Forum update: new suggestion system!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Forum update: new suggestion system!

Post by Rapsey » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:07 am

Mr etho wrote:Been awake too long. What I ment is to impliment other codes for forum usage, such as divbox and hr. They were üüjust examples. My brain is fried. But it would be nice to have additonal stuff to play around with and create different forums post designs amd stuff.
I'm always willing to consider new bbcodes but if by divbox you mean this then pls god no. I'm not sure my eyes could take it.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 am

Smh can't even link correctly, noob :jiggly:
Screenshot_2017-10-19-19-22-43.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr etho
Premium Donator

Post by Mr etho » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:23 am

Rapsey wrote:
Mr etho wrote:Been awake too long. What I ment is to impliment other codes for forum usage, such as divbox and hr. They were üüjust examples. My brain is fried. But it would be nice to have additonal stuff to play around with and create different forums post designs amd stuff.
I'm always willing to consider new bbcodes but if by divbox you mean this then pls god no. I'm not sure my eyes could take it.

Well, if possible restrict too bright colors?

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:51 am

Awesome! :)
Spoiler: show
Amount of names =/= amount of votes?

Also how to get there is quite weird... The main point of the new system is getting a better overview, which is linked to votes for you. So how to vote should be easy and you shouldn't have to need a guide on how to vote :p
If I go from to 'ideas' I get this, and I am not able to vote...
I have to click on 'ideas page', quite a devious way to be able to vote, should be more accessible especially for newer players :)

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Mr etho wrote:Well, if possible restrict too bright colors?
I'm sure it would be possible but IMO it would only make the forums uglier. I can't think of a single post that would be made better by adding colored background boxes.
Sverre wrote:Amount of names =/= amount of votes?
Fixed, must've messed that one up when transferring it manually.
Sverre wrote:Also how to get there is quite weird... The main point of the new system is getting a better overview, which is linked to votes for you. So how to vote should be easy and you shouldn't have to need a guide on how to vote :p
If I go from to 'ideas' I get this, and I am not able to vote...

I have to click on 'ideas page', quite a devious way to be able to vote, should be more accessible especially for newer players :)
Yeah, but there's no real way around that. For now the best I could do is hide the "Ideas" storage section, but I figured people might like having direct access to it.

Mr etho
Premium Donator

Post by Mr etho » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Rapsey wrote:
I'm sure it would be possible but IMO it would only make the forums uglier. I can't think of a single post that would be made better by adding colored background boxes.

Here's a example of divbox being used. - https://i.gyazo.com/5d391190d589eef9280 ... 9536b4.png
here's another example - https://i.gyazo.com/3729aab74c4ffb52e0b ... 21c9ec.png
If you know how to work with the stuff, it looks pretty neat.
EDIT: PkHonor Theme is actually too dark for it being able to be properly used. Never mind about that, but rest of the stuff down below could work?

and prehaps add new spoiler system, if possible. So, it would be something like this - [altspoiler=Spoiler name here] [/altspoiler] - it would give you the name whats under the spoiler (could add (SPOILER) in the end, rather then it being just "Spoiler" like this -
Also, additonal stuff could be the table stuff, such as.

Table for lists and such. Great for goals & achievements (only thing I could come up with) - example i found from google. http://www.raid101.com/community/attach ... -png.1127/
[table]
[tr]
[td]table 1[/td]
[td]table 2[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]table 3[/td]
[td]table 4[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Ticked and not ticked boxes. Also good for Goals & achivements and other stuff to note down.
[cb][/cb] - empty box
[cbf][/cbf] - ticked box

That's all I can think off, that you could add to our forums. Oh, if possible, can you change the youtube thing, so instead of it taking the last numbers and letter from url, it would take the whole url instead, some people still have trouble figuring it out and having the chance to copy-paste full youtube link would save us around 0.3 sec of us moving the cursor and dragging the letters & numbers to copy paste it, but we can just ctrl + a it and ctrl + v in between the youtube links.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Mr etho wrote:
Rapsey wrote:

Here's a example of divbox being used. - https://i.gyazo.com/5d391190d589eef9280 ... 9536b4.png
here's another example - https://i.gyazo.com/3729aab74c4ffb52e0b ... 21c9ec.png
If you know how to work with the stuff, it looks pretty neat.
EDIT: PkHonor Theme is actually too dark for it being able to be properly used. Never mind about that, but rest of the stuff down below could work?

and prehaps add new spoiler system, if possible. So, it would be something like this - [altspoiler=Spoiler name here] [/altspoiler] - it would give you the name whats under the spoiler (could add (SPOILER) in the end, rather then it being just "Spoiler" like this -
Also, additonal stuff could be the table stuff, such as.

Table for lists and such. Great for goals & achievements (only thing I could come up with) - example i found from google. http://www.raid101.com/community/attach ... -png.1127/
[table]
[tr]
[td]table 1[/td]
[td]table 2[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]table 3[/td]
[td]table 4[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Ticked and not ticked boxes. Also good for Goals & achivements and other stuff to note down.
[cb][/cb] - empty box
[cbf][/cbf] - ticked box

That's all I can think off, that you could add to our forums. Oh, if possible, can you change the youtube thing, so instead of it taking the last numbers and letter from url, it would take the whole url instead, some people still have trouble figuring it out and having the chance to copy-paste full youtube link would save us around 0.3 sec of us moving the cursor and dragging the letters & numbers to copy paste it, but we can just ctrl + a it and ctrl + v in between the youtube links.
If you REALLY want to do that you could always just upload a picture. I don't see anyone doing that so I doubt people want to use these things.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 pm

I like the new system, but I'm curious -- how much will the suggestions be followed? Like if you look right now, skilling pets have a +64 voting record. Will suggestions with a high ratio of acceptances be worked on more immediately, or will it be as it is now, where even things which are widely supported by the player base will be pushed aside for other things?

I don't mean to imply that the updates we're receiving aren't great, or supported/suggested by the community, I'm just trying to determine how the new voting system will be used by the devs in terms of how, what, and when things will be implemented.

Mr etho
Premium Donator

Post by Mr etho » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 pm

The builder wrote:I like the new system, but I'm curious -- how much will the suggestions be followed? Like if you look right now, skilling pets have a +64 voting record. Will suggestions with a high ratio of acceptances be worked on more immediately, or will it be as it is now, where even things which are widely supported by the player base will be pushed aside for other things?

I don't mean to imply that the updates we're receiving aren't great, or supported/suggested by the community, I'm just trying to determine how the new voting system will be used by the devs in terms of how, what, and when things will be implemented.
This is something I am also wondering. If it's because of lack of time/lack of developers (which I guess it is), why not hold a developer applications, get people to apply as developer, just like moderator, but instead of moderating server, they write out updates. No in-game perks or anything like that, just a person that helps Mike take care of updates, like Anders.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Mr etho wrote:This is something I am also wondering. If it's because of lack of time/lack of developers (which I guess it is), why not hold a developer applications, get people to apply as developer, just like moderator, but instead of moderating server, they write out updates. No in-game perks or anything like that, just a person that helps Mike take care of updates, like Anders.
Great idea! There are some issues though with them being comfortable releasing their code, and ultimately anything they write will need to be reviewed too. But, if there's a way get them access to just what they need for it to work, go for it!
Mr etho wrote:like Andres.
Dying.