3 September updates: Divine, DFS, Korasi, Dbow, HC & more

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Re: 3 September updates: Divine, DFS, Korasi, Dbow, HC & mor

Post by Grizzly mint » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:34 pm

i like almost everything to a certain degree, except for the ranging amulet nerf. I don't see any reason to nerf an item that boosts the max hit of the most UNDERUSED combat style in PvP. Unless you intend on releasing zenyte jewelry.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Is a handcannon max hit 102 and dbow 61-61 intentional?

lmao

Edit: Also, please see this simple blowpipe buff suggestion thread. 27-1 poll in favor of the buff.

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=66172

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:56 pm

Grizzly mint wrote:i like almost everything to a certain degree, except for the ranging amulet nerf. I don't see any reason to nerf an item that boosts the max hit of the most UNDERUSED combat style in PvP. Unless you intend on releasing zenyte jewelry.
^^^^

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:57 pm

The builder wrote:Very interesting set of updates, excited to hear what the community thinks of the changes after playing with them a bit!

I am curious about the change to Korasi. In Adam's poll, the result with the most votes was to leave the sword as is. Instead, it's been nerfed. Just curious as to why that is.
Only 50% voted to keep it the way it was, the other 50% either wanted it nerfed or removed altogether. Recuding the max hit damage by 15% is an in between solution solution that I'm hoping both parties will find agreeable, not to mention a fitting solution combined with the change to the Divine Spirit Shield in PvP.

Grizzly mint wrote:i like almost everything to a certain degree, except for the ranging amulet nerf. I don't see any reason to nerf an item that boosts the max hit of the most UNDERUSED combat style in PvP. Unless you intend on releasing zenyte jewelry.
Zenyte jewelry might certainly be introduced into the game at some point, but +5 ranged strength isn't nearly as powerful as +15% ranged max hit..

The Amulet of Ranging is an item that is not in OSRS and the +15% ranged max hit was just too powerful in PvP. Removing the extra max hit bonus allowed us to buff the Dark Bow and Hand Cannon to what they are supposed to be. With the extra overall ranged accuracy, the buffs to Dark Bow and Hand Cannon and the extra defensive bonus and +1 extra ranged attack bonus to the amulet, ranged is now a far more viable option than before. Clearly, you're not seeing the bigger picture. Buffing dbow and HC while leaving the Amulet of Ranging the same would have been a mistake, otherwise you'd get PvP situations like these:
Simon wrote:Is a handcannon max hit 102 and dbow 61-61 intentional?
@Simon, I don't know how you got that kind of damage..the highest I managed to get was 81 with HC spec and 47-47 with dbow spec (in PvP at least, so having my ranged level boosted to 112 and without wearing an amulet of ranging). In PvM though, yes, those numbers are possible (although I only got 99 and 57-57 myself) and there's nothing wrong with that. People tend to complain that only melee is viable in PvM anyway :P

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:22 pm

I believe the specs were with void and max gear on dummies? Maybe even on undeads with salve(e), but I believe that the ranging ammy is more powerful than salve(e). And unholy comp cape ofc :doge: :doge: :doge:

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:24 pm

Respire1337 wrote:
I believe the specs were with void and max gear on dummies? Maybe even on undeads with salve(e), but I believe that the ranging ammy is more powerful than salve(e). And unholy comp cape ofc :doge: :doge: :doge:
Forgot about the unholy comp cape. Now I got 102 and 61-61 myself. However, in PvP, the max hit you can possibly get is 81 with HC spec and 47-47 with Dbow spec (with the highest possible gear and stats that I could come up with). So that seems fine.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:32 pm

Mike wrote:Forgot about the unholy comp cape. Now I got 102 and 61-61 myself. However, in PvP, the max hit you can possibly get is 81 with HC spec and 47-47 with Dbow spec (with the highest possible gear and stats that I could come up with). So that seems fine.
Seems about fine.

Jpr132
Known Venturer

Post by Jpr132 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Nice updates heading in the right direction gj mike

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Mike wrote:Forgot about the unholy comp cape. Now I got 102 and 61-61 myself. However, in PvP, the max hit you can possibly get is 81 with HC spec and 47-47 with Dbow spec (with the highest possible gear and stats that I could come up with). So that seems fine.
I am getting 50-50 for the Dark Bow and 83 for the Handcannon in max pvp setup. (Void, Regular comp cape, rigour, range pot to 112, accurate setting)

In terms of comparison to OSRS, the Dark Bow is capped at 48-48.
The Heavy Ballista is the OSRS version of the Handcannon. The max pvp hit is a 61 for the normal attack, and a 76 for the spec.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

I would say that 83 is a little bit too high for the hand cannon. Adding the cap to dark bow would keep us consistent with OSRS, but if our max is a few higher, I don't think it is a huge deal.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:26 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
Would your completionist cape not give additional bonus' in comparison to an avas accumulator which is BIS on osrs?