22 January Updates - Developer Andres, Doomsayer, Bitcoins!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Azu rite
Premium Donator

Re: 22 January Updates - Developer Andres, Doomsayer, Bitcoi

Post by Azu rite » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 pm

Looking at my punishment history I see jails, mostly to talk with staff about things, troll bans/bans to unglitch my account, troll mutes that were unmuted after a few seconds.... Will these count against me?

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Azu rite wrote:Looking at my punishment history I see jails, mostly to talk with staff about things, troll bans/bans to unglitch my account, troll mutes that were unmuted after a few seconds.... Will these count against me?
yes, next offence is band kid.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:27 pm

Azu rite wrote:Looking at my punishment history I see jails, mostly to talk with staff about things, troll bans/bans to unglitch my account, troll mutes that were unmuted after a few seconds.... Will these count against me?
same :troll:

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:31 pm

James wrote:
same :troll:
Recent history is the most important. The further back in history you go, the less relevant it becomes. Also, jails and bans without a specified reason (from before our punishment rework in August last year) will usually not be taken into account either.
The punishment history is mostly for repeat offenders or players who already received a warning. Staff now has quick access to a player's punishment history in-game, including warnings, so they will be able to judge quicker and more easily what action to undertake against that particular player :)

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:32 pm

Congrats Andres!

Awesome update with doomsayer, would've turned off all of these before now if i could've :P

Any news on the process for finding your next t-dev?

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Gz on the brown D from Mike
#Justice4Church

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:40 pm

They shouldn't. Of course I can't guarantee that no staff member will ever mistake a troll punishment for a real one but they shouldn't, no.

We do have a prototype system in place that allows us to strike invalid entries from someone's punishment history. Right now it's still super-only though. It's possible (but by no means guaranteed) that in the future staff members will be able to mark invalid punishments in the logs (their own and/or those of lower-ranking staff members) so that your punishment history will only contain the real ones. But for now that system is only there to take care of serious wrongful punishments, not to clean out all the trolling since that wouldn't be taken into account anyway.

If anyone does have a serious punishment on record that was issued by mistake, feel free to let me know. And I do mean issued by mistake. Don't come to me to get punishments stricken from your record because you personally think they were wrong (but staff doesn't) or because your appeal eventually got accepted. Those are supposed to stay on record.

Honor cerb
Known Venturer

Post by Honor cerb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:44 pm

Congratulations Andres, you and Mike mean a whole lot to this community! Excited for your miraculous work and dedication on the upcoming updates. Really appreciative of the effort you guys put into the server and community. Doomsayer was a good addition and I hope for there to be many more years of PkHonor!

Kim
Honor Player

Post by Kim » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:53 pm

Yay for me beb Andres :thumbsup:

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:04 am

road to 100 yell mutes