5 October updates - presets!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

5 October updates - presets!

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Inventory & equipment presets have been released!

A very useful tool for PvM, PvP and skilling alike! Regular players have access to 5 preset slots, donators can use up to 7 slots and premium members up to 9.

To create a preset, simply right-click the 'Save preset' button at any bank booth, click the desired slot (1 - 9) and enter a name for it. The contents of your current inventory & equipment will be saved to a template which you can reuse later. Due to game engine limitations, the name of a preset can only be up to 12 characters long and may only contain letters, numbers and spaces.

To create a preset that only affects your inventory, simply make sure you do not have a single item equipped when saving your preset. To create an equipment-only preset, make sure you do not have a single item in your inventory when saving the preset.

To load a preset, right-click the 'Load preset' button at any bank booth and select your desired template. If the preset affects your inventory, your current inventory will be stored in the bank and all necessary preset items withdrawn. If it affects your equipment, all currently equipped items will be stored and the preset items will be equipped. An inventory-only preset will not affect any of your equipped items, an equipment-only preset will not affect your inventory.

Left-clicking the Save Preset button will save your current inventory & equipment in the first slot. Similarly, left-clicking the Load button will load your first preset slot. Therefore, I recommend reserving the first slot for skilling tasks such as crafting, fletching, herblore or runecrafting, as you can withdraw all necessary items with a single button click.

To delete a preset, click its 'Save' button while not having anything in your inventory or equipped.

Lastly, If a preset contains a degradable item and you do not have the exact item in your bank, the closest matching item will be withdrawn instead.
For example, if your preset contains an Ahrim's Staff 50, but you only have an Ahrim's Staff 75 and an Ahrim's Staff 25 in your bank, it will withdraw the Ahrim's Staff 75; if you have an Ahrim's staff 100 and an Ahrim's staff 25 in your bank, it will withdraw the Ahrim's Staff 25.

On a side note, the introduction of presets has made several skills a whole lot easier and faster to train. This means we will slightly decrease the XP rates on a few skills (mostly herblore - construction will most likely remain untouched), which is planned for our next - or second next - update, along with the introduction of effigies, the unfinished potion maker and XP boosts in the wilderness.
Oh, and black chinchompa's will be coming to the wilderness soon as one of the fastest ways to train hunter; black salamander XP rates will certainly be buffed as well and dark crabs in the wilderness resource area will be (one of) the fastest way(s) to train fishing. The only thing I still haven't managed to settle on after all this time is a small added bonus effect to dark crabs. Maybe I can make them heal 23 hitpoints (same as rocktails) and restore 5 prayer points (instead of allowing up to +10 hp boost)? Just a random idea.

Other (minor) bugfixes included in this update:
  • For honors: fixed ::copybank resetting your bank on logout if you used ::showbank, also fixed ::copyinv resetting your inventory on logout if you used ::showinv
  • As of now, any food or potions you drop by using the ::empty command will not become visible to other players. Droptrading food or potions through regular dropping was already made impossible some time ago, but did not yet apply to the ::empty command until now
  • Visually improved depositing your entire inventory or equipment at a bank, which will now instantly refresh your inventory instead of one item at a time
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to keep the Nex equipment hitpoints boost by equipping an item to replace a Torva, Pernix or Virtus item
  • If you get a random item from an easter bunny while buying items in the donator credit shop with a full inventory, the random reward will now be sent to your bank instead of being added in your inventory and causing the item you purchased from the shop to be dropped on the floor

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Re: 5 October updates - presets!

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:03 pm

Looks really good! Thanks for the updates! And since when does dark crabs boost hitpoints? I knew that only anglerfish could do that in osrs. Making dark crabs the best healing food in the game sounds also good. Also, maybe add karambwans into the game?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Respire1337 wrote:And since when does dark crabs boost hitpoints? I knew that only anglerfish could do that in osrs.
I meant compared to rocktails - since dark crabs are one of the highest level foods and in a risky place to catch, I believe they should be about as good as rocktails. Just without the hitpoint boost :P but some small extra to replace the hp boost would definitely be nice, to make them worth as much as rocktails but in a different way.

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:15 pm

Hey, that's pretty good.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:16 pm

"Presets 2k17" love it that you included that on the image :lol:

Nice updates !

Zynestica
Novice

Post by Zynestica » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:19 pm

You sir, just made life so much easier!

Great update!

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:21 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:24 pm

NOICE
For honors: fixed ::copybank resetting your bank on logout if you used ::showbank, also fixed ::copyinv resetting your inventory on logout if you used ::showinv
I assume the fact ::copyinv/::showinv doesn't copy/show ring and arrow slot isn't included with this fix?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Sverre wrote:NOICE
For honors: fixed ::copybank resetting your bank on logout if you used ::showbank, also fixed ::copyinv resetting your inventory on logout if you used ::showinv
I assume the fact ::copyinv/::showinv doesn't copy/show ring and arrow slot isn't included with this fix?
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about those 2 slots. Also, I guess you're referring to ::copy to copies someone's equipment which has nothing to do with either ::copyinv or ::showinv?

Either way, I've added those slots for ::copy on my to-do list. Some 2 minutes of work to include in our next update :P

Cbd
Rookie

Post by Cbd » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:33 pm

A 10-15% XP rate decrease doesn't seem nessisary tbh.
Maybe 5% max. But if you're going to do 10 hours of construction just having a preset won't save a whole hour and a half.