Website update: new donation page!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Kenneth
Honor Player

Re: Website update: new donation page!

Post by Kenneth » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Nice update, its cool to see a change in design

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Love the update, The new interface will answer allot of questions people may have about certain items

Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Post by Gethigh udie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:15 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Counterret wrote:Looks cool! While we at it, is it allowed to let people donate in exchange for in-game cash?
It was once allowed by you on jad pet release so that people could gamble for fire capes. So just to be clear. If person x wants to donate 5 $ and i need the donator pts, therefor ill reward him slightly more, is that RWT or allowed? In fact im not receiving irl cash but just to be sure.
Letting someone else donate for your account is certainly allowed. In fact it's one of the reasons why we enable people to donate for any account without requiring a login. If you compensate them for it in-game that would not be considered RWT, though I would advise caution. As of yet there is no real scam-prevention for this sort of thing so it relies on trust, and of course, if a random observer sees you talking about real world money in exchange for in-game money they could easily jump to the conclusion that you are RWT'ing.

Basically RWT means trading something in-game for something IRL. What you're talking about is trading in-game money for in-game credits, and the only reason you'd even have to do it this way is because there's currently no way to trade credits. In the interests of preventing scamming I expect we'll be making credits a tradeable item at some point, then it would also be far more obvious that it is indeed allowed.

EDIT: Actually, don't hold me to that one just yet. We'll have to think it over if making credits tradeable is a good idea.
Thank you for clarifying this though, i've been asked this quite a few times and it's nice to get a clear cut answer.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:53 am

Damn Rapsey, donating looks clean as fuck. Nicely done! :jiggly:
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Poly
Honor Player

Post by Poly » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:03 am

Definitely appreciate the custom donate option, since if players were donating for a whip previously you either had to do it in 2 transactions, or go overkill with the 10k option.

Grave22
Premium Donator

Post by Grave22 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:08 am

Very nice and clean organization for the donation page.
Poly wrote:Definitely appreciate the custom donate option, since if players were donating for a whip previously you either had to do it in 2 transactions, or go overkill with the 10k option.
For sure a big positive for people who want a specific item without spending more money than what it's worth in-game.

Great updates as always! :thumbsup:

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:31 am

I'm so glad you all like it. :)

The custom amount is something we've been wanting to do for a while now. Both Mike and I hate the idea of tricking people into buying more than they want. We've always tried to keep our payment amounts convenient in relation to the credit prices in the donator store, but since PayPal can process any amount, why not let people choose exactly how much they want eh. After all this was intended to be one big QoL update.

I'm really glad we decided not to go on the full shopping-cart-web-shop tour. Would've made things needlessly complicated.

Poly
Honor Player

Post by Poly » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:00 am

I understand the minimum of 250, but why is there a cap on the maximum donation (15000)?

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:01 am

Poly wrote:I understand the minimum of 250, but why is there a cap on the maximum donation (15000)?
Probably to prevent fraud donations, chargebacks, etc. Imagine someone donated for 500B worth of credits, staked it all away, and then charged back. Rip Eco

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:09 am

Adamthalion wrote:
Poly wrote:I understand the minimum of 250, but why is there a cap on the maximum donation (15000)?
Probably to prevent fraud donations, chargebacks, etc. Imagine someone donated for 500B worth of credits, staked it all away, and then charged back. Rip Eco
Pretty much yeah, things like that. The truth is I don't really know if we could safely accept such huge donations, which is why we chose to cap it at 15K for now. We'll have to do some checking but if it turns out that we can, I see no reason not to increase the upper limit.

EDIT: For the record the only reason there is a minimum limit of 250 credits is because of the fee PayPal takes on each payment.