31 October Updates - Halloween Event, QoL

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
The underdog
Premium Donator

Re: 31 October Updates - Halloween Event, New Edgeville!

Post by The underdog » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:10 pm

If you lose the items at halloween event where can you get them back, multiple people have problem

Nvm right when I posted this update shows :thumbsup:
#Justice4Church

Greenreefer2

Post by Greenreefer2 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:39 am

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm having minor lag at edge now. Normally when I lag, it's a lag spike and it skips quite a few frames, but this is an unusual lag that just skips across.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:45 am

Greenreefer2 wrote:I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm having minor lag at edge now. Normally when I lag, it's a lag spike and it skips quite a few frames, but this is an unusual lag that just skips across.
Most people are having this issue. They drop to about 20 fps on fixed mode in the area between the two buildings with all the shops.

Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Post by Gethigh udie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:32 am

Amazing work as usual Mike, killing it lately. :thumbsup: Personally, I really like the Edgeville home. Much more interaction between all types of players, and no down side to it whatsoever.

Ragnabldedge
Honor Player

Post by Ragnabldedge » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:06 am

Mike wrote: [*] Fixed the bugged looks of the Saradomin, Zamorak, Bandos, Armadyl and Ancient Dragonhide (from treasure trail Clue Caskets)
EY!! thats two bugs ive reported fixed! i like it!!! but no really the look kinda drove me crazy, only reason to own these was fashionscape which didnt work with these lol ty for the fix.

Ahmash
One Hit Wonder

Post by Ahmash » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pm

Very nice update @Mike, keep it up mans.

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:11 pm

Ragnabldedge wrote:
Mike wrote: [*] Fixed the bugged looks of the Saradomin, Zamorak, Bandos, Armadyl and Ancient Dragonhide (from treasure trail Clue Caskets)
EY!! thats two bugs ive reported fixed! i like it!!! but no really the look kinda drove me crazy, only reason to own these was fashionscape which didnt work with these lol ty for the fix.
It's not like it was reported a few times 2-4 years ago...Just sayin'

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:11 pm

Good job Mike, looks nice. Can't wait to check the halloween event. Did you code it or andres?

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:58 pm

Sverre wrote:Good job Mike, looks nice. Can't wait to check the halloween event. Did you code it or andres?
Mike did I think! It's a fun one :D

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:05 pm

We're not trying to force people to PK, nor do we think the change to Edgeville will have that effect. It will however make the Wilderness more accessible to any new players, some of whom are PK'ers and just want to check out the Wilderness, without having any drawbacks for anyone else.

Those who have been around for 4+ years may recall that Edgeville used to be home. The main reason we changed it to Varrock was because at the time (the peak of RSPS success) we had hundreds of players in the home location and it was causing performance issue (too many players in one area for the client to handle). We changed it to split the crowd between Edgeville and Varrock, which worked beautifully and resolved all further problems.

We have no particular fondness for Edgeville but it did seem like the logical place. As you all know, even with home in a different location a good portion of players hangs out in Edgeville anyway so the choice is to either split the player base or bring everyone together in Edgeville. I don't think there is any other location where you can bring everyone together, which is why we didn't go looking for alternatives.