27 September Updates - Lava Dragons, bugfixes and more QoL

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Skiller
Developer

Re: 27 September Updates - Lava Dragons, bugfixes and more Q

Post by Skiller » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:59 am

Mike wrote:[Edit] Just released a new client, due to a bug reported by players using Java 9, where there was no right-click menu. This was caused by an incompatibility in how mouse clicking was handled by the client, but I have applied a fix for this in client version 143.
Hey Mike, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this broke Command + Click on my MacBook Air. Java 8 Update 141. Can still use double-tap on track pad, but not Command + Click. Could check with Simon? (think it was he) to see if others have the same problem.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:18 am

The builder wrote:
Mike wrote:[Edit] Just released a new client, due to a bug reported by players using Java 9, where there was no right-click menu. This was caused by an incompatibility in how mouse clicking was handled by the client, but I have applied a fix for this in client version 143.
Hey Mike, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this broke Command + Click on my MacBook Air. Java 8 Update 141. Can still use double-tap on track pad, but not Command + Click. Could check with Simon? (think it was he) to see if others have the same problem.
Sadly, I don't even know what 'command + click' really means. I think I'd best make you a really small program you can run, just do a few mouse clicks and the program will tell me the exact 'codes' to identify each different button press. Then I'll be able to incorporate those in the client. I'll see about that tomorrow.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:11 am

Mike wrote:
The builder wrote:
Sadly, I don't even know what 'command + click' really means. I think I'd best make you a really small program you can run, just do a few mouse clicks and the program will tell me the exact 'codes' to identify each different button press. Then I'll be able to incorporate those in the client. I'll see about that tomorrow.
Basically, on macs, if you have a trackpad, one of the ways to right-click is to hold the command key, and click. The command key has a ⌘ on it, and is most similar to the windows key on PCs. Here's the wikipedia page on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_key