4 December Updates - Vet'ion

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Isaac
Honor Player

Re: 4 December Updates - Vet'ion

Post by Isaac » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:05 pm

Cool.

Wet wizard
Premium Donator

Post by Wet wizard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:08 pm

Rings still useless. Just seems like you're dumping these bosses into the game with similar drop tables, and it's getting boring quick tbh.
not meant to be flame or hate, just what i'm seeing. Drop tables are becoming extremely similar, unique drops aren't creative or even useful. =[

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:43 am

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

O well, at least I killed Andres 3x at the boss.
Aboos
#Justice4Church

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:12 am

Good job. Question though. Since you're planning on releasing the wilderness diaries after the rest of the bosses are released, are the current kills/drops being recorded? Or will we have to start from scratch?

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:19 am

Grizzly mint wrote:Good job. Question though. Since you're planning on releasing the wilderness diaries after the rest of the bosses are released, are the current kills/drops being recorded? Or will we have to start from scratch?
Well they show up in the bookcase, so they are definitely being tracked. I would assume that those would count.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:31 pm

Adamthalion wrote:Well they show up in the bookcase, so they are definitely being tracked. I would assume that those would count.
The usual bookcase data is indeed being recorded but that doesn't mean we'll let it count for the achievement diary from day one. The idea was to transfer certain achievements if the player has already done them for the current comp cape requirements. I don't think we should start tracking retroactively every time we add a new challenge to the game. I've never seen any game that does this, usually when new challenges are added (not existing challenges reworked) everyone has to start from 0. It doesn't make a lot of sense that you'd already be able to work your way through an achievement diary that hasn't even been added yet. ;)

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:Well they show up in the bookcase, so they are definitely being tracked. I would assume that those would count.
The usual bookcase data is indeed being recorded but that doesn't mean we'll let it count for the achievement diary from day one. The idea was to transfer certain achievements if the player has already done them for the current comp cape requirements. I don't think we should start tracking retroactively every time we add a new challenge to the game. I've never seen any game that does this, usually when new challenges are added (not existing challenges reworked) everyone has to start from 0. It doesn't make a lot of sense that you'd already be able to work your way through an achievement diary that hasn't even been added yet. ;)
I've also never seen a game add challenges to a challenge that doesn't exist yet. feel free to quote them, since that's probably your first thought.

I've killed 1k callisto with 7 t ring drops, my question was mainly directed to the drop challenge. since wildy diaries would be far to small without some drop challenges... are they being recorded? or will i + many others have to achieve these drops, only to have to get them again for the diaries.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Grizzly mint wrote: I've killed 1k callisto with 7 t ring drops, my question was mainly directed to the drop challenge. since wildy diaries would be far to small without some drop challenges... are they being recorded? or will i + many others have to achieve these drops, only to have to get them again for the diaries.

That was your choice to kill all them bears, so don't start complaining when they aren't added to comp cape reqs. You should know full well they will not count towards a challenge that doesn't exist yet.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Grizzly mint wrote:I've also never seen a game add challenges to a challenge that doesn't exist yet. feel free to quote them, since that's probably your first thought.
Neither have I, and that includes PkHonor. Although I don't really understand that statement at all.

There are many examples of games that have added new challenges to existing content. You don't have to look too far, just look at how Jagex released their achievement diaries. I'm sure there were players who had already done some of the tasks before the achievement diary was introduced, but still everyone had to start from scratch. This does have benefits though, at least that way there can be some competition in the race to be among the first to complete it. It's not such an awesome achievement if half the players have already got the diary auto-completed the moment it releases, solely by merit of having played the game.
Grizzly mint wrote:I've killed 1k callisto with 7 t ring drops, my question was mainly directed to the drop challenge. since wildy diaries would be far to small without some drop challenges... are they being recorded? or will i + many others have to achieve these drops, only to have to get them again for the diaries.
I don't know if we will add new drop challenges but if we do I'm pretty sure they will only start counting when the diary is released.

Ziaw
Premium Donator

Post by Ziaw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:34 am

so does this mean that i'll lose my comp cape once wildy diaries come out and i have to complete them to get it back?
but botting is bad and you should NEVER do it