some players may want bitcoins for their pkhonor wealth.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:46 pm

If that's what you want I think you've been doing the wrong kind of mining. :P

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:50 am

Rapsey wrote:
Empty bag wrote:Cryptocurrencies there you go earning billions!!
I wish lol, no one seems interested in using them. :P It's been out for a week and only one donation was made with them. But who knows, maybe as time goes on they will become more popular as a payment method.

For the record, if anyone wants to donate using a cryptocurrency other than those we currently support, feel free to shoot us a message and we'll see if we can make it possible.
Not like the rabs know how to buy bit coins when they can't even donate through paypal lmao

Floral t
Known Venturer

Post by Floral t » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:14 am

Is there anyway that the punishment history could show who the punishment was given by? It would just give more detail on what happened in each case. I know that with at least half of my bans/mutes that they were handed out by either a trial mod or a short-lived mod.

Everything else is sweet though :thumbsup:

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:20 am

Floral t wrote:Is there anyway that the punishment history could show who the punishment was given by? It would just give more detail on what happened in each case. I know that with at least half of my bans/mutes that they were handed out by either a trial mod or a short-lived mod.
It was intentionally left out. Players can make do without it, and it is only going to cause problems for staff members.

Iron midas
Premium Donator

Post by Iron midas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:11 am

Congrats to andres, about time :D

Iron bat
Premium Donator

Post by Iron bat » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:28 pm

Mike wrote:First and foremost: congratulations to Andres for passing his trial, he is now recognized as an official PkHonor Developer! This also means he now wears the Developer crown (a brown 'D' crown)!
To clarify: he is not a part of the staff team and the rank has no punishment powers. He does have commands and restrictions similar to Honor players, but most importantly, the crown means he is a distinguished member of our community who has gone above and beyond to improve the server. He has aided me a lot in my work and enabled us to release more features, faster than ever before, without asking anything in return for his many hours of work, other than our respect and of course a more enjoyable server.

It's been nearly a year since he has been actively developing new features and fixing bugs in our code and in that time he's become quite a capable developer. He has more than managed to meet our expectations and he still keeps coming up with new ways to improve the server, while maintaining the right mindset. We hope he will continue on this track for many months (or years?) to come!

In further news, we have now added the Doomsayer, who roams just North of the Edgeville bank.
The Doomsayer allows you to see your personal punishment history (both punishments and warnings) and to toggle warning messages when you attempt to perform any of these 11 actions:
  • Teleporting inside the wilderness (both through levers and regular teleports)
  • Entering the wilderness through the rocky handholds near the GWD entrance
  • Using the ::event command to teleport to a dangerous PvM event
  • Using the ::event command to teleport to a wilderness PvM event
  • Entering Ape Atoll
  • Entering the Smokey Well
  • Entering a Player-Owned House dungeon while in PvM mode
  • Going through a portal in a Player-Owned House portal room
  • Removing furniture in your PoH
  • Removing a room in your PoH
  • Cutting a gem into bolt tips

Since a few days ago, we have added CoinPayments, a payment service which accepts Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Dogecoin and Ethereum on our donation page. These donations in cryptocurrency should hopefully allow some players to donate who were previously unable to do so.

Lastly, this weekend there is a Dagannoth Kings event, starting in:

Ending in:

Next up you can expect some more QoL updates, along with the recently announced final three wilderness bosses which Andres had been working on!
damn gotta love mike you know! only updating payment and punishment stuff just for his benefit c: mike why don't you ever put good updates as a number 1 priority so we can have more than 1 boss per year or 2